Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray on Twitter & Facebook 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 ... 192 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray on Twitter & Facebook

(Read 150485 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1185 on: February 02, 2013, 07:12 PM »

I've seen it a little bit. I watched some during the Wimbledon coverage last year, and I've seen some live as well. I just think it's funny that as a disabled person I've seen the able-bodied game more.

The way they move is remarkable, I agree. I know I couldn't do it. Even pushing a wheelchair isn't easy, so to move round the court like that and put yourself in position to play a shot, I don't know how they do it.
TJ I am extremely thankful that I've never had to sit in a wheelchair, not even for a short period of time, so I've no idea what it must be like.  True, these players have specially designed chairs, and some of them have to use electrically powered ones, but it still must require a lot of skill to be able to move them round the court.  Also I was incorrect when I said that the only difference in the rules was that ball was allowed to bounce twice.  I now know that the second bounce is allowed to be outside the court.

I found this article very interesting, and you might too - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/paralympic-sport/8716298/London-2012-Paralympics-wheelchair-tennis-guide.html
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1186 on: March 31, 2013, 08:39 PM »

Andys description on his twitter account saying I play tennis always puts a smile on my face
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1187 on: March 31, 2013, 09:00 PM »

Andys description on his twitter account saying I play tennis always puts a smile on my face
Mine too.  He's such a modest person.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1188 on: April 01, 2013, 12:01 AM »

Mine too.  He's such a modest person.

Sounds like a normal person listing one of his hobbies...
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1189 on: April 01, 2013, 02:40 AM »

Sounds like a normal person listing one of his hobbies...
Indeed.  He could easily have said "I'm a professional tennis player".
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1190 on: April 02, 2013, 09:38 PM »

Andy posted a few recent pics (Times magazine) on FB today. Nice to read al the enthousiastic posts (and nice to see the difference with posts on MW; on Facebook they are really short:  ooooh, andy/ speechless/hot/lucky kim/you rock/ etc, nice to scroll, lots of fans there too....

IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1191 on: April 02, 2013, 10:16 PM »

Andy posted a few recent pics (Times magazine) on FB today. Nice to read al the enthousiastic posts (and nice to see the difference with posts on MW; on Facebook they are really short:  ooooh, andy/ speechless/hot/lucky kim/you rock/ etc, nice to scroll, lots of fans there too....

Yeah flowerpower I also am on Andy's Facebook although I still find MW is first with any info on Andy, them pics that were posted earlier FB were posted I think by scotnadian or dani 24 hours earlier on here Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1192 on: April 02, 2013, 11:15 PM »

Yeah flowerpower I also am on Andy's Facebook although I still find MW is first with any info on Andy, them pics that were posted earlier FB were posted I think by scotnadian or dani 24 hours earlier on here Smile

Shout-out to Iloveandymurray twitter .. a great account and usually always ahead of the game. That's where I get most of the stuff I post from.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1193 on: April 03, 2013, 04:15 PM »

I like all the sources of news Including the search options in twitter and google, I only post here. For selfish reasons I like AM on FB, not being British a lot of posts on MW are too long for me, because of the language (learn a lot, I didn't know f.e. what ""Dutch courage"" is, until Angie (?!) wrote about this...Smile ) And I like the separation between posts en reactions. Nice to see there are so many more fans of Andy (almost 1.000.000 likes...) on the different communities!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1194 on: April 03, 2013, 07:44 PM »

I like all the sources of news Including the search options in twitter and google, I only post here. For selfish reasons I like AM on FB, not being British a lot of posts on MW are too long for me, because of the language (learn a lot, I didn't know f.e. what ""Dutch courage"" is, until Angie (?!) wrote about this...Smile ) And I like the separation between posts en reactions. Nice to see there are so many more fans of Andy (almost 1.000.000 likes...) on the different communities!
Some of the posts on MW are too long for us native English speakers, flowerpower Whistle  I'm glad though that being on MW is helping you because your English is good anyway.

Have you found this website?  It started only a few months ago and it's very good for getting links to up-to-date news about Andy - http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Tennis/Andy+Murray - and a lot of news articles are divided into small paragraphs which makes reading them a lot easier.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1195 on: April 24, 2013, 09:13 AM »

Andy's been tweeting again!

"If it wasn't official before it is now... @wimbledon is officially the biggest and tennis tournament bar none.

Always looking out for the best interests of our sport.... future plans for the club look incredible...

As has always been the case @wimbledon continue to lead our sport in the right direction... right from the front... #proudmember"
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1196 on: April 24, 2013, 02:19 PM »

The LTA certainly have very impressive plans, but can they help produce more future top British tennis players?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1197 on: April 24, 2013, 08:16 PM »

Andy's been tweeting again!

"If it wasn't official before it is now... @wimbledon is officially the biggest and tennis tournament bar none.
And Boodles responded with this:

The Boodles‏@TheBoodles   
@andy_murray @wimbledon just to be clear Andy, we're the 2nd best, right? ;-)

Here's the plans for Wimbledon he's responding to:

IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1198 on: April 24, 2013, 08:58 PM »

That was fantastic viewing!! Really interesting Thanks ever so much Linda. Can't wait to visit one day.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1199 on: April 24, 2013, 09:15 PM »

That was fantastic viewing!! Really interesting Thanks ever so much Linda. Can't wait to visit one day.

It's amazing. Seriously.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 ... 192 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »