Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win the final?
Andy in 2 - 18 (51.4%)
Andy in 3 - 13 (37.1%)
Marin in 2 - 1 (2.9%)
Marin in 3 - 0 (0%)
lendl wins thinking it's already the charity dubs - 3 (8.6%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 ... 68 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final  (Read 9663 times)
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #915 on: June 17, 2013, 09:46 AM »

Woke up this morning still smiling after how yesterday-what a brilliant day it was!In the beginning I had thought I might miss the match once the weather started delayinging things,as I had plans to go out later in the day-but then I just had to stay,so I went ahead and cancelled my plans.And it was SO worth it!!  yay

It was a very special day,and I'm so glad that it went so well for Andy and Ross and all of them.Here's hoping it's the start of another brilliant summer with our man (and that Lendl doesn't make him pay too much in practice for that exo  w00t )!

I was the same Dani..first time I've woken up happy on a Monday morning lol.. So glad your cancelled plans were worth it...I never moved off sofa all day. Roll on next Monday  yay
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #916 on: June 17, 2013, 09:52 AM »

Just had to post this screencap in here.

Top guy Ross is.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #917 on: June 17, 2013, 09:59 AM »

Top guy Ross is.
Bless him, has been a real inspiration to cancer sufferers , fingers crossed he gets the all clear. pray
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #918 on: June 17, 2013, 10:02 AM »

I'd say Andy always planned to donate his prize money but it wouldn't be his nature to have said so in advance. Huge respect to Kyle Edmund who is donating half his first round prize money from next week's Eastbourne event - for a young player starting out that's a huge pay cheque that would really help fund his tennis so giving up half is very generous.
Amazing from both so generous , Andy isn't the type to make sure everyone knows what he does for charity , unlike some!! 
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #919 on: June 17, 2013, 10:10 AM »

What was with Ross and Carr wearing Nike RF shirts? It was good of them to play in the event but turning up at a charity event featuring Andy Murray and wearing a RF shirt. Andy should have been aiming a few balls at them methinks.
I think they were having a laugh.  Just as Michael turned up with his ball-belt, Ross had his 1970s cardigan and tray of Pimms and Carr has made jokes about how he looks like an odd Federer.  It might have been a deliberate wind-up for Andy, or didn't give any real thought to anyone thinking it a serious insult, as they are both on record saying very positive things about Andy.

Or maybe that's what they always wear to play tennis, in which case - fine!

If I were to criticise, it might be Branson turning up in his Virgin Active gear, but then that probably is what he always wears to play tennis and he is a big tennis fan, so he'd have been keen to play, regardless of plugging opportunities.

I did like how MacIntyre had his Nike head-band on upside down, and he is so obviously a massive tennis fan and his humour is perfect for this sort of event.  I suspect he watches a lot of the Legends exhibition stuff, but all of them were brilliant in their own way and brought something to the event.

One thing I did notice, was that the event was being called Rally Against Cancer 2013, which makes me hopeful there will be more next year. Very Happy
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #920 on: June 17, 2013, 10:30 AM »

Bless him, has been a real inspiration to cancer sufferers , fingers crossed he gets the all clear. pray

I think a lot of people have been inspired by Ross's courage. When you think about it, he has gone through everything right in the public eye. That can't be easy.

The thing I find remarkable about Ross is that through all of it, he has worked, whether in commentary or co-presenting. That's amazing, especially given that he's had chemotherapy, which can make people feel ill.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #921 on: June 17, 2013, 10:45 AM »

He's done so well.  Fortunately, he's been in a position where he can pick and choose what work to do, and that work is much less physically demanding than what he's used to.  He's been able to rest when needed, but not to fester.   
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #922 on: June 17, 2013, 10:55 AM »

I'm pretty sure Ross will have a career in commentating when he hangs up his tennis shoes - he's a natural.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #923 on: June 17, 2013, 11:26 AM »

I'm pretty sure Ross will have a career in commentating when he hangs up his tennis shoes - he's a natural.

Yes pretty easy on the eye also  Whistle
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #924 on: June 17, 2013, 11:27 AM »

Top guy Ross is.

Lovely.  Said it was the best day of his life Smile
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #925 on: June 17, 2013, 11:35 AM »

I had a tear in my eye yesterday for Ross and for my father who was so well looked after by the Royal Marsden many years ago.  The care was wonderful both of him and my sister and myself.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #926 on: June 17, 2013, 12:30 PM »

Confirmed now Smile

British Tennis ‏@BritishTennis
We're delighted to confirm @andy_murray has indeed donated his #aegonchampionships prize money (€86300) to #RallyAgainstCancer @RoyalMarsden

I just wanna hug Andy!!!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #927 on: June 17, 2013, 12:34 PM »

Amazing from both so generous , Andy isn't the type to make sure everyone knows what he does for charity , unlike some!! 

Exactly, Deb. That is one of his best qualities.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #928 on: June 17, 2013, 12:37 PM »

Having two members of my family at the moment with cancer, this hit the spot.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #929 on: June 17, 2013, 01:29 PM »

I just wanna hug Andy!!!

I know what I would like to do to Andy but I won't post it on a good clean forum like this  w00t
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 ... 68 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »