Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray on Twitter & Facebook 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 ... 197 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray on Twitter & Facebook

(Read 156556 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2235 on: December 19, 2013, 01:04 AM »

I think the question is, why would the Beeb bother flying a replica over there that doesn't quite look like the real thing, only to then fly the real one over the next day?

It's been well publicised that there is a replica of the main award.  Apparently, the winner normally gets the real thing, while the BBC keeps the replica "just in case".  All they needed to do was fly the replica to the likely winner, and only short-listed candidate not in the studio, but available via live link.

I'm sorry, but to me it's very obviously a photo taken at the same time, in the same light, in the same clothes with the same trophy with the same photographer who was there the first time around.

Not only would you need to convince Andy to put on yesterday's shirt, you'd need to convince him to shave again.  Even if you are prepared to believe the BBC would bother with such a contrived, and pointless deceit, does any Andy fan think he'd be persuaded to shave two days in a row? shocking
Kim might persuade him to shave, assuming she's there. lol   Anyway I still think the BBC weren't very wise by jumping the gun.  OK so Andy seemed a dead cert winner according to polls and bookies, but what if the voting public had other ideas?  Mo Farah was reckoned to be in at least second place, but look what happened to him - and he wasn't at the event either.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2236 on: December 19, 2013, 01:16 AM »

^^ Goodness me, wasn't expecting all that! The picture and comment was posted on Andy's facebook on 15th December - after the SPOTY show. I was just drawing attention to the support he's been getting on facebook - over 100,000 likes for a post is pretty good going - especially as there's no re-dial option - just one "like" per person!
Storm in a teacup all that and my apologies for starting it.  I should know by now what a tinder-box MW can be at times.

Yes it is great to see Andy getting all that support, and how typical of him to say that there were so many other deserving nominees.  I think that his genuine modesty and appreciation of all his supporters has finally got across to the public in general.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2237 on: December 19, 2013, 08:28 AM »

Anyway I still think the BBC weren't very wise by jumping the gun.  OK so Andy seemed a dead cert winner according to polls and bookies, but what if the voting public had other ideas?  Mo Farah was reckoned to be in at least second place, but look what happened to him - and he wasn't at the event either.
You've answered your own question. Mo wasn't available, so no point in having the winners trophy on standby for him.  Apparently, he had a representative in the studio audience, so they would have collected the trophy there.  If Mo was going to be on a live link, they'd have needed to make a decision about where to send the replica, but they weren't put in that position.

It doesn't really matter, because the BBC have already said they have two copies of the trophy, and sent one to Miami.   That news was public before Andy won.  There was no need to a second photo shoot as the replica looks identical to the real one.  I'm not sure why you are persisting with this one.

^^ Goodness me, wasn't expecting all that! The picture and comment was posted on Andy's facebook on 15th December - after the SPOTY show. I was just drawing attention to the support he's been getting on facebook - over 100,000 likes for a post is pretty good going - especially as there's no re-dial option - just one "like" per person!
Sorry.  We are prone to over-complicate things around here!

It is great, and you are right about the no re-dial option.  I think a lot of people were very happy for Andy, and most tennis fans like to see tennis players pick up these big awards, even when that particular tennis player isn't their favourite.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2238 on: December 19, 2013, 08:43 AM »

Andy posted this link on Facebook. Radio show the day we won Wimbledon! Just heard trailer sounds as if it will be fab Smile Thursday 9 pm. Radio 5 live.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01nhxf1
Loved that Angie and I love John Hurt too! Must try and listen to it! Thanks sweetie!  Very Happy
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2239 on: December 19, 2013, 10:11 AM »

loved the adidas ad and Andy's reaction to it.  Apparently it was on a huge hoarding when they came out of SPOTY in Leeds according to Inverdale on 5 live that evening.  And next day it was the full back page of the metro, of which I now have 2 copies.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2240 on: December 19, 2013, 05:01 PM »

This isn't any direct exchange between Andy and anyone else,but it was on twitter and I thought it was funny,so I thought I'd post it on here.Basically,there's been a LOT of jokes on twitter about the "we" in the "Day We Won Wimbledon thing",for anyone who isn't on there!I guess it was about time the official Wimbledon account got in on it! lol

BBC Tennis ‏@bbctennis =
8 hours to go...

Wimbledon ‏@Wimbledon
@bbctennis Should we change the name engraved on the trophy? Wink

BBC Tennis ‏@bbctennis
“@Wimbledon: @bbctennis Should we change the name engraved on the trophy? Wink” Is that an option? Could we?

Wimbledon ‏@Wimbledon
@bbctennis Better ask Andy. He might mind.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2241 on: December 19, 2013, 05:11 PM »

Lol that's class Dani  lol
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2242 on: December 19, 2013, 06:57 PM »

Brilliant!  Thanks for sharing. lol
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2243 on: December 19, 2013, 07:03 PM »

perhaps Andy has achieved the status of the royal 'we' now  Whistle
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2244 on: December 19, 2013, 07:25 PM »

^^ a lovely exchange, thanks Dani!

It seems an odd title, but I wonder whether the programme will be looking at how support from the fans did help Andy - it's always nice for us when he says that it did! I was one of those on the hill for the match v Verdasco, making so much noise that the umpire on Court 1 had to ask the crowd there to concentrate on their match, and someone I met who was in Centre Court said they could hear us!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2245 on: December 19, 2013, 08:01 PM »

loved the adidas ad and Andy's reaction to it.  Apparently it was on a huge hoarding when they came out of SPOTY in Leeds according to Inverdale on 5 live that evening.

Absolutely was. Right in front of main entrance.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2246 on: December 19, 2013, 09:50 PM »

This isn't any direct exchange between Andy and anyone else,but it was on twitter and I thought it was funny,so I thought I'd post it on here.Basically,there's been a LOT of jokes on twitter about the "we" in the "Day We Won Wimbledon thing",for anyone who isn't on there!I guess it was about time the official Wimbledon account got in on it! lol

BBC Tennis ‏@bbctennis =
8 hours to go...

Wimbledon ‏@Wimbledon
@bbctennis Should we change the name engraved on the trophy? Wink

BBC Tennis ‏@bbctennis
“@Wimbledon: @bbctennis Should we change the name engraved on the trophy? Wink” Is that an option? Could we?

Wimbledon ‏@Wimbledon
@bbctennis Better ask Andy. He might mind.
perhaps Andy has achieved the status of the royal 'we' now  Whistle
The 'we' caught my eye when the programme was announced and that was the first thing I thought of.  So much better than SmugFed's 'Me'!

It seems an odd title, but I wonder whether the programme will be looking at how support from the fans did help Andy - it's always nice for us when he says that it did! I was one of those on the hill for the match v Verdasco, making so much noise that the umpire on Court 1 had to ask the crowd there to concentrate on their match, and someone I met who was in Centre Court said they could hear us!
I expect that's nearer the truth Elena.  Could you imagine Andy wanting it entitled "The Day I Won Wimbledon"?

loved the adidas ad and Andy's reaction to it.  Apparently it was on a huge hoarding when they came out of SPOTY in Leeds according to Inverdale on 5 live that evening.  And next day it was the full back page of the metro, of which I now have 2 copies.
I'm sure they told Andy they were intending to do it and got his approval, although he might have been a little surprised at the size of it!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2247 on: December 19, 2013, 11:33 PM »

Does anyone know when the radio 5 live program on Wimbledon has been rescheduled for? I was looking forward to that tonight Frown
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2248 on: December 20, 2013, 12:09 AM »

Does anyone know when the radio 5 live program on Wimbledon has been rescheduled for? I was looking forward to that tonight Frown

Here you go Angie Smile

BBC Tennis ‏@bbctennis
Our special @andy_murray programme @WithJohnHurt has been postponed for 24 hours. Now on @bbc5live Friday night at 9.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2249 on: December 20, 2013, 12:27 AM »

Here you go Angie Smile

BBC Tennis ‏@bbctennis
Our special @andy_murray programme @WithJohnHurt has been postponed for 24 hours. Now on @bbc5live Friday night at 9.

Thanks Dani. It's a shame it was postponed, but obviously the events from the Apollo theatre were more important tonight. It sounds like a lot of people had a lucky escape.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 ... 197 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »