Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray on Twitter & Facebook 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 ... 187 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray on Twitter & Facebook

(Read 133871 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1935 on: October 04, 2013, 03:06 AM »

To be honest, I thought Judy just said he'd be relatively immobile, meaning that he wouldn't be able to do much exercise, or any heavy lifting and is probably what the doctors ordered.  It's all relative.  

The main point is that we don't really know, and trying to guess is a hiding to nothing.  It's great that he was seen out for a walk, but realistically, he was standing still in the photo.  We don't know how fast he was walking, or how far he went, or how many painkillers he needed.  

He can't be too bad if he's able to make a trip by car (even as a passenger) to watch the football, but again, we don't know how far he walked, or if he was forced to use the lift, or how many painkillers he was taking.

Doing these things is promising, but it doesn't give any meaningful indication of when he'll be ready to play a sport that has a much more demanding range of movements and will put a lot more stress on the operation site.

Thankfully, he's not gone into a media black-out and seems happy enough to tweet regularly and add to his Facebook, so hopefully when he is back at training, we'll know about it. Smile
Unfortunately I heard a quite different version of events from Judy, which did not sound very encouraging.

Perhaps it's a bit unfortunate that she was already scheduled to appear on TV twice last week and so was inevitably going to be asked about it, although she did refuse to say what the op had been for - maybe at Andy's request because he's consistently declined to enlighten us as to what the problem was - because it seems to me that all she did was to further confuse a situation which was already a little confusing, and thereby only fuelling more speculation, much of which seemed to be of the glass half-empty kind.

Apart from that I entirely agree with the rest of your post, and I'm content now to hear what comes from Andy himself via his tweets.  What will be, will be.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1936 on: October 04, 2013, 08:12 AM »

I wouldn't say it's unfortunate.   It's just one of those things that different people will interpret the same words to mean different things.  I was probably influenced by what I'd previously read about the operation that people couldn't do much for a fortnight, but were expected to do certain exercises in that time, and even before leaving hospital.  You would have been influenced by whatever you previously knew about similar operations.

It doesn't matter either way.  We know now that Andy wasn't literally absolutely immobile for a fortnight, so any that may have been the case can be put aside now. Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1937 on: October 04, 2013, 02:17 PM »

Oooohhh...  cmon yeah yay

Neil Harman ‏@NeilHarmanTimes  5h 
Barbados could be setting for Andy Murray's next event. Headlined in Dream Cup tournament at end of Nov with Delpo, Gasquet and Almagro

Mike Dickson ‏@Mike_Dickson_DM  5h 
Andy Murray announced to play in 'Dream Cup' exhibition event in Barbados at end of November, clearly expects to be fit by then

IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1938 on: October 04, 2013, 03:04 PM »

chris jones ‏@chrisjones51
Andy Murray will meet with medical experts next week to asses his recovery from the back operation and to decide on O2 participation #tennis
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1939 on: October 04, 2013, 05:10 PM »

Andy Murray ‏@andy_murray
My attempt at a dove for unicef... pants?

Andy's effort much appreciated by Doves for Peace! Judy's too

Doves for Peace ‏@Doves_for_Peace
THANK YOU @andy_murray! Fantastic dove Andy and really honoured that you've taken the time to #drawadove in aid of @UNICEF! YOU ARE ACE!

What a fantastic response from @andy_murray & @judmoo!A wonderfully kind gesture that will be invaluable in raising funds in aid of @UNICEF.

So excited to see the wonderful @andy_murray 's dove in support of my #drawadove campaign in aid of @UNICEF! pic.twitter.com/LftesoshZN

Huge thanks to the wonderful @judmoo for supporting @Doves_for_Peace in aid of @UNICEF. What an ACE dove! LOVE it!

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1940 on: October 04, 2013, 09:28 PM »

That's brilliant, especially the pregnant bit! Very Happy

I'm not at all surprised that Andy's more modest effort was appreciated too.

Anyone on here who's on Twitter/Facebook fancy drawing a dove for peace?  I understand that some of these drawings will feature on UNICEF's Christmas cards like they have done for a few years now.  I'd gladly do one but have zero artistic talent, unfortunately.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1941 on: October 04, 2013, 10:13 PM »

just finished the final episode of 'dexter'... great show, any good shows going on right that will fill this void in my life?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1942 on: October 04, 2013, 10:31 PM »

just finished the final episode of 'dexter'... great show, any good shows going on right that will fill this void in my life?

Bad Education!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1943 on: October 04, 2013, 11:45 PM »

What do you mean by bad education??

Dexter -
Crime drama
Suspense
Horror
Psychological thriller
Black comedy

So now we know Andy's taste in TV shows. lol
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1944 on: October 04, 2013, 11:48 PM »

What do you mean by bad education??

It's a tv show Aileen Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1945 on: October 04, 2013, 11:53 PM »

It's a tv show Aileen Smile
Thanks dani.  Shows just how much TV I watch. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1946 on: October 05, 2013, 02:51 AM »

The Good Wife.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1947 on: October 05, 2013, 03:18 AM »

Andy's dove looks like a fat pigeon.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1948 on: October 05, 2013, 03:32 AM »

Andy's dove looks like a fat pigeon.
lol  Not to me it doesn't.  Pigeons are horrible birds anyway.  Hate them.  One came in through an open window of a flat I lived in and I had to ring the local police station and ask someone to come and remove it.  Fortunately it was 7:30 on a Sunday morning, and a policeman and woman turned up, saw the funny side of it and ejected said bird.  I was far from amused though because there was pigeon sh*t everywhere! yuk
[ Last edit by Aileen October 05, 2013, 03:38 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1949 on: October 05, 2013, 08:07 AM »

Agree with you Aileen. Trafalgar Square used to be disgusting. One of the best things Ken did was employ a Falcon to sort them out...Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 ... 187 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »