Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray vs Roger Federer - Shanghai Masters Semi Final (13th October 2012) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will the result be?
Murray in 2 - 8 (18.6%)
Federer in 2 - 7 (16.3%)
Murray in 3 - 25 (58.1%)
Federer in 3 - 2 (4.7%)
Smugfed has a mental break down and retires! - 1 (2.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 74 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray vs Roger Federer - Shanghai Masters Semi Final (13th October 2012)

(Read 17644 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

If Roger does come through against Andy, would Novak beating him in the final affect the rankings at all?
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

It isn't easy running round a tennis court when you've got breathing difficulties, and I guess that was part of his frustration against Stepanek.  Fed will undoubtedly take full advantage and make him move round the court as much as possible.

Yup ....if thats is part of Andy's probs...then I'm sure Fed's team will be aware of that and instruct Fed to take advantage of that.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

ABF, does your name stand for Anyone But Federer by any chance? lmao
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Wasn't it said recently that only two active players have a winning head to head over he who must be smug, Andy being one and Nadal being the other? I'm sure I remember it being mentioned. It sounds like the sort of thing Petch tells us during matches lol.

I don't think the Smug One looks unbeatable in Shanghai, quite the reverse in fact. If Andy is feeling better tomorrow and gets a decent start I think he has a great chance. I'm not going to worry either way though. Andy doesn't look 100% at the moment, so I don't want him to run himself ragged and risk injury ahead of the WTF. As much as I would love the hat trick in Shanghai, the WTF is more important in the scheme of things.

Totally agree it would be awesome if Andy could end the year having won the WTF, which folks will remember more than another Masters 1000 also the added confidence boost from ending the year as the last winner would be good for his AO campaign.  Fed has not played well so far and looks very beatable and I would be very confident if Andy was not ill, but he definately looked a few yards off the pace today, poor guy, bad enough getting out of bed with a respiratory complaint let alone running around a tennis court !!!!   Would love to see Andy take the Smug one out tommorow but if he doesnt there aint nobody taking that USO and Gold Medal from him!!!!!!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

WTF is more ranking points than regular masters 1000 events, correct?
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

I've always felt that, based on comments both pre and post match interviews, Nadal/Djoko/Murray have the utmost resect for each other however I feel that none of those players have much respect for Federer the person. Whatever we think of him we can't take his Slam wins ...its a great record. As a person.... detestable IMO
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

ABF, does your name stand for Anyone But Federer by any chance? lmao

Nail hit squarely on the head... lol
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

WTF is more ranking points than regular masters 1000 events, correct?

Yup ...1500 ATP points
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Wasn't it said recently that only two active players have a winning head to head over he who must be smug, Andy being one and Nadal being the other? I'm sure I remember it being mentioned. It sounds like the sort of thing Petch tells us during matches lol.

I don't think the Smug One looks unbeatable in Shanghai, quite the reverse in fact. If Andy is feeling better tomorrow and gets a decent start I think he has a great chance. I'm not going to worry either way though. Andy doesn't look 100% at the moment, so I don't want him to run himself ragged and risk injury ahead of the WTF. As much as I would love the hat trick in Shanghai, the WTF is more important in the scheme of things.

Completely agree,Teejay.As great as it would be for Andy to get the win tomorrow (which I'm quite confident he would if in the whole of his health),if it would ruin what's left of the season for him,it's not worth it.Andy falling ill now is just one of those really unfortunate timing things-but better now than at the WTF!
LOVE he who must be smug,by the way-every bit as appropriate as Smugfed Smile
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Of course we can always hope that Fed has got the lurgy as well. Have no idea about tomorrow, although my gut feeling is Mr M in 2, which given he is ill seems very silly. If Murray can get him running he has a good chance. Murray has also played one less match.  Happy he has got to the semi's, any more is a bonus this week. Will actually be quite focused on Flemming and Hutchins. Would like to see them get to the WTF. Also Watson is in the Semi's in both singles and doubles in Osaka.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Nightmare last 2 weeks at work havent even watched Andy once. But will certainly be watching this one although I am concerned to hear he is feeling ill - poor Andy and is being moody-- lol.

I cant make an accurate prediction seeing as i havent watched either guy all tournament so... all i will say is Good luck Andy and get well soon xx
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Yup ...1500 ATP points
But only if the winner also wins all his group matches. 200 per win, 400 for reaching the final and a further 500 for winning it.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

lol I just don't think people are being smart when they make the predictions, obviously you're going to see a big bias towards Andy given the source but 64% so far saying Murray in 3, that's crazy - bookies have that down as the least likely result.
Eh......they're not predictions! They're opinions! Big difference!
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Andy has won quite a few matches against Roger in 3. I don't know why that would be so unlikely.

Besides the book-makers haven't been all that successful with their recent predictions.
[ Last edit by silver lining October 12, 2012, 07:30 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 74 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »