Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray vs Roger Federer - Shanghai Masters Semi Final (13th October 2012) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will the result be?
Murray in 2 - 8 (18.6%)
Federer in 2 - 7 (16.3%)
Murray in 3 - 25 (58.1%)
Federer in 3 - 2 (4.7%)
Smugfed has a mental break down and retires! - 1 (2.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 74 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray vs Roger Federer - Shanghai Masters Semi Final (13th October 2012)

(Read 17057 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Sky Sports News still don't know Federer won... I thought they broadcast LIVE!

Also I find it cool how the top 4 seeds are the last 4 left to play Smile. 4 Berdych 3 Murray 2 Djokovic 1 Smugfed. Not bad all of those guys keeper up to their expectations.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

I really want Andy to keep that winning H2H. Betting odds at he moment are complete evens.

Put up a poll OP. I'm gonna think about it for a bit then make a prediction, this is a difficult one though a lot to access.
[ Last edit by laundry October 12, 2012, 03:51 PM ] IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Two. Rafa and Andy.

Ah, that must hurt the almighty one.  Long may it continue!
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Ok thought about it, I'm going Federer in 2. Well that wasn't fun thinking about that :/ Frown
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Two. Rafa and Andy.
Officially there's three : Lucas Arnold Ker beat Federer in his first professional match in 1998.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Nadal has a winning record against all the good players. Ask nearly any player on tour the player they would least want to play and most say Nadal not Federer. That's one of the statistics that makes me consider him the best of all.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

I can put myself through the wringer watching Andy's matches, but for some reason I just can never bring myself to predict his matches. The only time I have was for the USO (to win of course!)

Here's Andy's post match interview. Talks about today's match, his girlfriend's birthday, and his upcoming match with Fed.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/Uploaded/2012/10/12/Shanghai-2012-Friday-Interview-Murray.aspx
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Officially there's three : Lucas Arnold Ker beat Federer in his first professional match in 1998.

Active. And with active I mean, playing on the ATP tour. :P
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

'Ol Luke must be very proud!
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Nadal has a winning record against all the good players. Ask nearly any player on tour the player they would least want to play and most say Nadal not Federer. That's one of the statistics that makes me consider him the best of all.

A little misleading if you consider his Clay domination. That makes him the greatest Clay courter of all time for sure, but the greatest player ever? Hmm, no.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Silver Lining, are you a 'closet Fed fan' by any chance?
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

I quite like these stats to show performance against the top players.

It's also one of my favourite Andy stats : ranked above Djokovic and 8th on the open era all time list!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Hard to be confident given that Murray has an illness.

Hoping for a competitive match. Andy will take huge confidence from that Olympic final.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

I voted Federer in 3, although I did think about 2 for a while. I just don't think Andy at 90% will be able to beat Federer.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

I wish we knew what illness he had, then it would be a little easier to predict when he'd be in full health. I'm guessing it's a virus/cold, which usually is about 5-7 day recovery.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 74 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »