Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray vs Roger Federer - Shanghai Masters Semi Final (13th October 2012) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will the result be?
Murray in 2 - 8 (18.6%)
Federer in 2 - 7 (16.3%)
Murray in 3 - 25 (58.1%)
Federer in 3 - 2 (4.7%)
Smugfed has a mental break down and retires! - 1 (2.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 74 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray vs Roger Federer - Shanghai Masters Semi Final (13th October 2012)

(Read 18395 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Officially there's three : Lucas Arnold Ker beat Federer in his first professional match in 1998.
But H2H stats only include tour level matches. Unless Federer skipped right over Futures and Challenger events when he started his professional career.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

A little misleading if you consider his Clay domination. That makes him the greatest Clay courter of all time for sure, but the greatest player ever? Hmm, no.
If not for his knees, I'm pretty confident he would comfortably have surpassed Federer's Grand Slam tally (and kept Federer's down to about 14/15) as well.

How can Federer be deemed the greatest ever when he has such a pathetic record against Nadal, including several matches when he himself was in his prime and Nadal just a teenager? Nadal has been owning him since he's been on tour.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Well only four votes so far, nobody said Andy in 2 yet. I've got a feeling which ever way this goes it won't be a 3 setter. Andy - Fed matches are often more one-sided to one of them.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Thanks for the interview Scotnadian-an enjoyable watch!Andy is always so pleasant and respectful towards any opponents,or potential opponents.Very sweet of him,when he was saying that he was about 17 when Federer was playing his best tennis,to quickly add in that Federer was still playing great tennis-so sweet,and so Andy.Federer could do with taking a leaf or three out of his book!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Well only four votes so far, nobody said Andy in 2 yet. I've got a feeling which ever way this goes it won't be a 3 setter. Andy - Fed matches are often more one-sided to one of them.

Apart from his match against Cillic, Fed hasn't been on his best form at all, and Andy has been WAY below par. it will be a tight first set, where one will edge it on a tie breaker, before the other gains the momentum in the second and the third goes to either... That's just my thoughts, I don't see it being one sided considering both players recent form.
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

But H2H stats only include tour level matches. Unless Federer skipped right over Futures and Challenger events when he started his professional career.
The match against Ker was Federer's first match after turning professional. Before then he only played in junior events.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

I voted Federer in 3, although I did think about 2 for a while. I just don't think Andy at 90% will be able to beat Federer.

I think a Murray at 90% could def beat Federer,
Roger certainly improved against Cilic but he is hardly unbelievable this tournament.
Unfortunately it doesn't look like Andy is at 90% either.
He's under the weather and losing sets against a player like Stepanek, okay i know he played well but still.
Maybe tomorrow he will be sufficiently recovered enough to play with more authority, we can only hope, but federer at least does not look unbeatable here.
Its Novak that looks like he is going to take it in my view.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

I'm glad it's Federer that Andy's playing tomorrow and not Novak. At least with Federer the rallies are usually quite short which should benefit Andy - I wouldn't fancy his chances in consistently long rallies right now given that he's not feeling 100%.

He'll have chances tomorrow I think, Fed looks quite rusty and has yet to face a great defender this tournament who can put pressure on his groundstrokes.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Andy in two for me! 
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

I agree katie,
An Andy at 100% on this surface can flatten Federer as he has already demonstrated. He just needs to win this time and we know he knows how to do that.
You would have to expect him to raise his level against Roger in any instance so it will depend on how well Roger can raise his too.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Murray playing somewhere around 1pm london time on Saturday13th
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

I've gone for Andy in 3!
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Apart from his match against Cillic, Fed hasn't been on his best form at all, and Andy has been WAY below par. it will be a tight first set, where one will edge it on a tie breaker, before the other gains the momentum in the second and the third goes to either... That's just my thoughts, I don't see it being one sided considering both players recent form.
lol I just don't think people are being smart when they make the predictions, obviously you're going to see a big bias towards Andy given the source but 64% so far saying Murray in 3, that's crazy - bookies have that down as the least likely result.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Might put a bet on it then, because I could see it happening. 1pm UK Time is perfect for me, as I play Football until 12pm... of course the only reason Andy's match is on last is because SmugFed is playing, and he seems to be the main attraction there, even though Andy is the 2x reigning champ and won the last two BIG tournaments.... the lack of respect to the guys in the top 4 other than Roger pisses me off at times, when people act like Roger is the be all and end all.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Might put a bet on it then, because I could see it happening.
Well I'm seeing 4.6 decimal odds at bluesquare, given the predictions made here that's a killer bet! :P

And it's 2.3 odds for it to be a 3 setter.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 74 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »