Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray on Twitter & Facebook 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 187 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray on Twitter & Facebook

(Read 136680 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1065 on: August 24, 2012, 05:49 PM »

I never got that far down  Whistle I recognized Andy's hand!! I would know that hand anywhere!
Ye same here. Think the adidas armband gave it away. Then saw the slogan on the t-shirt (can just about make out "sweat is weakness leaving the body" which confirmed it anyway.

I never even knew about the birthmark. I think I've heard it referenced a couple of times but never paid any attention.

Monaco looks completely unrecognisable with the short hair. Looks a lot cooler though. His coach/trainer looks like Fernando Alonso (F1 driver).

Also saw some mention of Andy and Monaco being friends at Roland Garros I think it was. It was what prompted to me to start the thread about Andy's friends on the tour, as there a few that aren't all that well known (Ferrer is another one that Andy often trains with, as well as Stan Wawrinka and Jarkko Nieminen).
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1066 on: August 27, 2012, 05:36 PM »

Not sure where best to put this.

Have noticed Rhyne Williams a few months back, and watched his match against Jamie Baker a month or so ago with interest (Jamie won in 3). He's a fairly young American player with lots of talent but a bit too emotional (must have smashed three racquets in that match alone). If he can get grips on his emotions and control himself he could be a decent player in future.

Anyway, Williams qualified for the USO on Friday and I noticed a quick Q&A with him on the ATP site. Was just having a glance when I noticed this:

Quote from: 'Rhyne Williams'
Funniest Players Encountered: “Marinko Matosevic – pretty goofy guy. I think Andy Murray is a great guy and funny guy as well. Dry humour [smiles]."

Interesting, given the perception of Murray from the wider, non-tennis population. Interesting that someone like this guy who know - has he met Andy personally or is this based on interviews and the such? (Rhetorical question, just thinking aloud).
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1067 on: September 08, 2012, 07:41 PM »

Has Andy stopped tweeting or am I missing something:
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1068 on: September 08, 2012, 07:43 PM »

Has Andy stopped tweeting or am I missing something:
Tweeting makes him a twit - so I hope he has stopped.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1069 on: September 08, 2012, 08:48 PM »

Tweeting makes him a twit - so I hope he has stopped.

Thats a way to reply. At least he is updating his facebook now.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1070 on: September 08, 2012, 10:04 PM »

I think I heard/read somewhere that he doesn't really use twitter anymore.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1071 on: September 08, 2012, 10:07 PM »

Yeah hasnt tweeted in months now. Im still regularly checking it though Very Happy
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1072 on: September 08, 2012, 10:22 PM »

Elly was perhaps a little harsh but I agree with the point she's making - Twitter didn't do Murray's image any favours.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1073 on: September 08, 2012, 10:24 PM »

The shitty part about being a tennis player is you have to be 'on the job' 24/7 apparently.

**** 'image'. Let him have his life off the court.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1074 on: September 08, 2012, 10:31 PM »

I have noted previously that for some reason his game improves when he is in Twitter blackout mode.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1075 on: September 12, 2012, 11:42 AM »

What is the reason behind that???
Maybe Ivan Lendl...
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1076 on: September 12, 2012, 11:49 AM »

What is the reason behind that???
Maybe Ivan Lendl...
I think he just doesn't really like it, pretty sure he said Lendl had nothing to do with it.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1077 on: September 12, 2012, 11:54 AM »

He stopped using Twitter before Lendl arrived, I think Rory McIlroy suggested that he stop until he'd won a Slam. Not sure why, perhaps it's just a way of pressure being more directly heaped on him so best to avoid it.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1078 on: September 13, 2012, 12:03 AM »

Andy has more things on his mind than trying to be funny on Twitter - he's a tennis player, glad he stopped using it even though I would love if he Tweeted every waking minute.

Just wondering though, who posts on his official Facebook then? It's always in first person and personal photos.

E.g. Morning Smile just finished on set at CBS, headed to Today show. Very busy day ahead, but I want to thank all of you for your support and belief in me. Didn't sleep very much last night!
IP Logged
Eddster
Satellite Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1079 on: September 13, 2012, 12:16 AM »

I think that Rob Smith guy who used to do videos for andy on his site does it. also some of the photo's get tagged with Dave Smith....  facebook pseudonym for Andy lol?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 187 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »