Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray on Twitter & Facebook 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 ... 188 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray on Twitter & Facebook

(Read 140477 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2145 on: November 19, 2013, 09:30 PM »

And people worry that The Tradesman won't be back for The AO.
I'm not worried, just taking taking things as they come.  It's still early days in his rehab programme, which he's said could take 'a few months', but ultimately even he doesn't know how it's going to pan out.  Just so long as things continue to go well and there are no major setbacks I'll be happy.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2146 on: November 19, 2013, 10:00 PM »

I'm not worried, just taking taking things as they come.  It's still early days in his rehab programme, which he's said could take 'a few months', but ultimately even he doesn't know how it's going to pan out.  Just so long as things continue to go well and there are no major setbacks I'll be happy.
I was reading Andy Q/A on Facebook and someone said how long has got left on rehab and he said it was nearly over and that was before he went to Miami. On to this Dream Cup a nice tittle bit of stress free tennis with fellow pros. I like that Andy and Kim will have a little mini break there aswell. It all sets it up nicely for next season.

Every positive update I get from Andy the more confident I become about next season.  yay
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2147 on: November 19, 2013, 10:06 PM »

@Angie - I'm feasting my eyes on that pic because it seems like an eternity since Andy was last on court, and he's looking good! yay

I can't help but think it's a bit of psychological warfare going on there.  Andy wants to make the point that he may have been out for the end of this season, but he's gearing up for the next one.  Even if he had to spend a couple of weeks doing very little in the way of exercise, he didn't let himself get out of shape.

I know a picture doesn't really prove much, but there is a long time to go between now and Australia, and I think this Barbados Cup will be perfect.  It isn't a serious tournament (clearly designed to show of Barbados as a tourist destination), but it gives Andy something to aim for, and to get a feel for where he's at. Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2148 on: November 19, 2013, 10:19 PM »

I was reading Andy Q/A on Facebook and someone said how long has got left on rehab and he said it was nearly over and that was before he went to Miami. On to this Dream Cup a nice tittle bit of stress free tennis with fellow pros. I like that Andy and Kim will have a little mini break there aswell. It all sets it up nicely for next season.

Every positive update I get from Andy the more confident I become about next season.  yay
How typical of Andy to play things down.  Yeah his back was feeling so great that an interview he gave before he left for Miami had to be held indoors because it couldn't cope with the cold. That's positive?  Obviously the heat in Miami will help it, but it's still early days.

I didn't think Kim had gone to Miami with him anyway, and I certainly got the impression from an article I read the other day that he'll be on his own in Barbados where he will continue with his rehab routine as well as practising.  It's possible, I suppose, that she could fly there and join him but it doesn't sound like she'll see too much of him ... well during the day anyway!

I can't help but think it's a bit of psychological warfare going on there.  Andy wants to make the point that he may have been out for the end of this season, but he's gearing up for the next one.  Even if he had to spend a couple of weeks doing very little in the way of exercise, he didn't let himself get out of shape.

I know a picture doesn't really prove much, but there is a long time to go between now and Australia, and I think this Barbados Cup will be perfect.  It isn't a serious tournament (clearly designed to show of Barbados as a tourist destination), but it gives Andy something to aim for, and to get a feel for where he's at. Smile
All of which makes perfect sense, but it was still good to see him on court even although we don't know exactly how long he was on for.
[ Last edit by Aileen November 19, 2013, 10:34 PM ] IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2149 on: November 19, 2013, 10:47 PM »

What interview was that Aileen?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2150 on: November 19, 2013, 10:55 PM »

The Tradesman will play Doha.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2151 on: November 19, 2013, 11:08 PM »

What interview was that Aileen?
It was one I read in a newspaper, but unfortunately it isn't online.

The Tradesman will play Doha.
I have no doubt that he will.  I don't think he'll last too long in Abu Dhabi  though since he's scheduled to meet Tsonga first, with the winner playing Djokovic.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2152 on: November 19, 2013, 11:08 PM »

He will tank Abu Dhabi.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2153 on: November 19, 2013, 11:16 PM »

He will tank Abu Dhabi.
He probably won't have to.  His first Tour match after such a long injury lay-off and he plays Tsonga??
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2154 on: November 19, 2013, 11:20 PM »

It was one I read in a newspaper, but unfortunately it isn't online.
I have no doubt that he will.  I don't think he'll last too long in Abu Dhabi  though since he's scheduled to meet Tsonga first, with the winner playing Djokovic.
Another exhibition not to worry about. A glorified practice session for Doha.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2155 on: November 19, 2013, 11:27 PM »

I didn't think Kim had gone to Miami with him anyway, and I certainly got the impression from an article I read the other day that he'll be on his own in Barbados where he will continue with his rehab routine as well as practising.  It's possible, I suppose, that she could fly there and join him but it doesn't sound like she'll see too much of him ... well during the day anyway!

All of which makes perfect sense, but it was still good to see him on court even although we don't know exactly how long he was on for.

I saw a very small pic of Andy and Kim arriving in Miami together Aileen-didn't bother posting it on here,as it was only a thumbnail pic,not an actual one,but she is there with him Smile

Fab to see him back on court! yay
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2156 on: November 19, 2013, 11:41 PM »

I saw a very small pic of Andy and Kim arriving in Miami together Aileen-didn't bother posting it on here,as it was only a thumbnail pic,not an actual one,but she is there with him Smile
Thank you for that dani.  I hope that means that Maggie and Rusty are there too. Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2157 on: November 19, 2013, 11:45 PM »

Another exhibition not to worry about. A glorified practice session for Doha.
Doesn't matter.  These players don't do easy even in exhos.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2158 on: November 20, 2013, 12:05 AM »

Doesn't matter.  These players don't do easy even in exhos.
Good the more intense the better for him to see where he is.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2159 on: November 20, 2013, 12:10 AM »

I think Abu Dhabi will be fairly competitive, albeit still just a warm-up, as it's a pre-cursor to the new season, while Barbados will be less intense.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 ... 188 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »