Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray vs Roger Federer - Shanghai Masters Semi Final (13th October 2012) 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will the result be?
Murray in 2 - 8 (18.6%)
Federer in 2 - 7 (16.3%)
Murray in 3 - 25 (58.1%)
Federer in 3 - 2 (4.7%)
Smugfed has a mental break down and retires! - 1 (2.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 74 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray vs Roger Federer - Shanghai Masters Semi Final (13th October 2012)

(Read 15183 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Well Andy, I really don't care about the final, but I sooo wanted you to win this one, so you could feel you had consolidated your gold medal and you were just fantastic! As I said after your uso victory, Mr.Tragic is dead.......Long live Mr.Magic!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

anyone know what time the final is in uk time please or should i say gmt
8:30 am GMT (9:30 am BST)

Delighted to see SmugFed thrashed after his disgraceful gamesmanship.  How are the mighty fallen!  He only prolonged the inevitable with his first lot of histrionics. We're seeing a new Andy these days.  Yes there will still be wobbles along the road (take the Raonic match as an example), but now that Andy's got his head sorted out they should be easier for him to deal with.
[ Last edit by Aileen October 13, 2012, 04:07 PM ] IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

To be honest Fed was really lucky to win Wimbledon,if there was a Fed Andy Wimbledon final again i would pick Andy to win every time.Andys a far far better player mentally now that was probably Feds last hurray.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

A perfect example of how to annihilate SmugFed in two sets ignoring his attempts at gamesmanship and delay along the way. He chewed him up and Spat hm out - Gold Medal Andy emerged again to day and what a match it was.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

8:30 am GMT.
no it's 9.30 I think Aileen or at least that's when Sky is showing it! 
Oh and great match summary Jan  clap
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

And to think most people thought Fed would win :p
I plead quilty and happily so.  I really did think after yesterday Andy would struggle today.
Hee hee I bet smugfed regrets his decision to come to Shanghai after all even if it does get him some ranking points.  Let him slink back to Basel with his tail between his legs.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

but somehow he seemed reluctant to defending his No 1, didn't he?

No, he was just outplayed.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

To be honest Fed was really lucky to win Wimbledon,if there was a Fed Andy Wimbledon final again i would pick Andy to win every time.Andys a far far better player mentally now that was probably Feds last hurray.

yep....i agree... murray only lost wimby coz he let the roof closure affect his game....he was nailing fed upto that point. in that sense fed got lucky.

that said...as lendl pointed out in the media...that was an important lesson on focus for andy ....he hasnt looked back since
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

yep....i agree... murray only lost wimby coz he let the roof closure affect his game....he was nailing fed upto that point. in that sense fed got lucky.

that said...as lendl pointed out in the media...that was an important lesson on focus for andy ....he hasnt looked back since
Murray allowed it to affect him but Federer was also in top form in those latter two sets, credit where it's due.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

I truly believe, Andy will never fear Fed again. He has laid him to rest forever. Also, any small shred of respect I may have had for Fed, totally evaporated along with that first few drops of rain! Some people call it gamesmanship........I call it cheating! Shame on him!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

no it's 9.30 I think Aileen or at least that's when Sky is showing it! 
Oh and great match summary Jan  clap
The poster asked for GMT, that's why I gave 8:30 am.  Thought maybe she lived abroad, but have just noticed she doesn't.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

ah fair enough Aileen -perhaps she thought the clocks had already gone back!   
Yes smugfed was absolutely disgraceful when those few drops of rain fell. Showed himself up in his true colours.  So proud of Andy he just didn't let it get to him.  Ditto when he had to come out and serve for the match after the delay - doing the same while Nole had medical timeout at USO will have helped with that one no doubt.  Whistle
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

So routine in the end. Both  shocking and  yahooo
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Murray allowed it to affect him but Federer was also in top form in those latter two sets, credit where it's due.

I completely agree..
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

I agree Murray let the delay affect him, but would Federer have been in top form had the match continued without interruption?  He doesn't have quite the same physical stamina he used to have.  As it was he had a nice rest and a chat with his coach and came back out a different player.  Andy on the other hand was lost. 

Anyway Andy learnt a lot from that loss, and gained a lot of new supporters as well, so on that level it was a blessing in disguise.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 74 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »