Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray on Twitter & Facebook 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 ... 192 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray on Twitter & Facebook

(Read 150031 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2115 on: November 10, 2013, 08:52 AM »

fp it was reported that he hit for first time this week and the good news was that he was hitting the ball hard.  That suggests he's not too anxious as I thought he might be quite tentative to start with.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2116 on: November 10, 2013, 11:19 PM »

fp it was reported that he hit for first time this week and the good news was that he was hitting the ball hard.  That suggests he's not too anxious as I thought he might be quite tentative to start with.
Thanks Ruthie.  That does sound very hopeful.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2117 on: November 10, 2013, 11:53 PM »

Andy has gained a huge number of followers on facebook in the last few days - over 50,000 since yesterday, and should reach 2 million by midnight.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2118 on: November 10, 2013, 11:56 PM »

Wow!!  That's great news. Smile
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2119 on: November 11, 2013, 12:02 AM »

Wow!!  That's great news. Smile

2,000,100+ already!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2120 on: November 11, 2013, 12:32 AM »

I'd be interested to know how many Fed followers he's inherited!
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2121 on: November 11, 2013, 01:18 AM »

Its about time .people give him what he deserves.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2122 on: November 11, 2013, 09:30 AM »

I think it definitely helps his numbers when he's active, and people are given reason to visit.

If you look at this page, it shows the trend in new likes over time, and also the mentions.  The new likes follows the number of mentions very distinctively over the last few days.  I wonder if it's Rafa fans enjoying his hair banter? lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2123 on: November 11, 2013, 07:35 PM »

I think it definitely helps his numbers when he's active, and people are given reason to visit.

If you look at this page, it shows the trend in new likes over time, and also the mentions.  The new likes follows the number of mentions very distinctively over the last few days.  I wonder if it's Rafa fans enjoying his hair banter? lol
I found that really funny and liked the one who said that it wouldn't be Rafa because he's Spanish, although I can't find any evidence to support this!  In fact it seems that Greek men have the highest rate of baldness.

Tweet - "Read and respect the rules and everything is very simple."  Now who could Andy be referring to?  Think  Whistle

I've no doubt that Andy's enforced break from tennis has done a lot to increase his number of followers (2,239,393 atm, which is 145 more than it was 20 minutes ago) because he's been quite high profile over the last few days and his tweets have certainly been prolific and varied.  If you look at Djoko's website he interacts with his fans all the time on there as well as on Twitter where he has just under 2,500,000 followers.  I'd like to think Andy will keep his tweets going but I expect that once he becomes immersed in training that could probably stop.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2124 on: November 11, 2013, 08:19 PM »

Andy has been very smart in keeping his face in the public view even though he is not playing tennis.  Being on Twitter, Facebook and having a lot of interviews is letting people see Andy in a different light than tennis.

BTW Andy is asking people to give to Unicef for relief to those in the Philippines, great charitable and caring person he is.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2125 on: November 11, 2013, 08:33 PM »

Apollo, I think most of us thought we had seen it all as far as natural disasters go, but this one truly is beyond comprehension.  It certainly puts winning or losing tennis tournaments into perspective.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2126 on: November 11, 2013, 08:50 PM »

^^ I agree Aileen. Awful. We do have a MW member in the Philippines don't we? I hope she has stayed safe.

My stepmother lives there - I haven't heard from her directly, but apparently she is OK

There are quite a few messages of thanks to Andy on facebook from Filipino fans
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2127 on: November 11, 2013, 10:19 PM »

BTW Andy is asking people to give to Unicef for relief to those in the Philippines, great charitable and caring person he is.

We gave today by text from Canada.
The worst hurricane in recorded history.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2128 on: November 12, 2013, 12:26 AM »

Will do right now, but I fear it could take billions to get that country back to rights.

This is the list of International aid, both monetary and practical, given so far, although the list isn't comprehensive - and I can't believe the puny £125,000 donated by China!

Australia: Aus$10m ($9.4m; £5.8m), including medical personnel
China: $200,000 (£125,000)
European Commission: 3m euros (£2.5m; $4m)
Indonesia: Aircraft, personnel, drinking water, food, generators, medicine
Japan: 25 emergency medical personnel
New Zealand: NZ$2.15m (£1.1m)
Taiwan: $200,000
UK: £6m ($9.6m) non-food aid package
UN World Food Programme: an initial $2m
US: 90 marines and sailors; emergency food, water, shelter and hygiene materials
Vietnam: $100,000

EDIT: Since this list was published, Britain has upped its aid to £10m, and also a RN Destroyer has been sent to offer practical support.

^^ I agree Aileen. Awful. We do have a MW member in the Philippines don't we? I hope she has stayed safe.

My stepmother lives there - I haven't heard from her directly, but apparently she is OK

There are quite a few messages of thanks to Andy on facebook from Filipino fans
I'm glad your step-mother is OK but having to cope with the aftermath must be extremely traumatic.

MW does have a member in the Philippines but I can't remember her name, although I don't think she's posted on the forum for ages.

[ Last edit by Aileen November 12, 2013, 02:04 AM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray on Twitter & Facebook « Reply #2129 on: November 12, 2013, 01:17 AM »

Btw - for those who wish to donate to UNICEF, this is the website to go to - http://www.unicef.org.uk/landing-pages/Philippines-Childrens-Emergency/
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 ... 192 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »