Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray vs Roger Federer - Shanghai Masters Semi Final (13th October 2012) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will the result be?
Murray in 2 - 8 (18.6%)
Federer in 2 - 7 (16.3%)
Murray in 3 - 25 (58.1%)
Federer in 3 - 2 (4.7%)
Smugfed has a mental break down and retires! - 1 (2.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 74 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy Murray vs Roger Federer - Shanghai Masters Semi Final (13th October 2012)  (Read 13158 times)
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

So last time the two faced, Murray beat Federer in straight sets 6-2, 6-1, 6-4 to win the Olympic Gold Medal. Of course, things were different just a month earlier, as Federer came from a set down to capture the Wimbledon crown 4-6, 7-5, 6-3, 6-4. In their only other 2012 encounter, Federer won 7-5, 6-4 in Dubai. The two didn't meet at all in 2011, and in 2010 they shared equal success against each other, picking up 2 victories. Murray currently leads the head to head 9-8, and Federer will be looking to even things up here in Shanghai, but Murray, who is unbeaten in Shanghai, will be doing all he can to make sure that doesn't happen  
[ Last edit by ProdigyEng October 12, 2012, 03:14 PM ] IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

I'm happy about this one. Hopefully it will be a great match. My two favourite players to watch (when on). That said, come on Andy!
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Fed will win this - Murray looks very ill.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

I wish Andy wasn't having to face smugfed when feeling so under the weather.   Not sure whether it will help or not it being a night match.  Much as I'd love Andy to win and go on to defend his title, it will be quite understandable if he doesn't and I don't think we should be too downhearted.   And at least then he can get home and nurse whatever is wrong with him.  My main concern now is that he does well at WTF. 
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Can't believe Federer has won 868 (I think that might be 869, as I took this right after he beat Cillic), that's quite crazy. Hopefully Murray takes this, but I won't be too upset if Smugfed gets it, reaching the Semi's won't affect Murray's ranking points too much I don't think...
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Andy's ranking is safe until at least after the WTFs. And that's only if Rafa comes back and goes on to win that thing.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Although Cilic was making a bit of a comeback in the 2nd, Fed was on point for most of the match, especially his serve.
Andy's serve was very poor today.

I feel for him, but it is what it is and he'll just have to bring what he can tomorrow.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Perhaps Kim needs to fly out to Shanghai to give Andy a bit of TLC... looks like he needs it...
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Andy book signing at Piccadilly, Nov 2013

I wonder how many current players have a winning H2H record against the Smug One?  Can't be too many.

The hammering our hero gave him at the Olympic final will live on in my memory as one of the greatest sporting moments of my entire life.  Little did I think it would be surpassed just a few short weeks later in New York!   clap
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Make it 10-8 Andy!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

10 wins against smugFed would be a brilliant addition to a good year for Andy, of course it is only Semi Finals, but 10 wins vs the great one is no mean feat. UGH the thought just crossed my mind of a Djoker vs Murray final now and I'm eager for that too happen as well.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Andy book signing at Piccadilly, Nov 2013

Andy need fear no-one.  A winning H2H against Smuggie, including the title the Basel Bigmouth really wanted - the Olympic Gold.  And two wins on the bounce against Djoko.  Let's hope he's fully fit and then it's game on!

cmonandy
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

I wish Andy wasn't having to face smugfed when feeling so under the weather.   Not sure whether it will help or not it being a night match.  Much as I'd love Andy to win and go on to defend his title, it will be quite understandable if he doesn't and I don't think we should be too downhearted.   And at least then he can get home and nurse whatever is wrong with him.  My main concern now is that he does well at WTF. 

Couldn't agree more,Ruthie!
Mickeypops,you put my feelings perfectly!If anyone would've said,at the beginning of the year that Andy would've reached the Wimbledon final,taken Olympic gold by hammering Smugfed,then won the USO by beating Djokovic,all in one summer-well,I know anyone I would've said it to would've laughed at me!
Ugh,why does Andy have to be sick now!!I mean,I'd rather it now than at the WTF,but still,it couldn't have waited til season end?!
Poor guy-as much as he loves his tennis,he probably just wants to be at home with Kim and the dogs,celebrating her birthday and just getting better.I like your idea of flying her out Prodigy!
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

868 is tremendous but the younger ones have a way to go.  I think that Andy and Nadal are the only ones to have a winning H2H against Smugfed.

Obviously I want ASndy to win tomorrow and on Sunday but as he is not well I will not be too disappointed.  Hope he gets better for Paris and the WTF as that is his main aim at the moment.  Whatever happens he will end the year as No.3.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

I wonder how many current players have a winning H2H record against the Smug One?  Can't be too many.

The hammering our hero gave him at the Olympic final will live on in my memory as one of the greatest sporting moments of my entire life.  Little did I think it would be surpassed just a few short weeks later in New York!   clap

Two. Rafa and Andy.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 74 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »