Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray on Twitter & Facebook 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 ... 187 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray on Twitter & Facebook

(Read 133174 times)
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2220 on: December 18, 2013, 09:39 PM »

And I don't think he'd be all dressed up in the same gear! It's the same trophy in both pics, just held at different angles/sides, one layer of silver shields doesn't go all the way around, so it looks different depending which side you see.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2221 on: December 18, 2013, 09:43 PM »

Yeah thats what I thought Westie Wink even if he did have the same clothes on which I very much doubt the trophy still wouldnt have got there as  early as today.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2222 on: December 18, 2013, 09:45 PM »

just held at different angles/sides, one layer of silver shields doesn't go all the way around, so it looks different depending which side you see.

^^^^ This.   The point of a replica is to look like the real one, or there isn't much point in having it.  Actually, I think the point is so that if someone loses the original, they've still got one, then make a replica of that.  I wouldn't be surprised if that has happened! lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2223 on: December 18, 2013, 09:50 PM »

But thats what he had on when he done his speech! This pic was took on sunday night. The trophy wouldnt have got there that quick lol  Very Happy
I'm not that daft Angie and I did notice that Smile but if you remember Andy had just had a shower, so presumably a clean shirt which he then wore the next day.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2224 on: December 18, 2013, 09:57 PM »

I'm not that daft Angie and I did notice that Smile but if you remember Andy had just had a shower, so presumably a clean shirt which he then wore the next day.

So are you saying this is the next day and the real trophy was delivered?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2225 on: December 18, 2013, 09:59 PM »

So are you saying this is the next day and the real trophy was delivered?
It's not impossible, but I take Westie's point, although I still think the Sunday one was a quasi-replica and not the full-blown one.  Why would the Beeb go to the trouble of doing a full replica before the event?

Anyway as Miami is GMT-5 Andy could still well have been wearing the same shirt next morning.
[ Last edit by Aileen December 18, 2013, 10:10 PM ] IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2226 on: December 18, 2013, 10:00 PM »

Yeah thats what I thought Westie Wink even if he did have the same clothes on which I very much doubt the trophy still wouldnt have got there as  early as today.

Since u r backing me up I'll not fall out over you keeping Andy all to yourself lol
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2227 on: December 18, 2013, 10:02 PM »

It's not impossible, but I take Westie's point.

hug
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2228 on: December 18, 2013, 10:03 PM »

Since u r backing me up I'll not fall out over you keeping Andy all to yourself lol

Sorry but I'm just plain greedy! You can have him after I'm done with him  bigbounce
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2229 on: December 18, 2013, 10:04 PM »

Even better - he will be needing loads of tlc!!!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2230 on: December 18, 2013, 10:05 PM »

Even better - he will be needing loads of tlc!!!

I only wanted a game of tennis with him  shocking nothing more  Whistle
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2231 on: December 18, 2013, 10:11 PM »

That strange strangulated sound you heard was me (and a whole load of MW ers) choking and spluttering with disbelieving laughter highfive
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2232 on: December 18, 2013, 10:12 PM »

lol
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2233 on: December 18, 2013, 10:39 PM »

It's not impossible, but I take Westie's point, although I still think the Sunday one was a quasi-replica and not the full-blown one.  Why would the Beeb go to the trouble of doing a full replica before the event?
I think the question is, why would the Beeb bother flying a replica over there that doesn't quite look like the real thing, only to then fly the real one over the next day?

It's been well publicised that there is a replica of the main award.  Apparently, the winner normally gets the real thing, while the BBC keeps the replica "just in case".  All they needed to do was fly the replica to the likely winner, and only short-listed candidate not in the studio, but available via live link.

I'm sorry, but to me it's very obviously a photo taken at the same time, in the same light, in the same clothes with the same trophy with the same photographer who was there the first time around.

Not only would you need to convince Andy to put on yesterday's shirt, you'd need to convince him to shave again.  Even if you are prepared to believe the BBC would bother with such a contrived, and pointless deceit, does any Andy fan think he'd be persuaded to shave two days in a row? shocking
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2234 on: December 18, 2013, 11:04 PM »

^^ Goodness me, wasn't expecting all that! The picture and comment was posted on Andy's facebook on 15th December - after the SPOTY show. I was just drawing attention to the support he's been getting on facebook - over 100,000 likes for a post is pretty good going - especially as there's no re-dial option - just one "like" per person!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 ... 187 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »