Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Andy vs Florian - who will win?
Andy in 2
Andy in 3
Florian in 2
Florian in 3

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid

(Read 6774 times)
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #330 on: May 07, 2013, 07:00 PM »

In Murray's interview he mentioned his he had been ill in Monte Carlo. I knew he wasn't right in that Warwrinka match. Losing was quite one thing on clay, but losing so dramatically isn't his style.

He was ill? so all those people (bignose) who said that people were making excuses for him and that he simply got outplayed were incorrect? *feigns surprise*
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #331 on: May 07, 2013, 07:00 PM »

No Simon match thread yet? What's going on here.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #332 on: May 07, 2013, 07:03 PM »

No Simon match thread yet? What's going on here.

MW has collapsed. I have retired from match threader.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #333 on: May 07, 2013, 07:04 PM »

He was ill? so all those people (bignose) who said that people were making excuses for him and that he simply got outplayed were incorrect? *feigns surprise*
no Please see my prior post.
Andy blamed over-training. Remember, he stayed behind after losing and worked like crazy.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #334 on: May 07, 2013, 07:07 PM »

I think this one will do Andy good in the long run. He played well for the most part, moved well too, although I was a bit concerned about his back there for a while (could have smacked Petch for the possum comment, has he never heard of Djokovic!), but I hope that is mostly down to the difference between play and practice. I wouldn't have worried if, after Andy pulled up a bit on it the first time, he hadn't seemed to be hitting the ball slightly less hard than at the beginning. Like I said though, I hope it's just the difference between play and practice. It looked like it. Andy seemed bright and positive enough at the end, so that's good enough for me. I loved the little dig at Petch lol.

I think the difference between today and the Wawrinka match at MC was vast. Today Andy looked up for it, looked prepared to have a go at Mayer (with his play I mean lol) and didn't look like he was coming off that court without the win. Frankly, he didn't look like that against Stan. I never mind when Andy mutters to himself a bit, which he did today. As long as he doesn't get down on himself it makes him look keen, which he clearly was. Truth be told, after that first set tie-break I knew Andy had got it. Credit to Mayer for the start of the second, but I just sensed Andy would find a way and he did. I think Andy showed his character by picking up his play when he needed to, like the champion he is.

400th match win clap clap clap clap clap clap. Hopefully Thursday will bring his 401st.

Well done our lad clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #335 on: May 07, 2013, 07:09 PM »

no Please see my prior post.
Andy blamed over-training. Remember, he stayed behind after losing and worked like crazy.

I didn't see your post sorry, must have posted at the same time Smile

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #336 on: May 07, 2013, 07:09 PM »

Andy said he became ill after MC, he'd done a bit too much in practice. Either way, no one needs to make excuses for how Andy went out of MC. Andy just had a bad day when nothing worked, but it's done and dusted with now. Onwards and upwards.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #337 on: May 07, 2013, 07:15 PM »

He said it was after all the training he did. Nothing to do with the match.

Fair point - I still think there was something brewing.

Apologies to the Canadians - but Raonic has just been knocked out. Makes me happy simply because I do find him arrogant.  A few losses are goid fir his soul. Tonics father has also been charged. A Murray win as well. All in all a good day.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #338 on: May 07, 2013, 07:17 PM »

Andy said he became ill after MC, he'd done a bit too much in practice. Either way, no one needs to make excuses for how Andy went out of MC. Andy just had a bad day when nothing worked, but it's done and dusted with now. Onwards and upwards.

I believe people are allowed to make up excuses if it helps them come to terms with Andy losing so harshly Smile not one of us knows the truth
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #339 on: May 07, 2013, 07:21 PM »

I believe people are allowed to make up excuses if it helps them come to terms with Andy losing so harshly Smile not one of us knows the truth

I'm sure everyone has a coping mechanism, mine is to throw irrational insults, often of the colourful variety, at Andy's opponents lol.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #340 on: May 07, 2013, 07:24 PM »

Mine is all about the facts. Smile
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #341 on: May 07, 2013, 07:25 PM »

I agree that folks (like me), can make up excuses if it helps us, but I genuinely think he was not 100% in that Warwrinka match. The manner of his loss just wasn't like him. Today he went out there with the intention of wining of he could. I think he believed he would come off the court the victor, where he didn't seem to believe it in Monte Carlo.  I can accept a bad day at office. If he had lost the match today on the tie breaks, it would have been because Mayer played so well. Murray didn't give anything away and fought for every point.

As you say, none of us know. Probably I am just soft.
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #342 on: May 07, 2013, 07:29 PM »

Thurs Very Happy
thank you
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #343 on: May 07, 2013, 07:34 PM »

Yay Andy 400th win way to go,  yay yay clap clap not good for my health watching though!!!  no
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #344 on: May 07, 2013, 07:35 PM »

Thought Andy played well to overcome a very difficult player. This will set him up for his next match against GS who is has a huge winning H2H.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »