Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win the final?
Andy in 2 - 18 (51.4%)
Andy in 3 - 13 (37.1%)
Marin in 2 - 1 (2.9%)
Marin in 3 - 0 (0%)
lendl wins thinking it's already the charity dubs - 3 (8.6%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 68 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final

(Read 11161 times)
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #30 on: June 16, 2013, 08:33 AM »

Queens maybe only a 250 but it is the most prestigious on the circuit and that is why it should be made at least a 500.  All the players want to win it and have done so throughout the ages.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #31 on: June 16, 2013, 08:53 AM »

So here is Andy in yet another final after a great comeback against Jo-Wilfred.  I'll leave the experts to add the h2h but it's a pretty good one against Marin.  That said he has a tendency to go down a set against him and with this being just 3 sets he can't afford to be too generous to Marin.  There's no oop up yet but BBC were saying they will be transmitting from 12.20pm and I think therefore the match starts at 12.30pm to be followed of course by the charity match.   Correction: schedule now up and match starts 12.15.
Thanks for that Ruthie! My husband just told me it would be later, but I had an idea the Beeb might change the schedule!
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #32 on: June 16, 2013, 09:21 AM »

Thanks Elena for the H to H and to others re the timing of the final It is certainly earlier than I'd expected  Lets hope the weather is okay
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #33 on: June 16, 2013, 09:27 AM »

With a lot of help from my daughter....

Oops, missed the top bit of the H2H - Andy Murray 8  Marin Cilic 1

Did he loose 1 kilo? Thought he was 85. More muscles now also, so think he lost more (othet) weight....
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #34 on: June 16, 2013, 09:45 AM »

When is the charity match on? I can't find it scheduled on the website
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #35 on: June 16, 2013, 09:54 AM »

The support on this site is sickening, Murray in 1/2 a set with Cilic bending over, taking a spanking a retiring due to a fake injury.
I'm not very intelligent so I dont always understand Gangsta., he bamboozles me with his ultra crypic posts, flavoured with provocation, clearly aimed at certain MW members.
 confused doh
[ Last edit by lashurst June 16, 2013, 10:00 AM ] IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #36 on: June 16, 2013, 09:59 AM »

Queens maybe only a 250 but it is the most prestigious on the circuit and that is why it should be made at least a 500.  All the players want to win it and have done so throughout the ages.
With you 100 % there Tamil. Its worthy of being a 500. No doubt about it, it's much coverted and revered championship.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #37 on: June 16, 2013, 10:05 AM »

Latest news from the Aegon site.:
"The Aegon Championships singles final at The Queen’s Club has been moved forward by two hours to a new start-time of 12 noon (BST) on Sunday after weather forecasts predicted that rain would arrive mid-afternoon.

The singles final had originally been scheduled for 2pm (BST) with the doubles final beforehand and the Rally Against Cancer charity match afterwards, but both singles and doubles finals have now been scheduled for 12 noon, with the doubles final on Court One (with tickets for the doubles final available separately on the gate for £10).

The Rally Against Cancer match (Andy Murray/Tim Henman vs. Tomas Berdych/Ivan Lendl followed by celebrity doubles) will follow the singles final on Centre Court.
The singles final and the Rally Against Cancer matches will continue to be screened, live, on BBC 1."

I doubt that they will get the charity match played uninterupted then
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #38 on: June 16, 2013, 10:33 AM »

Thanks for the update Lashurst. I am going for Andy in 2.  thumb up
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #39 on: June 16, 2013, 10:38 AM »

Saw Marin beat Berd and he looked very good. Lots of variety and classy shots. Made Berd look plodding and slow.   thumb up
Hope Andy serves well and is wide awake from the off Rolling Eyes
Let's Go Andy yay Let's Go yay
So did I BBH and he was good. Andy can certainly beat him if he plays his best, and  those are the operative words - his best - as Cilic seems to be on top form. Whether he does remains to be seen. Hope so but you never can tell with Andy!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #40 on: June 16, 2013, 10:55 AM »

Thanks Lashurst, thought it was 2 pm !! Wasn't listening to what they were saying,  Whistle  no change there then. Andy in two me thinks , come on Andy  cmon yeah
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #41 on: June 16, 2013, 11:04 AM »

I am the only one here that talks sense about tennis...........
Speaking as an OAP, what worries me, GangstaMurray, is that you waste so much of your wonderful youth on this site.  When my son was your age he was out with his friends having a great time.  I can't understand why you're not doing the same.  Don't let life pass you by.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #42 on: June 16, 2013, 11:09 AM »

Good luck Andy on beating Marin. Come focused to play from the very beginning.. Let your racquet do te talking. May the force be with you.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #43 on: June 16, 2013, 11:09 AM »

I'm not very intelligent so I dont always understand Gangsta., he bamboozles me with his ultra crypic posts, flavoured with provocation, clearly aimed at certain MW members.
 confused doh

No haha, it was a message to attack myself for saying Cilic would win. I was having a go at myself cryptically. I wanted to see who could work that out. lol
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic - Aegon Championship Final « Reply #44 on: June 16, 2013, 11:23 AM »

Thanks Lashurst for giving match times info  Yesterday I would have missed the Murray Tsonga match if I had.nt kept in touch with MW and similarily  today
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 68 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »