Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray on Twitter & Facebook 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 ... 197 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray on Twitter & Facebook

(Read 155715 times)
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1515 on: July 02, 2013, 07:55 PM »

True.  Getting worked up about Scottish/British is beyond tedious these days, but calling someone English, or Scottish, when the reverse is true is stupid.  Expecting them to get that right is no different to expecting them to get his name right, and shouldn't be controversial.

Good posting!

I completely agree!
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1516 on: July 02, 2013, 08:12 PM »

How about British at least you can't go wrong there.  Whistle

Yes you can.    Lots of people think British means English.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1517 on: July 02, 2013, 09:00 PM »

On Andy's facebook

Nice touch to be nominated for 2 @ESPYS! Vote for Best Moment: http://t.co/jk0hSIYcYT and Best Male Tennis Player: http://t.co/kVTS4UU0r3

Warning - if you vote for best moment, it does say "Englishman Andy Murray...." Oops

Facebook numbers climbing really fast - reached 1 million a couple of weeks ago, now nearly 1,212,000. That's up 60,000 from yesterday morning!
These polls are so laughable that it wouldn't surprise me if Federer gets 'best tennis player'.

It's a stupid poll (the best tennis player one) anyway, the rankings tell the story.

Voted for the Best Moment, although surprised they chose Olympics over USO given it's an American poll.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1518 on: July 02, 2013, 09:21 PM »

Andy Murray ‏@andy_murray
2nd on tomorrow vs verdasco.Thanks for all the messages will give it 100 percent... #makesomenoise
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1519 on: July 02, 2013, 09:26 PM »

It couldn't be more obvious that he wants more from the Wimbledon fans. I think the Olympics had made him realise just how a great a fully vocal, partisan support can be.

It can't be under-estimated just how much a fully partisan crowd can make a difference. You only have to look as far some of the Davis Cup results and performances at Queens and Wimbledon from the likes of Evans and Ward (who struggle to reproduce that form anywhere else) just to see.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1520 on: July 02, 2013, 09:28 PM »

It couldn't be more obvious that he wants more from the Wimbledon fans. I think the Olympics had made him realise just how a great a fully vocal, partisan support can be.

Yup totally agree. He has said it in pretty much every interview. I think that should he get to the final, noise will not be a problem but until then - maybe so.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1521 on: July 02, 2013, 10:46 PM »

I was born in England, i would support Murray if i was a different nationality, i would support him if he was a different nationality, there's something about the guy that is so genuine and down to earth, the polar opposite of someone like Federer whose personality i detest.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1522 on: July 02, 2013, 11:16 PM »

^^Well said Gnome
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1523 on: July 02, 2013, 11:18 PM »

I would support Muzza even if Scotland becomes independent.

I also support a Pole, a Serb and an Argentine.

Nationality does not matter to me. I support them all because I like their personalities and their games.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1524 on: July 02, 2013, 11:20 PM »

Nationality does not matter to me. I support them all because I like their personalities and their games.

If only all were sensible young people like your good self
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1525 on: July 02, 2013, 11:23 PM »

I blame the education systems.

I was a big fan of Borg and McEnroe yes
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1526 on: July 03, 2013, 12:09 AM »

Those people are ignorant.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1527 on: July 03, 2013, 12:10 AM »

True.  Getting worked up about Scottish/British is beyond tedious these days, but calling someone English, or Scottish, when the reverse is true is stupid.  Expecting them to get that right is no different to expecting them to get his name right, and shouldn't be controversial.

Good posting!

There is absolutely no reason for anyone to get worked up about Andy being called Scottish or British as he is both.  I remember 2 years ago at the French Open they referred to him as English. There is no excuse for that error. 

I used to be on the tennis.com forum and you have no idea how many times I had to explain the difference between Scottish/English/British. What is Great Britain? What is the United Kingdom? Not sure why but some posters did seem flummoxed. A few of them did think that Britain means England. Sad but true.
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1528 on: July 03, 2013, 12:19 AM »

Good posting!

It started off about nationality with me for Andy but it's since gone way beyond it as I've learned more about his off court persona and seen him achieve so much on court. I liked Tim too but I can't say it went any deeper than the fact he was British and I felt a bit sorry for him at Wimbledon!

The first men's player I remember watching was Agassi (had a crush on him in his long-haired days!) and I remember cheering on Jana Novotna in her Wimbledon finals as a young girl!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #1529 on: July 03, 2013, 02:18 AM »

Andy Murray ‏@andy_murray
2nd on tomorrow vs verdasco.Thanks for all the messages will give it 100 percent... #makesomenoise

I'm not on twitter, but I'm sure those of you out there that are will re-tweet.

I'm thinking of emailing Chris Evans Breakfast show.  He's been playing tennis music since Wimbledon started and has spoken with a few tennis stars there, so I think that Britain's favourite breakfast show should put it out there that Andy wants some noise yes  Edit: I've just emailed them! [email protected]  My subject was Andy Murray needs our help!  Pass it on!!!!! clapping

Can I just add that it probably doesn't help when you're 2nd on court and there's just been a good match before hand, as most spectators will want a toilet break, refreshments or a quick bite to eat afterwards, and unless you can cork it for Britain, have snacks and drinks to hand, you're going to miss the start!  doh  
[ Last edit by Bevc July 03, 2013, 02:34 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 ... 197 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »