Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray on Twitter & Facebook 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 ... 192 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray on Twitter & Facebook

(Read 150616 times)
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2265 on: December 21, 2013, 02:29 AM »

What did you guys make of Novak inviting Gerard Butler to sit with the Djokovic camp for the Wimbledon final? Friends or not Gerard isn't stupid. I'm not sure any high profile Brit would have been brave enough to sit in the Djokovic box against Andy. It would certainly have taken a very, very brave Scot.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2266 on: December 21, 2013, 07:42 AM »

loved the programme - brought it back just as well as a tv programme could have done.  When Butler said that I thought oh no don't say they've got a Nole fan on but he clearly was right behind our Andy, regardless of his friendship with Nole .  I'd read about the shoes but not that numerous pairs were thrown at him.  I trust Andy will have sorted out that orthotics problem for AO as I also read that was the cause of his blisters in the final this year.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2267 on: December 21, 2013, 11:17 AM »

Loved the programme too.  Had tears in my eyes and it is hard to make me cry.  These orthotics are very difficult to fit.  I had some a couple of years ago and fitted in one pair of trainers and not the other.  They kept riding up under my instep.  Hopefully he will have sorted them by now.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2268 on: December 21, 2013, 11:44 AM »

Here's the direct link for the iTunes download for those who find that easier.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/5lspecials-day-we-won-wimbledon/id449593128?i=220407712&mt=2
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2269 on: December 21, 2013, 12:15 PM »

Yes I went up to my room and put it on over the TV. It was great and I to go a bit weepy it was so full of emotion. The atmosphere was electric and everyone was involved I can honestly say that it is the first time everyone in the UK was behind Andy. The crowd were so excited and when he was serving for the match it was tense you could feel it in the air. When he won everyone (WE) were all involved and so happy and proud for Andy. I will never forget that day when Andy became the Wimbledon Champion.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2270 on: December 21, 2013, 02:58 PM »

What did you guys make of Novak inviting Gerard Butler to sit with the Djokovic camp for the Wimbledon final? Friends or not Gerard isn't stupid. I'm not sure any high profile Brit would have been brave enough to sit in the Djokovic box against Andy. It would certainly have taken a very, very brave Scot.

I couldn't understand Djokovic even asking to be honest. I mean, Gerard Butler is a friend, fair enough, but he's also a Brit, and a Scot to boot. I think fellow Scots might have given Gerard Butler a bad time if he'd sat in Djokovic's box. I might be mean-spirited, but I wonder if Djokovic, as well as simply inviting a friend, was trying to employ a little bit of a head-game for Andy.

Djokovic is supposed to be very patriotic, so you'd think he would get that even asking a Brit to sit in his box might not be the best idea. I was glad when Butler said he said he couldn't do it, but equally glad when he said he'd accepted the tickets for the royal box that Djokovic got him.

You know, the funny thing about the programme was that initially I laughed at the title, 'The Day We Won Wimbledon', but when you think how invested everyone seemed to be, even a lot of people who don't know their aces from their tennis elbows usually, it's actually not far off the mark! I know I, and I'm sure everyone here, played every point with Andy, especially in that last game. If I live to be 100 I'll never forget that day.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2271 on: December 21, 2013, 03:25 PM »

Yes Nole should have known better than to expect a Scot to sit in his box. I am glad Gerard Butler refused he would have had hell to pay if he did. Maybe as you said teejay he was trying to upset Andy though I don't think Andy would have noticed to be truthful still not a nice thing to do.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2272 on: December 21, 2013, 03:54 PM »

Yes Nole should have known better than to expect a Scot to sit in his box. I am glad Gerard Butler refused he would have had hell to pay if he did. Maybe as you said teejay he was trying to upset Andy though I don't think Andy would have noticed to be truthful still not a nice thing to do.
I think Nole knew exactly what he was doing ...always the player.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2273 on: December 21, 2013, 04:21 PM »

I think Nole knew exactly what he was doing ...always the player.

yes sneaky fucker if you ask me.....imagine asking a famous Scotsman to his box on that day!!!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2274 on: December 21, 2013, 04:24 PM »

. If I live to be 100 I'll never forget that day.

Me neither
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2275 on: December 21, 2013, 04:33 PM »

of course Nole would have know what he was doing - sort of thing one might expect from the smug one
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2276 on: December 21, 2013, 04:34 PM »

I've just finished listening to the programme - just brilliant. John Hurt was the perfect narrator and I loved listening to all the different snippets from the commentary, Andy, Judy and fans. Smile
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2277 on: December 21, 2013, 11:24 PM »

I couldn't understand Djokovic even asking to be honest. I mean, Gerard Butler is a friend, fair enough, but he's also a Brit, and a Scot to boot. I think fellow Scots might have given Gerard Butler a bad time if he'd sat in Djokovic's box. I might be mean-spirited, but I wonder if Djokovic, as well as simply inviting a friend, was trying to employ a little bit of a head-game for Andy.

Djokovic is supposed to be very patriotic, so you'd think he would get that even asking a Brit to sit in his box might not be the best idea. I was glad when Butler said he said he couldn't do it, but equally glad when he said he'd accepted the tickets for the royal box that Djokovic got him.

You know, the funny thing about the programme was that initially I laughed at the title, 'The Day We Won Wimbledon', but when you think how invested everyone seemed to be, even a lot of people who don't know their aces from their tennis elbows usually, it's actually not far off the mark! I know I, and I'm sure everyone here, played every point with Andy, especially in that last game. If I live to be 100 I'll never forget that day.

I think you're spot on. Of all the friends Novak has (and I do wonder just how close he and Gerard are) he invites him specifically to sit in his box. Perhaps Connery and Ferguson were busy. Wink The ironic thing is I don't think Andy would have been remotely bothered. As I said Butler knows just how bad that would have looked.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2278 on: December 22, 2013, 09:27 AM »

I doubt they are close at all, and it's more a case that he's a tennis fan and he's been at some of the same functions and they've had a chat.  Perhaps Gerard has gone to one or two of the functions Novak has organised for his foundation, but so has Jonathan Ross, and we know he's simply a huge tennis fan - one who really wanted Andy to win Wimbledon.

I'm not sure how many of you know, but Gerard's family live in Comrie, which is just a half hour drive from Dunblane.  My Auntie lives in that neck of the woods and it's a small community.  As well as vaguely knowing Judy, she vaguely knows Gerard's mum - and Ewan McGregor's mum!  They are all friends of friends around there.  Things could have got very awkward. lol
[ Last edit by *Sparkle* December 22, 2013, 09:41 AM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2279 on: December 22, 2013, 09:43 AM »

Not Andy but Judy just posted this on her Facebook

"Sitting beside my younger son on a flight! Haven't seen him for 5 weeks and 2 minutes in he says....where's the earplugs!" Charming.  lol

Wonder where they are going/coming from  Think thought andy wasn't leaving Miami till xmas day  confused
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 ... 192 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »