Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Andy vs Florian - who will win?
Andy in 2
Andy in 3
Florian in 2
Florian in 3

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid

(Read 5827 times)
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #360 on: May 07, 2013, 10:22 PM »

Want me to be honest? No. Too much moaning from some users.

Yeah, I know that. Best to stop it all, I guess. Smile

Okie, good nite, gm. Smile
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #361 on: May 07, 2013, 10:24 PM »

Well played Andy. A good hard fought victory. We often talk - with good reason- of Andy's rollercoaster matches, but having seen the end of Raonic v Verdasco and most of Djoko v Dimitrov, I can only imagine what fans of those players went through ! It seems Andy's not the only player to make his fans suffer :-).

Up early tomorrow so can't watch the end of Djoko's match :-(
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #362 on: May 07, 2013, 10:46 PM »

Yes wouldn't have liked to have been a nole fan tonight especially with the crowd 100 per cent behind Dimitrov.  Dimitrov is my no 2 so feeling so pleased for him.  Perhaps he will be the one to make it first out of the pack of younger players though I think he'll need to improve his fitness to be able to play at that level in slams.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #363 on: May 07, 2013, 10:53 PM »

Couldnt be any easier! Great match.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #364 on: May 08, 2013, 12:15 AM »

Yes wouldn't have liked to have been a nole fan tonight especially with the crowd 100 per cent behind Dimitrov.  Dimitrov is my no 2 so feeling so pleased for him.  Perhaps he will be the one to make it first out of the pack of younger players though I think he'll need to improve his fitness to be able to play at that level in slams.

Yeah Dimitrov is the most naturally talented of the young uns... and has improved alot over the last year... He looks the most likely of the next batch to seriously challenge. He needs to get much fitter tho.

Tomic is going nowehere if he continues to be coached by that lunatic of a father of his.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #365 on: May 08, 2013, 01:06 AM »

I don't think Tomic is going to have any choice in getting rid of his dad as coach.  He's already been suspended from ATP events.  It's a shame he couldn't ditch him before, but his dad as good as sacked himself and has no-one to blame but himself.  Good riddance.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #366 on: May 08, 2013, 01:36 AM »

I don't think Tomic is going to have any choice in getting rid of his dad as coach.  He's already been suspended from ATP events.  It's a shame he couldn't ditch him before, but his dad as good as sacked himself and has no-one to blame but himself.  Good riddance.

That might have been hard for him to do, so maybe this whole thing will be the intervention Bernard needed.
His hands are clean, so hopefully he can get on with concentrating on his talent.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #367 on: May 08, 2013, 03:16 AM »

Hello everyone. Life's been pretty hectic lately, husband has a terrible disease and it has gotten worse where I've had to get private duty care for him while I work t o help pay for his meds and haven't had time to think about tennis. So today at work it dawned on me that Andy would be playing and when I looked at ATP live score he had already played and thank goodness he won!  I'm watching the replay now.   So much easier ti watch when you know Andy has won.   Wondering, is Andy losing hair on top of his head. Funny sometimes his hair looks reddish and other times its brown.   I think Andy is looking winded which you don't usually see and his cheeks are a little pink. With djokovic out and raonic out, and fed winning but had a little trouble with stepanek who looked like he was tanking it might be a good chance for Andy, hopefully he continues to play well.  I don't know who hazel is but hope she feels better. Btw what is RTR?
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #368 on: May 08, 2013, 04:05 AM »

Still watching Andy's match and I had to double check who won with Andy down 1-4.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #369 on: May 08, 2013, 04:27 AM »

So sorry Apollo.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #370 on: May 08, 2013, 08:48 AM »

Full match:

(also up in videos thread)
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #371 on: May 08, 2013, 08:59 AM »

Do hope things go ok for your husband Apollo.  Thanks for coming on to MW when you are so preoccupied with his care.
Yes Andy has been going thin on top for some time and  Ross Hutchins (who is having chemo) recently made a joke about which of them will lose their hair first.
Although people are saying of course Andy was going to win this match I have to admit it didn't feel like that at times while watching it!  Did wonder about his physical state with the heavy breathing and the old clutching of body parts (and he said he'd been ill after his MC training block and taken some days off) but he seemed v cheerful in his post match interview.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #372 on: May 08, 2013, 11:19 AM »

Hello everyone. Life's been pretty hectic lately, husband has a terrible disease and it has gotten worse where I've had to get private duty care for him while I work t o help pay for his meds and haven't had time to think about tennis. So today at work it dawned on me that Andy would be playing and when I looked at ATP live score he had already played and thank goodness he won!  I'm watching the replay now.   So much easier ti watch when you know Andy has won.   Wondering, is Andy losing hair on top of his head. Funny sometimes his hair looks reddish and other times its brown.   I think Andy is looking winded which you don't usually see and his cheeks are a little pink. With djokovic out and raonic out, and fed winning but had a little trouble with stepanek who looked like he was tanking it might be a good chance for Andy, hopefully he continues to play well.  I don't know who hazel is but hope she feels better. Btw what is RTR?
. Hi Apollo I hope your Husband gets better soon, must be hard for you, best wishes, yes not a easy one to watch, so glad he won, onwards and upwards for Mr M I think he will have a good few months now.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #373 on: May 08, 2013, 02:39 PM »

I watched Andy's match last night - well, half an hour of it, really and he played really well. Moved very well and was playing a bit of a mixed game. I liked what I saw. Hopefully he'll keep it up and will only get better.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #374 on: May 08, 2013, 02:41 PM »

Apollo.. I noticed you hadn't been around for a while. So sorry about your husband and life situation, and I wish you well. A little bit of Andy is good for you to take your mind elsewhere.

Hazel is Hazybear. RTR is Read-the-Round, where you have to guess who will win matches. There's a separate thread for it under General Community.

Best wishes.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »