Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Andy vs Florian - who will win?
Andy in 2
Andy in 3
Florian in 2
Florian in 3

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid

(Read 6758 times)
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #345 on: May 07, 2013, 07:49 PM »

Really good win by Andy. He's become a great tiebreak player (though the first one was unduly stressful!!) I never felt like Andy was going to lose this match though, and it was fun to watch. Hard to judge his claycourt form as Mayer plays such an unusual style, but I love it when Andy plays with variety - he has so many different shots that he can use.

Simon will be a test, despite the H2H. There'll be lots of rallies, which should help Andy to get into the rhythm he needs to play good claycourt tennis.
IP Logged
anders

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #346 on: May 07, 2013, 08:51 PM »

Oh my god that was stressful..but he managed to pull it out. Great job Andy
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #347 on: May 07, 2013, 08:53 PM »

So happy he made it through.  yay

C'mon Andy! Simon next. You have got this.  cmon yeah
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #348 on: May 07, 2013, 09:16 PM »

Just home now and saw he won-so delighted!Yaaay! Smile
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #349 on: May 07, 2013, 09:30 PM »

The score may have been close.... but for me ...that was the first time I have watched Andy on clay...and thought ...Yep now he can play clay!
He has finally worked out what he needed to do to get his movement right. He was hitting shots with more confidence generating pace and sliding into his opponents shots.
Was never in doubt he would win...Mayer played some solid tennis but Andy switched gears when he needed to.

If he continues to improve each round he can go all the way...I have no doubts.

One aspect of Andy's game that never fails to induce me into obscenities is when he just has to smash a ball either side of an opponent to take the point...but instead hits it straight back to them with little power. Argh Andy!! Please with a nice wee cherry on top next time put it either side to take the point.
[ Last edit by ABF May 07, 2013, 09:44 PM ] IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #350 on: May 07, 2013, 09:33 PM »

It's not great quality, and only starts in the 2nd set, but if you couldn't watch the match, this gives a flavour until something better comes along. Very Happy

IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #351 on: May 07, 2013, 09:58 PM »

Oh my god that was stressful..but he managed to pull it out. Great job Andy
Haha yes it was, the Andy roller coaster , welcome anders.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #352 on: May 07, 2013, 10:07 PM »

I'm sure everyone has a coping mechanism, mine is to throw irrational insults, often of the colourful variety, at Andy's opponents lol.

I do the same Smile
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #353 on: May 07, 2013, 10:08 PM »

I agree that folks (like me), can make up excuses if it helps us, but I genuinely think he was not 100% in that Warwrinka match. The manner of his loss just wasn't like him. Today he went out there with the intention of wining of he could. I think he believed he would come off the court the victor, where he didn't seem to believe it in Monte Carlo.  I can accept a bad day at office. If he had lost the match today on the tie breaks, it would have been because Mayer played so well. Murray didn't give anything away and fought for every point.

As you say, none of us know. Probably I am just soft.

Don't get me wrong, i am one of those that also think there was something up, for such a massive shift in form from his first match, i think his mind was elsewhere.
IP Logged
michel
Satellite Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #354 on: May 07, 2013, 10:11 PM »

good win for andy , hope he continues
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #355 on: May 07, 2013, 10:15 PM »

MW has collapsed. I have retired from match threader.

You serious?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #356 on: May 07, 2013, 10:15 PM »

Yes.
You serious?
IP Logged
anders

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #357 on: May 07, 2013, 10:17 PM »

And now Novaks out
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #358 on: May 07, 2013, 10:19 PM »

Yes.

Hmm...there was actually no need of stopping it. You enjoyed doing it right?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #359 on: May 07, 2013, 10:19 PM »

Hmm...there was actually no need of stopping it. You enjoyed doing it right?

Want me to be honest? No. Too much moaning from some users.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »