Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray on Twitter & Facebook 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 ... 197 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray on Twitter & Facebook

(Read 156618 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1905 on: October 02, 2013, 04:58 PM »

Andy Murray ‏@andy_murray
Huge refurbishment going on at wimbledon right now... never seen it like this before!

IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1906 on: October 02, 2013, 05:18 PM »

Looks like the practice courts area
IP Logged
jillypops

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1907 on: October 02, 2013, 05:35 PM »

Looks like the practice courts area

It's Courts 14/15/16/17/19.
The AELTC have announced the plans for the club but due to "old age" I cannot remember what is happening, I expect someone on here will know.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1908 on: October 02, 2013, 06:23 PM »

Well,that's the only pic Andy put up of the game,so no real way to tell!But yeah-when I saw the pic I reckoned it was her.Looks like her hair anyway. Shrug
I agree, but then if Andy took the pic wouldn't he be sitting beside her ...? Think

I'm pretty sure though that he wasn't allowed to go the match on his own.  Also he would have to go there by car, and driving certainly won't be on the agenda right now because, for one thing, it would be too stressful on his healing back.

I feel Andy should be a bit careful about what he tweets because, although it's very reassuring for his fans to know that he's making good progress, I can just see his moronic detractors pouncing and saying that if he can attend football matches, or whatever, then why can't he start playing tennis soon - the inference being once again that this is just an excuse to take time off to prepare for a Slam, even if the AO is over three months away.  He could always post these directly on am.com rather in the very public domain of Twitter and Facebook.  Maybe he just doesn't care though because he never reads their drivel anyway!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1909 on: October 02, 2013, 06:29 PM »

It's Courts 14/15/16/17/19.
The AELTC have announced the plans for the club but due to "old age" I cannot remember what is happening, I expect someone on here will know.
It has been posted on here (somewhere!) but this is what was announced by the Club's architects in June - http://www.dezeen.com/2013/06/21/grimshaw-reveals-masterplan-for-wimbledon/
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1910 on: October 02, 2013, 06:44 PM »

I agree, but then if Andy took the pic wouldn't he be sitting beside her ...? Think

I'm pretty sure though that he wasn't allowed to go the match on his own.  Also he would have to go there by car, and driving certainly won't be on the agenda right now because, for one thing, it would be too stressful on his healing back.
If he can walk he can drive, I hardly think driving would be anymore stress on his back than walking. It's been over a week since the operation. His back is healing all the time and getting better everyday.
I feel Andy should be a bit careful about what he tweets because, although it's very reassuring for his fans to know that he's making good progress, I can just see his moronic detractors pouncing and saying that if he can attend football matches, or whatever, then why can't he start playing tennis soon - the inference being once again that this is just an excuse to take time off to prepare for a Slam, even if the AO is over three months away.  He could always post these directly on am.com rather in the very public domain of Twitter and Facebook.  Maybe he just doesn't care though because he never reads their drivel anyway!
Quite frankly who gives a damm what people think. Andy is rich and sucessful and never has to work again. Screw them.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1911 on: October 02, 2013, 07:01 PM »

just catching up after my holiday.  Such good news that Andy is up and about as last I read it sounded like he wouldn't be mobile for another week. 
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1912 on: October 02, 2013, 07:13 PM »

Clare Balding ‏@clarebalding 1h Tomorrow is a huge day. I am taking my mind off the morning OBE ceremony by going to the RDA Awards tonight to talk about ponies. Best way

Hmmm!   Wonder who else is going.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1913 on: October 02, 2013, 07:14 PM »

Clare Balding ‏@clarebalding 1h Tomorrow is a huge day. I am taking my mind off the morning OBE ceremony by going to the RDA Awards tonight to talk about ponies. Best way

Hmmm!   Wonder who else is going.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw that tweet Westie! Very Happy
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1914 on: October 02, 2013, 07:28 PM »

just catching up after my holiday.  Such good news that Andy is up and about as last I read it sounded like he wouldn't be mobile for another week. 

Speculation has been in overdrive on MW! I was happy to go with the John Terry type recovery from back surgery unless we heard to the contrary, but others have been more pessimistic.

http://www.physioroom.com/sports/injury_case_studies/herniated_disc_terry.php

I am aware though that Andy can't be substituted during a match if it gets too much, so  he may have to be more careful about his return!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1915 on: October 02, 2013, 07:35 PM »

I guess speculation is going to be inevitable Elena until he's back in training (no pun intended).   Am trying to be positive but not sure can read too much into what happened with JT.   As you say Andy can't be substituted and I suspect playing tennis puts more stress on the back than running around a football pitch - but what do I know about footie?  FA.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1916 on: October 02, 2013, 08:03 PM »

If he can walk he can drive, I hardly think driving would be anymore stress on his back than walking.
Do you actually drive yourself rob, because if you do you should be aware of the movement involved.  Even just turning the wheel involves using back muscles, let alone having to twist it round in order to swerve to avoid hitting a pedestrian or a car driven by a careless driver or having to to an emergency stop for the same reason which would give it quite a jolt.   Also have you ever wondered why many car drivers use back-rests?

Speculation has been in overdrive on MW! I was happy to go with the John Terry type recovery from back surgery unless we heard to the contrary, but others have been more pessimistic.

http://www.physioroom.com/sports/injury_case_studies/herniated_disc_terry.php

I am aware though that Andy can't be substituted during a match if it gets too much, so  he may have to be more careful about his return!
Having already read about Terry's case, I share the same optimism Elena, but still can't see him playing best of five matches at a tournament which is only a month away.  Footie isn't as physical as tennis anyway, so even if Andy is super-fit and undoubtedly has excellent core strength already, which will certainly stand him in good stead, I'll be very surprised if he returns before the start of the next season, something I'm happy to accept.  From what we've been hearing though it does seem that he has an excellent chance of going to Miami as usual for his winter training.

Also Terry may have been running round the pitch the day after his op, but I somehow don't think Andy was doing anything quite as energetic.  Also it's just possible that Terry had the op done using a local anaesthetic, perhaps an epidural, whereas Andy had to get over the effects of a general one.
[ Last edit by Aileen October 02, 2013, 08:14 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1917 on: October 02, 2013, 08:24 PM »

Are they starting to develop the Wimbledon Master Plan this soon?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1918 on: October 02, 2013, 08:32 PM »

Are they starting to develop the Wimbledon Master Plan this soon?
From the the photo at the top of the page it looks as though it already has.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1919 on: October 02, 2013, 08:54 PM »

I guess speculation is going to be inevitable Elena until he's back in training (no pun intended).   Am trying to be positive but not sure can read too much into what happened with JT.   As you say Andy can't be substituted and I suspect playing tennis puts more stress on the back than running around a football pitch - but what do I know about footie?  FA.

All I'm saying is that I am not "gobsmacked" as some put it, that Andy was out for a walk several days after his op. It seemed that some had him lying motionless with his strength seeping away.

Aileen @ 8.03.  I'm not even speculating on when Andy might return to competitive tennis. As far as I'm concerned, he's had his operation and will return when ready, hopefully not before. But I have read so many posts about the unexpected length of his operation, how his recovery will go, how Kim will cope etc, I just thought I'd post a slightly more relaxed view! If the recovery takes longer, then so be it.

I suspect playing football at that level requires a bit more than running around a pitch. -  with quite a lot of twisting and turning and possibly crashing into each other, but I don't watch much.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 ... 197 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »