Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray on Twitter & Facebook 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 ... 197 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray on Twitter & Facebook

(Read 156720 times)
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1860 on: September 26, 2013, 10:46 PM »

It just seems odd, especially when the who is probably more interesting than the what.

I'd see the point if they had a protected account, but when people in the public eye tweet each other on a public forum, it doesn't make sense to censor it.  If you are worried it's private, it's probably best not to mention it in the first place.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1861 on: September 26, 2013, 10:50 PM »

Well,it's not so much about censoring as just-I don't know, respecting privacy of their account names,or something?Can't quite think of the words I mean.And like I said-this time it was more force of habit than anything else,as you're right,I normally wouldn't bother when it's someone famous.And I wouldn't put something I actually thought someone wanted private on here.Just thought it was amusing Andy already had the new system all figured out Shrug
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1862 on: September 26, 2013, 10:53 PM »

Fair enough, but often, and especially in this case, knowing the context of the tweet shapes its meaning.  Andy tweeting advice to random strangers is a very different scenario to him replying to someone he follows and who he (and Jamie) have already had a bit of banter with on the subject.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1863 on: September 26, 2013, 10:58 PM »

I really didn't think about it from that point of view,but yeah-I suppose you're right.To me it seemed obvious that it must have been someone on his timeline he followed,as he wasn't named in the tweet asking for advice or anything,but I guess it might not to non-twitter users Shrug

Thanks for pointing that out Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1864 on: September 26, 2013, 11:07 PM »

Oh,it's just a habit I've got into I suppose-if I'm putting something on here from twitter and I don't actually know the person,I don't usually put down their username.Mightn't have bothered this time I suppose Shrug
Dani - I started out doing that with the PseudoFed tweets I posted, until it dawned on me that they were there for all to see on Twitter anyway! #tweetignoramus
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1865 on: September 26, 2013, 11:11 PM »

He's been rather quiet lately. Could do with his 'words of wisdom' to give us a  giggle.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1866 on: September 26, 2013, 11:15 PM »

Dani - I started out doing that with the PseudoFed tweets I posted, until it dawned on me that they were there for all to see on Twitter anyway! #tweetignoramus

Hah,I suppose you're right Aileen Smile
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1867 on: September 26, 2013, 11:17 PM »

He's been rather quiet lately. Could do with his 'words of wisdom' to give us a  giggle.

According to Maggie,they were busy watching some programme on dogs on BBC2 tonight Smile
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1868 on: September 26, 2013, 11:25 PM »

Pseudofed????
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1869 on: September 26, 2013, 11:48 PM »

Pseudofed????
You don't know about him?!?  Check out - http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/tennis/pseudofed/

IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1870 on: September 26, 2013, 11:53 PM »

I do - and  follow him on twittter - fab fun- it was Pseudofed i was saying had gone quiet - think dani thought I meant Andy -don't think pseudofed was watching the dog programme on bbc2!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1871 on: September 26, 2013, 11:55 PM »

According to Maggie,they were busy watching some programme on dogs on BBC2 tonight Smile
I bet Andy isn't very mobile at the moment and probably can't spend much time out of bed, although maybe a comfy sofa would be OK.  Anyway Scotnadian is the person who will have an idea as to what's what.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1872 on: September 26, 2013, 11:58 PM »

According to Judy he can barely move and has to rest for 2 weeks before he can start doing anything. but much chirpier today.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1873 on: September 27, 2013, 12:00 AM »

I do - and  follow him on twittter - fab fun- it was Pseudofed i was saying had gone quiet - think dani thought I meant Andy -don't think pseudofed was watching the dog programme on bbc2!
lol Sorry Westie.  Yes PF is fairly subdued at the moment, but then Fed isn't playing anywhere until Shanghai, where he's the 6th seed <chuckle, chuckle>
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1874 on: September 27, 2013, 12:03 AM »

lol Sorry Westie.  Yes PF is fairly subdued at the moment, but then Fed isn't playing anywhere until Shanghai, where he's the 6th seed <chuckle, chuckle>

5th seed, Andy ain't playing.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 ... 197 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »