Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray on Twitter & Facebook 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 ... 197 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray on Twitter & Facebook

(Read 156579 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1470 on: June 27, 2013, 12:09 AM »

Andy Murray ‏@andy_murray
Strange day at wimbledon...A lot of withdrawals, injuries and upsets, not sure why exactly but that's sport and exactly why we "lace em up"

That's well put. I'd have been sorely tempted to do a quick chorus if 'You're not winning any more', but I'm mean lol.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1471 on: June 27, 2013, 12:18 AM »

If anyone has seen my reply to that Fedtards reply please retweet it.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1472 on: June 27, 2013, 12:24 AM »

Fedtards are trying to annoy Andy, so I bring out the good uns. Let's go!
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1473 on: June 27, 2013, 12:50 AM »

Some of my tweets to the mourning ones of a God:

@AliHussain51012 I know how you Fedtards think. You have pictures of Federer on your walls at the Nativity and the crucifixion on your walls

@AliHussain51012 Don't forget the last supper with the people he beat in the lucky Slam finals.

@AliHussain51012 How sincere of you. But you should be sobbing at your God's defeat, so I will leave you to it.

@grass_courts GOAThovsky lived up to his name, ta tar Federer as the Brits would say.

@laurenobern @RogerMasha @andy_murray Or 'hahahahaha adios Roger, watch your fans cry uncontrollably'. Either would make me happy. #justice

IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1474 on: June 27, 2013, 02:51 AM »

@AlexArthur1 congrats on the retirement big man! Enjoy it.. Fantastic career!

@andy_murray Haha! Get to bed you have a competition to win!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1475 on: June 27, 2013, 08:21 AM »

Andy Murray:@mo_farah hope you enjoyed the tennis today! #legend #mobot #greatengine

Mo Farah: @andy_murray I really enjoyed it bro....!! What a amazing day..!!! Well done big man...!! #shabba
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1476 on: June 27, 2013, 11:24 PM »

Andy this evening: There's a bit of me that misses there being no roof @wimbledon still looks and sounds weird watching grass court tennis indoors

....then some football tweets about Spain v Italy including:

That was some penalty shoot out loved it... Mock the week now!
Gary Lineker: Like a top quality tiebreak!
Andy: @garylineker I wish I could play tiebreaks as cool as some of those footballers took the penalties... Talent
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1477 on: June 28, 2013, 12:05 AM »

Andy this evening: There's a bit of me that misses there being no roof @wimbledon still looks and sounds weird watching grass court tennis indoors

....then some football tweets about Spain v Italy including:

That was some penalty shoot out loved it... Mock the week now!
Gary Lineker: Like a top quality tiebreak!
Andy: @garylineker I wish I could play tiebreaks as cool as some of those footballers took the penalties... Talent
I agree about the roof - it doesn't look or sound right, but I'd rather have that than delayed or on-off matches and possibly slippery grass.

Interesting to read the footie tweets.  I inadvertently caught the tail-end of extra time of this match and the commentators mentioned Andy and his match tomorrow.  Not sure what the connection was other than it's well known that Andy is footie mad and so was bound to be watching.

I'm not into footie myself but I feel penalty shoot-outs should be abolished.  It's a team sport, after all, so why should the ultimate outcome depend on individual performances?  My heart always goes out to the player who misses that one vital goal and so costs his team the match or, worse, a coveted trophy.  I can only imagine how they must feel.  At least in tie-breakers it's each player for him/herself.

[ Last edit by Aileen June 28, 2013, 12:13 AM ] IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1478 on: June 28, 2013, 12:18 AM »

I agree about the roof - it doesn't look or sound right, but I'd rather have that than delayed or on-off matches and possibly slippery grass.

Interesting to read the footie tweets.  I inadvertently caught the tail-end of extra time of this match and the commentators mentioned Andy and his match tomorrow.  Not sure what the connection was other than it's well known that Andy is footie mad and so was bound to be watching.

I'm not into footie myself but I feel penalty shoot-outs should be abolished.  It's a team sport, after all, so why should the ultimate outcome depend on individual performances?  My heart always goes out to the player who misses that one vital goal and so costs his team the match or, worse, a coveted trophy.  I can only imagine how they must feel.  At least in tie-breakers it's each player for him/herself.

You want them abolished because England has a **** penalty record. We can't win when it go to penalties.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1479 on: June 28, 2013, 12:22 AM »

What other way would you settle a football match?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1480 on: June 28, 2013, 12:22 AM »

You want them abolished because England has a **** penalty record. We can't win when it go to penalties.
I'm not in the least bothered by England's footie woes. lol  At least they tend to achieve a little more than Scotland ever does!

What other way would you settle a football match?
Why not do what they did before shoot-outs came into being and have a replay?  Or is that asking too much in today's seemingly packed footie calendar?
[ Last edit by Aileen June 28, 2013, 12:33 AM ] IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1481 on: June 28, 2013, 12:39 AM »

Why not do what they did before shoot-outs came into being and have a replay?  Or is that asking too much in today's seemingly packed footie calendar?
Yeah maybe, they might be worried about it messing up the schedule. What if the whole team had to take a penalty instead? : p
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1482 on: June 28, 2013, 12:50 AM »

Yeah maybe, they might be worried about it messing up the schedule. What if the whole team had to take a penalty instead? : p
lol  Interesting thought - but I still can't believe there isn't another way round the problem, like taking into account the number of fouls committed by each team during the match (the ones the ref actually sees, that is).
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1483 on: June 28, 2013, 12:52 AM »

lol  Interesting thought - but I still can't believe there isn't another way round the problem, like taking into account the number of fouls committed by each team during the match (the ones the ref actually sees, that is).

Howard Webb is the man for that job, he never misses a beat.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1484 on: June 28, 2013, 12:59 AM »

If you have Twitter, troll this Fed mug @ValentinaLemuz.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 ... 197 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »