Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray vs Roger Federer - Shanghai Masters Semi Final (13th October 2012) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will the result be?
Murray in 2 - 8 (18.6%)
Federer in 2 - 7 (16.3%)
Murray in 3 - 25 (58.1%)
Federer in 3 - 2 (4.7%)
Smugfed has a mental break down and retires! - 1 (2.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 74 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray vs Roger Federer - Shanghai Masters Semi Final (13th October 2012)

(Read 17296 times)
Dropnet

I think two things will have to be ok, tomorrow, in order Murray can win the match.
Since he appears a bit ill, he needs to keep an high percentage of first service, but overall we have to hope that he can do a lot of return on Federer's first service.
If Murray put Federer in the rallies I think we can be happy because, ok Murray is not at his highest fitness level but, Federer when plays against Murray often made some unforced.

The risk is this: Murray play too 2nd service and he lose too answers on Fed's service. In that case, I suppose the swiss will play with brilliance and will go for his shots with Murray that shout against himself and the world.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

I can put myself through the wringer watching Andy's matches, but for some reason I just can never bring myself to predict his matches. The only time I have was for the USO (to win of course!)

Here's Andy's post match interview. Talks about today's match, his girlfriend's birthday, and his upcoming match with Fed.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/Uploaded/2012/10/12/Shanghai-2012-Friday-Interview-Murray.aspx
Thanks Scotty Smile
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Yeah, thanks Scotty! Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Just read Fed's remarks on the ATP site re tomorrow's match. He says "I don't know how I'm going to play yet"....
Well that's something else worth considering - just how fit is Federer?  I mean only two weeks or so back he was 'wounded' and 'exhausted', and didn't even know if he would complete the season, then suddenly he decides to turn up in Shanghai.  Either he's the biggest drama queen around or, as an ambassador for Rolex, pressure was put on him to play even if he's unfit.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Well that's something else worth considering - just how fit is Federer?  I mean only two weeks or so back he was 'wounded' and 'exhausted', and didn't even know if he would complete the season, then suddenly he decides to turn up in Shanghai.  Either he's the biggest drama queen around or, as an ambassador for Rolex, pressure was put on him to play even if he's unfit.

Lets hope it is the second and he is indeed unfit.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Oh God, I am so waiting for his match...
there sure is gonna be lot of noise in my house...
Me (Andy fan), my brother (Fed fan), and my grandpa (all time Fed fan and currently Andy fan!!) are gonna watch this match together!!!!
Hope Andy doesnt dissapoint me...
Fingers crossed and I dont care about my exam tomorrow...more scared of this match  w00t
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Yeah it would be far better Andy getting beaten by someone ranked 40 or 50 than getting beat by possibly the greatest player ever.

Jeez!!

Just because I have a different opinion from you, no need to be quite so sarky.
I stand by what I said anyway, in the light of  those defeats in finals and those horrible put downs, I hate it when Fed beats him.
Also, in best of 3 playing  "lights out"  tennis, any top  50 player could beat any other.

As a matter of fact,  I wouldn't like to see Andy losing to any 31 year old tbh. Whistle
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

back from my wee holiday.  (from alton towers)     When I came back my murray fan facebook page had been deleted.  It had 500 likes.  Frown    have to start all over again https://www.facebook.com/amtennisgenius?ref=hl  (please like)  thanks!

In other matters  I haven't seen Andy play this week at all,  I get the feeling he hasn't played at that well here,  but thats' what we said at the USO.  Federer, be scared.

cmonandy
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

back from my wee holiday.  (from alton towers)     When I came back my murray fan facebook page had been deleted.  It had 500 likes.  Frown    have to start all over again https://www.facebook.com/amtennisgenius?ref=hl  (please like)  thanks!

In other matters  I haven't seen Andy play this week at all,  I get the feeling he hasn't played at that well here,  but thats' what we said at the USO.  Federer, be scared.

cmonandy
Why and how had it been deleted? I "liked" it.  goodjob
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Why and how had it been deleted? I "liked" it.  goodjob

I don't know why it got deleted.  Frown  I worked so hard to get all those likes.  oh well
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

According to today's paper Andy has a bronchial infection, which I can imagine is quite debilitating when you think of all the running they have to do and how important getting the breathing right is to a tennis player.  I agree he wasn't coughing yesterday but he may have taken something to suppress it after all the coughing the previous day.  But he clearly didn't feel well.  It would be great if he's feeling better today but if he isn't it's no great disgrace to lose.  Like bbh I hate to see him lose to smugfed but I don't think we should give smugfed and more to the point his fans who spy on this site the satisfaction of making a big deal of it when it isn't.  But I'd love to be proved wrong and see Andy win.
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Nadal has a winning record against all the good players. Ask nearly any player on tour the player they would least want to play and most say Nadal not Federer. That's one of the statistics that makes me consider him the best of all.

actually if you ask murray he would say he prefers t play nadal cause he likes playing him lol
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Djoko took 1st set from Berdych, 6 - 3. It's live on "C" Tennis channel.
Berdych complaining and griping about the umpire and accusing Djoko of being slow to challenge.
Nothing new there then.

Net calls are a discussion point and problem it seems, because of very sensitive net sensor, apparantly.(?)
[ Last edit by lashurst October 13, 2012, 10:41 AM ] IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

My goodness, Berdych really has no class.  Its enjoyable to watch anybody beat him, just to see him and rotten attitude, out of the competition.  shocking
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Just read Fed's remarks on the ATP site re tomorrow's match. He says "I don't know how I'm going to play yet".....hope it's with a blindfold and one hand tied behind his back......
He's trying to appear unconcerned. Yeh right.

Ah, he's not decided if he's going to win or not, bless his cotton socks.

I hope Andy's been getting lots of vit c, maybe echinacea and some garlic down him too.  All to fight off that infection Boxing
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 74 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »