Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray vs Roger Federer - Shanghai Masters Semi Final (13th October 2012) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will the result be?
Murray in 2 - 8 (18.6%)
Federer in 2 - 7 (16.3%)
Murray in 3 - 25 (58.1%)
Federer in 3 - 2 (4.7%)
Smugfed has a mental break down and retires! - 1 (2.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 74 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray vs Roger Federer - Shanghai Masters Semi Final (13th October 2012)

(Read 19475 times)
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

hope andy wil lbe feeling better tom . another one i cant watch as i have work ,but good luck andy im rooting for you all the way

sorry  roger
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

But only if the winner also wins all his group matches. 200 per win, 400 for reaching the final and a further 500 for winning it.

Didn't know it was set up like that. Pretty tough to get all 1500 then... as it should be. In some ways tougher than a slam i'd say...considering consecutive matches vs most consistant on form players on world cct.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

I've voted Andy in 3, although I am doubtful of success in view of his illness. He's a healthy guy, not used to feeling under the weather so maybe it feels worse for him than it really is and all will be well - here's hoping!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

I can't bear it when Andy loses against Fed. So everything is crossed for tomorrow Fingers crossed
However, Andy hasn't looked gr8 so far, no doubt due to the lurgy.
Hoping and hoping he can do it.
Come on Andy superman
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Having watched the Andy's match this evening. I watched him like a hawk and he certainly wasn't coughing. My take on the match was this was only his second time on the court and yesterday he had to play clever tennis to beat' the dog 'in 57 mins, Steph.... a very different character with plenty of match play on this surface between singles and doubles so was very sharp. He was full of confidence and was playing very well, but Andy although not starting well found a way to win. He played some breath taking shots and towards the end of the match was playing well. This will I feel have got him used to the surface and balls and will be able to play well tomorrow and beat the Fed. He will have had a good rest before the match and will I'm sure come out fighting, hopefully he will have got  over the lurgy enough to put Fed in his box. I just feel that his match today will have got Andy in the groove.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Yes, michelle at least against Steph there were lots of long rallies and that did give Andy lots of time to get used to the court.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

No, not really. I don't like him all that much actually (as a person), as he strikes me as pretty arrogant. But I think most Andy fans tend to be a little hard on him, even when he's done nothing wrong. Much like a lot of Tennis fans who don't like Andy and find a reason to criticize him no matter what he does. I do however love Fed's game. Him and Andy are my favourite players to watch. My second favourite is actually Rafa. Wink I started supporting both him and Andy back in '04. I'm generally not a fan of making excuses though and don't feel like ignoring facts either, is all. At the end of a day more majors still mean more success.

I don't think there's anyone here who 'doesn't' admire his tennis, it's just his smugness, arrogance and his nasty, uncalled for jibes about other players [always disguised by a smile], that most of us don't like, so when people start to say things like 'I think 'we' should give him a break', my answer is "Hell no! He doesn't deserve one!" Also, his [ the gold is yours, this is just a formality' fans are just as bad!
[ Last edit by Caz October 13, 2012, 08:06 AM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Didn't know it was set up like that. Pretty tough to get all 1500 then... as it should be. In some ways tougher than a slam i'd say...considering consecutive matches vs most consistant on form players on world cct.
Ye without a doubt tougher than a Slam, when all the top guys are fit / take it seriously. 2010 was amazing.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Federer will be very keen and Andy being slightly ill and even less motivated, I am not sure what the result will be, so I am not going to predict anything.

But on the other hand, Andy can turn things around for sure.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

I can't bear it when Andy loses against Fed. So everything is crossed for tomorrow Fingers crossed

Yeah it would be far better Andy getting beaten by someone ranked 40 or 50 than getting beat by possibly the greatest player ever.

Jeez!!
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Ye without a doubt tougher than a Slam, when all the top guys are fit / take it seriously. 2010 was amazing.

Yeah..would like to see Nadal there..... seems highly unlikely he'd make a return on that surface tho.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Unfortunately I think Andy will lose tomorrow because having a cold/cough is enough to knock a few percent off your game and that is likely the difference between losing and winning when any of the top 4 play each other.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

IMO...this one is pretty hard to call. If Andy played Fed like he did at the London Olympics....I would pick Andy every time...and in straight sets. However, based on Andy's form in Asia... which has been very up & down.. I'd say Fed in 3. Maybe even Fed in 2 if Andy is as ill as is being suggested. Then again, I think whilst Andy is not playing as attractive tennis...he is playing 'smart' tennis ..and when he reaches the critical points is doing what it takes to win them.
Fed needs these points even more than Murray. I believe this is Fed last few weeks at No1 ...he will never accumulate enough points again. He needs this tournament to stay ahead of Djoko to finish year out at No1.

Whereas, Murray has accumulated a good amount of points from the asia swing already.....and next season is the crunch for Andy.. in terms of his attempt at No1 spot.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Wow, great picture of Andy with the orange background.

Good Luck Mr Golden Grand Slam Champion Andy, go out and play Fed just like you did in the Olympics.  I hope you are feeling better, have your energy back.  May the force be with you!! cmon yeah racquet cmonandy
IP Logged
madabouttheboy
Junior

Just read Fed's remarks on the ATP site re tomorrow's match. He says "I don't know how I'm going to play yet".....hope it's with a blindfold and one hand tied behind his back......
He's trying to appear unconcerned. Yeh right.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 74 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »