Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Andy vs Florian - who will win?
Andy in 2
Andy in 3
Florian in 2
Florian in 3

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid

(Read 5556 times)
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #375 on: May 08, 2013, 03:06 PM »

Hello everyone. Life's been pretty hectic lately, husband has a terrible disease and it has gotten worse where I've had to get private duty care for him while I work t o help pay for his meds and haven't had time to think about tennis. So today at work it dawned on me that Andy would be playing and when I looked at ATP live score he had already played and thank goodness he won!  I'm watching the replay now.   So much easier ti watch when you know Andy has won.   Wondering, is Andy losing hair on top of his head. Funny sometimes his hair looks reddish and other times its brown.   I think Andy is looking winded which you don't usually see and his cheeks are a little pink. With djokovic out and raonic out, and fed winning but had a little trouble with stepanek who looked like he was tanking it might be a good chance for Andy, hopefully he continues to play well.  I don't know who hazel is but hope she feels better. Btw what is RTR?
Apollo so sorry to hear about your situation. I think the alltitude in madrid has something to do with Andy huffing and puffing.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #376 on: May 08, 2013, 03:11 PM »

Thanks for the nice words, my husband will not be getting better, he has a dibilitating disease that will only get worse, so it is nice to be able to come here and cheer on Andy and take my mind off what is going on at home.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #377 on: May 08, 2013, 03:18 PM »

Thanks for the nice words, my husband will not be getting better, he has a dibilitating disease that will only get worse, so it is nice to be able to come here and cheer on Andy and take my mind off what is going on at home.

So sorry to hear that, Apollo. I hope Andy and us will be able to help you anyway we can to get you through this rough time.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #378 on: May 08, 2013, 03:25 PM »

So sorry to hear that, Apollo. I hope Andy and us will be able to help you anyway we can to get you through this rough time.

yes Very well said EJ,and I second it absolutely.If there's any way any of us can help Apollo,please don't hesitate to say hug
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #379 on: May 08, 2013, 04:23 PM »

Just watched the match again, i really don't like near empty stadiums, i feel Andy doesn't either, he needs electricity to get going.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #380 on: May 08, 2013, 06:03 PM »

After double faulting at 10 all, Andy played the next 3 points extremely well in the TB to take the 1st set. Mayer had his chances but he was a bit too aggressive on a couple of set points at the least.

Thanks Dani for the full match.  hug
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #381 on: May 08, 2013, 08:18 PM »

yes Very well said EJ,and I second it absolutely.If there's any way any of us can help Apollo,please don't hesitate to say hug
Thank you.. Heart
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #382 on: May 08, 2013, 08:48 PM »

Hello everyone. Life's been pretty hectic lately, husband has a terrible disease and it has gotten worse where I've had to get private duty care for him while I work t o help pay for his meds and haven't had time to think about tennis. So today at work it dawned on me that Andy would be playing and when I looked at ATP live score he had already played and thank goodness he won!  I'm watching the replay now.   So much easier ti watch when you know Andy has won.   Wondering, is Andy losing hair on top of his head. Funny sometimes his hair looks reddish and other times its brown.   I think Andy is looking winded which you don't usually see and his cheeks are a little pink. With djokovic out and raonic out, and fed winning but had a little trouble with stepanek who looked like he was tanking it might be a good chance for Andy, hopefully he continues to play well.  I don't know who hazel is but hope she feels better. Btw what is RTR?
Hi Apollo, I noticed you'd been away from MW. I admire your openess, here on Murrays World and not least your bravery. I'm glad you find happiness on MW. I feel like I'm amongst friends here too. Best wishes to you.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #383 on: May 08, 2013, 09:44 PM »

Thanks Dani for the full match.  hug

You're welcome EJ hug

Thank you.. Heart

Don't mention it Apollo!I sincerely mean it.I'm so sorry for what you and your husband are going through-really admire your bravery and resilience hug
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #384 on: May 09, 2013, 09:15 AM »

I was very annoyed at Breakfast Sky News yesterday when they showed clips of both Federer's win and Djoko's defeat, but failed to mention our own British player's win or even that he's playing in Madrid.

Shame on them! Disgusted.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #385 on: May 09, 2013, 04:13 PM »

I was very annoyed at Breakfast Sky News yesterday when they showed clips of both Federer's win and Djoko's defeat, but failed to mention our own British player's win or even that he's playing in Madrid.

Shame on them! Disgusted.

Glad I wasn't the only one Lashurst.  I was so annoyed that I e-mailed the Beeb - not that it will do any good!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer - R2 Madrid « Reply #386 on: May 09, 2013, 04:14 PM »

So sorry to hear that Apollo - I do hope your husband's condition improves.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »