Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win the final?
Andy in 2 - 18 (51.4%)
Andy in 3 - 13 (37.1%)
Marin in 2 - 1 (2.9%)
Marin in 3 - 0 (0%)
lendl wins thinking it's already the charity dubs - 3 (8.6%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 68 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final  (Read 9814 times)
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #900 on: June 16, 2013, 10:25 PM »

What a fabulous afternoon/evening of tennis. Set me up nicely for the week. Such a lovely speech, very moving ... and then the hilarity of the charity match. Beeb should've left this on BBC1 , it would have been the best advert for their Wimbledon coverage and  would've sent Andy's popularity through the roof (plus I was trying to record it!). Andy winning seemed like it was part of the script for the charity event. Well done to all involved.  trophy
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #901 on: June 16, 2013, 10:30 PM »

priceless gnome

Someone congratulated Castle on Twitter for donating his fee. Don't know if it was real or sarcastic as just found it on the #rallyagainstcancer hashtag. See British tennis Twitter has confirmed Andy donated his prize money.  clap

Was great to sit down and watch both Andy's win and the charity match. Laughed out loud at some points. Would have liked to hear more of what the players were saying. Couldn't always catch Lendl's comments. Great fun!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #902 on: June 16, 2013, 11:20 PM »

I'm still not sure if they just based that off what Castle said though.

Confirmed now Smile

British Tennis ‏@BritishTennis
We're delighted to confirm @andy_murray has indeed donated his #aegonchampionships prize money (€86300) to #RallyAgainstCancer @RoyalMarsden
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #903 on: June 16, 2013, 11:25 PM »

I'd say Andy always planned to donate his prize money but it wouldn't be his nature to have said so in advance. Huge respect to Kyle Edmund who is donating half his first round prize money from next week's Eastbourne event - for a young player starting out that's a huge pay cheque that would really help fund his tennis so giving up half is very generous.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #904 on: June 16, 2013, 11:26 PM »

Just posted now Smile

Andy Murray ‏@andy_murray
What a day that was!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #905 on: June 17, 2013, 12:15 AM »

Maybe Andrew Castle should donate his career prize money from tennis for the cause, £10.00 can still go a long way.

LOL.
IP Logged
Tonedial
Challenger Level

WORTH THE WAIT

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #906 on: June 17, 2013, 12:18 AM »

ANDY HITS LENDL WITH VOLLEY

IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #907 on: June 17, 2013, 12:18 AM »

Boris Johnson could have a formidable career with a racquet like that. Powerful things they are...
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #908 on: June 17, 2013, 12:19 AM »

Confirmed now Smile

We're delighted to confirm @andy_murray has indeed donated his #aegonchampionships prize money (€86300) to #RallyAgainstCancer @RoyalMarsden

I knew it. The second Andy won the Championships I had a strong suspicion he might donate the prize money.

Kyle Edmund is very generous too. In his position that sort of money would really help him. Giving half of it up is a lovely thing to do.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #909 on: June 17, 2013, 12:23 AM »

ANDY HITS LENDL WITH VOLLEY

I don't think I've ever seen Andy with such a look of joy all over his face LOL.
IP Logged
Tonedial
Challenger Level

WORTH THE WAIT

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #910 on: June 17, 2013, 12:27 AM »

Highlights of the Rally Against Cancer charity matches at Queens

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #911 on: June 17, 2013, 12:35 AM »

I'd say Andy always planned to donate his prize money but it wouldn't be his nature to have said so in advance. Huge respect to Kyle Edmund who is donating half his first round prize money from next week's Eastbourne event - for a young player starting out that's a huge pay cheque that would really help fund his tennis so giving up half is very generous.

Yep, hugely commendable, not just given how useful it would have been for his career but as a teenager how easy would it have been to spend the money on personal items? Very selfless.

Confirmed now Smile

Ah that's brilliant.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #912 on: June 17, 2013, 12:40 AM »

It was a great day of tennis.  I think when Andy won Queen's in 2009 it had been 70+ years since we'd had a British winner. Now Andy's won it 3 times. Just amazing.

I thought Castle was poor today. He shouldn't have mentioned Andy and the prize money. I see that Neil Harman said Andy refused to deny or confirm that he donated his prize money. I know it has been confirmed by British tennis and the charity. As you said Westie I think it was obviously something Andy was planning to do. I think he'd have liked to have kept it private though.

What was with Ross and Carr wearing Nike RF shirts? It was good of them to play in the event but turning up at a charity event featuring Andy Murray and wearing a RF shirt. Andy should have been aiming a few balls at them methinks.

I have to say Boris and Macintyre were not too bad.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #913 on: June 17, 2013, 09:38 AM »

Woke up this morning still smiling after how yesterday-what a brilliant day it was!In the beginning I had thought I might miss the match once the weather started delayinging things,as I had plans to go out later in the day-but then I just had to stay,so I went ahead and cancelled my plans.And it was SO worth it!!  yay

It was a very special day,and I'm so glad that it went so well for Andy and Ross and all of them.Here's hoping it's the start of another brilliant summer with our man (and that Lendl doesn't make him pay too much in practice for that exo  w00t )!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #914 on: June 17, 2013, 09:41 AM »

@Elly
Fortunately Castle didn't spoil the doubles with Andy/Tim v Ivan/Tomas, which was delightful. Have we ]ever  seen Andy so gleeful wub
No, it was the "comic" turn because he was:
completely out of his depth,
embarrassing comments i.e. Michael Mac "miserable" WTH?
hogging lime light
butting in
etc etc yuk

Should've got Alexander Armstrong, Lee Mack, Kevin Spacey etc
Or just about anyone off the street would've made a better fist of it Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 68 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »