Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray on Twitter & Facebook 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 ... 188 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray on Twitter & Facebook

(Read 138224 times)
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1125 on: November 30, 2012, 01:32 PM »

And great that this has got over 10,000 likes.

Andy started the year with 448,000 facebook likers(?), and by tomorrow he'll probably have 890,000 as the number has been going up by about 10,000 a week on average, and the number of unpleasant comments reduced to almost none. Plus he came 2nd in the ATP fan's favourite poll. Obviously still a way behind Fed (and Rafa on FB), but it's good to celebrate the positive!

Andy Murray@andy_murray 
1.312.825 followers on twitter; not bad for such a lazy twitter-person....
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1126 on: December 03, 2012, 05:04 PM »

Latest FB:

Thank you to all of my fans for believing in me, for cheering me on and for helping to make 2012 so good...

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1127 on: December 05, 2012, 03:36 PM »

Just arrived at University of Miami for some physical testing. Saw this outside the KIN department. Thanks from me to all the staff who've been great with me and my team

IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1128 on: December 11, 2012, 05:43 PM »

Anyone following Andy answering fans questions on twitter right now for the last hour?  Its pretty interresting for me as its mainly about football.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1129 on: December 12, 2012, 08:30 PM »

Anyone following Andy answering fans questions on twitter right now for the last hour?  Its pretty interresting for me as its mainly about football.
A few I liked (not so much about the football!)
Question: What do you consider the best 'genetic' attributes of Scottish players. Would Ivan take the Scotland job Smile
Andy:Thanks for the question! With his knowledge of football, I really hope not!

Q: Who was your boyhood hero while growing up?
A: It was @AndreAgassi. I had a baseball cap with the fake ponytail, denim shorts, the lot!

Football legend @TheGeoffHurst has sent in a message to @andy_murray He wrote: 'Would you come to watch England play at Wembley as my guest? You don't have to sing 'Three Lions'!'
AM: I would love to @TheGeoffHurst, that's a very kind offer! You don't want to hear me sing anyway!

Q:Do you have a favorite Japanese players?
A:Of the current players I do like Kagawa.

Q:Hi Andy! Do you know any Hungarian football player? Ok, you can't say Ferenc Puskás!!! Smile Smile Smile Good luck next year!
A:Erm, I'm not so big on Hungarian footballers. I'll do some research!

Q:Who has been your most inspirational figure over the course of the year?
A:The British Olympic team. Not one person, but very inspirational....  I watched @Mo_Farah win his first gold on an iPad on the player's lawn @Wimbledon. Amazing.

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1130 on: December 15, 2012, 11:29 AM »

On facebook today - link to andymurray.com

Miami Training
Andy - Saturday, December 15 2012

I’ve been working hard out in Miami since the end of November with Ivan and the team, getting myself ready for the new season.

I won’t lie, it’s been painful but it’s completely necessary so I can go into the new season as fit as I can be and ready for the Australian Open.

The training I’ve been doing over the last few weeks has included double sessions on the tennis courts, Bikram yoga, gym work and beach running. Needless to say, I’ve been going to bed pretty early each day after all that!

This week I welcomed over a few British journalists and invited them to sample a bit of the training I do – they all took part in a beach run, Bikram yoga and a gym session. I took no pleasure at all in watching them suffer but I have a sneaking suspicion they were all a little bit stiff the next day, they hopefully got a good insight into what I do while I’m out here.

It’s a shame I’m not around for Sports Personality of the Year on Sunday, it promises to be a great show with so many high points for British sport this year. I’m proud to have been a small part of that and it will be a great evening.

I’ve got a few big days of training left here, a few days back home then off to Abu Dhabi. I leave on Christmas Day as I have a tournament that starts out there a few days after that and then onwards to Australia.

I hope you all have a great Christmas and get to enjoy some time off with your family and friends.

Thank you for all the support this year, it’s been amazing. Fingers crossed for a successful 2013
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1131 on: December 15, 2012, 03:12 PM »

Ah what a shame that he has to leave on Christmas Day, hope he gets to make the most of it before heading off for Abu Dhabi...! 
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1132 on: December 15, 2012, 03:52 PM »

Welcome Milly87, what a nice post by Andy.  Very smart of him to invite British journalists to his training and to put them through the say rigors that he is going through....good marketing on his part.  I hope he has a wonderful 2013.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1133 on: December 15, 2012, 04:31 PM »

It certainly was smart.   It's good to see how Andy's relationship with the media (or at least those who write/broadcast about tennis) has matured.  I like the tongue in cheek dig at their lack of fitness!
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1134 on: December 15, 2012, 06:25 PM »

He's quite rightly capitalising on the warmth shown towards him by both British public and media over the summer. Agree that's its a very smart move on his part, for sure.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1135 on: December 15, 2012, 07:23 PM »

He's quite rightly capitalising on the warmth shown towards him by both British public and media over the summer. Agree that's its a very smart move on his part, for sure.
  Yes, he's had some good write-ups on the back of that. Bound to help in the SPOTY campaign too.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1136 on: December 16, 2012, 12:14 AM »

Just posted on Andy's facebook a little while ago:

"My heart goes out to all those poor children, their families and the community in Newtown in Connecticut, so so sad."

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1137 on: December 16, 2012, 04:48 PM »

comes across as such a heartfelt message, which I'm sure it is
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1138 on: December 16, 2012, 10:51 PM »

Just posted on Andy's facebook:

"Congratulations Bradley Wiggins on winning, what a truly amazing year for British sport. Congratulations to everyone involved, there were so many deserving cases for the award. It was an honour being part of it all.

Apologies I wasn't there this evening, I am currently working hard out in Miami in my off-season to make sure I give myself the best possible chance to win more slams. Thank you again to anyone that voted for me, here's to a successful 2013!"
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1139 on: December 24, 2012, 06:47 PM »

just caught up with this - gracious message from Andy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 ... 188 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »