Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray on Twitter & Facebook 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 188 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray on Twitter & Facebook

(Read 143367 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Tweets « Reply #975 on: August 03, 2011, 03:44 PM »

Today at about 8:15 pm

"Robert Kendrick should not be banned, he failed a test for taking a sleeping pill!  Can't see how that is performance enhancing!  Free Kendo."

And this is the story Andy's referring to -

http://www.10sballs.com/2011/07/31/robert-kendrick-will-appeal-doping-ban-and-release-statement/

Quite a strong protest, given Andy's known stance on drugs in sport.
Well I don't know the ins and outs of it, but if it really was a sleeping pill then good for Andy for sticking up for him so publically.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Tweets « Reply #976 on: August 03, 2011, 10:13 PM »

Well I don't know the ins and outs of it, but if it really was a sleeping pill then good for Andy for sticking up for him so publically.
Kendrick broke two rules - (1) that players are totally responsible for what they put into their bodies so therefore the onus is on them to check the ingredients of any medication they take and make sure that  none of them are on the banned list, regardless as to whether they're performance-enhancing or not (and not all the banned substances are performance-enhancing); and (2) Kendrick failed to tell the tournament authorities that he had taken this medication, something players are obliged to do.

Unfortunately lower-ranked players like Kendrick are more likely to fall into this trap, unlike the top players who have their teams to keep them right, which, in Andy's case, is probably just as well since it would seem that full knowledge of the rules has escaped him.

I know it sounds very harsh, but that's the way things are these days with the anti-doping bodies, and that stance has, in the past, been applauded by Andy, which is why I'm surprised at his naivety here.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray's Tweets « Reply #977 on: August 04, 2011, 06:20 AM »

I agree with you absolutely Aileen, though I do think a whole year's ban was very harsh under the circumstances! A shorter 'sentence' would have been more appropriate I feel! Perhaps they're making an example of him!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Tweets « Reply #978 on: August 04, 2011, 01:08 PM »

I agree with you absolutely Aileen, though I do think a whole year's ban was very harsh under the circumstances! A shorter 'sentence' would have been more appropriate I feel! Perhaps they're making an example of him!
He still has an appeal, so, given his age (31) I really do hope he gets a shorter ban, but ..... Shrug  And the ITF were never happy about the WDA's decision on the over-amorous Richard Gasquet - something which was so bizarre it just had to be true!  Could only happen to a Frenchman! Very Happy
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray's Tweets « Reply #979 on: August 04, 2011, 07:03 PM »

Kendrick broke two rules - (1) that players are totally responsible for what they put into their bodies so therefore the onus is on them to check the ingredients of any medication they take and make sure that  none of them are on the banned list, regardless as to whether they're performance-enhancing or not (and not all the banned substances are performance-enhancing); and (2) Kendrick failed to tell the tournament authorities that he had taken this medication, something players are obliged to do.

Unfortunately lower-ranked players like Kendrick are more likely to fall into this trap, unlike the top players who have their teams to keep them right, which, in Andy's case, is probably just as well since it would seem that full knowledge of the rules has escaped him.

I know it sounds very harsh, but that's the way things are these days with the anti-doping bodies, and that stance has, in the past, been applauded by Andy, which is why I'm surprised at his naivety here.
Fair enough and you're right that Kendrick should have known better.  But it does raise questions as to how fair the rules are and while I know Andy has been clear about the importance of such rules has he said the actual rules are right as they stand?  And I know he, like others, has been critical of the way the drug testers can take over their lives. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Tweets « Reply #980 on: August 06, 2011, 12:57 AM »

Fair enough and you're right that Kendrick should have known better.  But it does raise questions as to how fair the rules are and while I know Andy has been clear about the importance of such rules has he said the actual rules are right as they stand?  And I know he, like others, has been critical of the way the drug testers can take over their lives.  
I'm not aware of him making any comment about the rules as they stand, just his complaints about the way drug testers go about their business.  I wouldn't like to be woken at 4 am either to give a urine sample, as Andy was during Wimbledon - and it was his day off too!

However, all sports people are in the same boat.  It isn't only tennis players who have to put up with the inconvenience of having to let the authorities know where they're going to be at a certain time so's they can be tested - something which I see as a gross intrusion into one's personal privacy.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray on Twitter « Reply #981 on: April 18, 2012, 05:55 PM »

Andy has just tweeted! fainting
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray on Twitter « Reply #982 on: April 18, 2012, 06:10 PM »

After a seven month hiatus!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray on Twitter « Reply #983 on: April 18, 2012, 06:13 PM »

After a seven month hiatus!
He must have been waiting for the cheap rate.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Murray on Twitter « Reply #984 on: April 18, 2012, 06:20 PM »

I've just seen his tweet, nice to see him back! If it is him that is, hope he hasn't been hacked...
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray on Twitter « Reply #985 on: April 18, 2012, 06:43 PM »

What did he say then?
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray on Twitter « Reply #986 on: April 18, 2012, 07:06 PM »

What did he say then?

''On centre against Benneteau tomorrow. Should win, he isnt very gd'.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray on Twitter « Reply #987 on: April 18, 2012, 07:14 PM »

he said a football tweet actually Very Happy Chelsea vs barca got goalfest written all over it, looking forward to some tasty challenges in first 15.... Treat yourself   Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray on Twitter « Reply #988 on: April 18, 2012, 07:14 PM »

''On centre against Benneteau tomorrow. Should win, he isnt very gd'.
Sounds like he's been hacked - unless it's getting his own back for Bennetau's remarks about him but even then don't think he'd be so crass as to say that - at least I hope not!
Oh I see this was a late April fool  doh
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray on Twitter « Reply #989 on: April 19, 2012, 07:03 AM »

Sir Panda, but wouldn't it be g8 if sometimes they said stuff like that?
Didn't get his "goalfest" though, perhaps Messi wasn't playing Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 188 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »