Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray vs Roger Federer - Shanghai Masters Semi Final (13th October 2012) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will the result be?
Murray in 2 - 8 (18.6%)
Federer in 2 - 7 (16.3%)
Murray in 3 - 25 (58.1%)
Federer in 3 - 2 (4.7%)
Smugfed has a mental break down and retires! - 1 (2.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 74 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray vs Roger Federer - Shanghai Masters Semi Final (13th October 2012)

(Read 16753 times)
Masaka
ATP Level

Murray sends Fed home after thoroughly battering him with his tennis racket. ND puts Berdych firmly in his place. Regardless of tomorrow's outcome, today has been a good day.  Will watch tomorrow. Hope Murray wins because the hat trick would be fun, but other than that not too bothered about it. The pair of them are so close, although the comms seem to favour our man. They favoured him today and were right. The last few matches Murray has taken 5 sets off both Fed and ND. Also more tolerant of ND after his response to being beaten by Mr M at the US Open - I thought he was very gracious and actually seemed pleased Murray had broken his duck. Fed on the other hand was so p*ssed off today, which makes it so much more enjoyable....!!!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Masaka I too warmed to nole after his defeat at USO.  I agree I think he was genuinely pleased that Andy won even though of course he hated losing.  He's a better loser than winner.  So let's hope we see that side of him again tomorrow!   Although losing to nole isn't as bad as losing to smugfed at the personal level, I'd so love Andy to put another marker down for next year and rest of season  + defend his title.  And I think then he and Nole would be neck and neck for number of titles this year?
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Murray allowed it to affect him but Federer was also in top form in those latter two sets, credit where it's due.

yeah ... granted...but tennis matches ride on momentum....especially between the very top guys. i dont think its coincidence that when murray retained his focus he nailed fed at the olympics...he was doing the same at wimby till the play interruption.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

YAYHOOO congrats to Andy!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

ah fair enough Aileen -perhaps she thought the clocks had already gone back!   
Yes smugfed was absolutely disgraceful when those few drops of rain fell. Showed himself up in his true colours.  So proud of Andy he just didn't let it get to him.  Ditto when he had to come out and serve for the match after the delay - doing the same while Nole had medical timeout at USO will have helped with that one no doubt.  Whistle
Actually I think Nole's medical time-out was even more disgraceful, considering it was at such a crucial point in a Slam.  There's no doubt in my mind though that Lendl and his sports psychologist, Alexis Castorri, have done a good job.  Most of Andy's problems have been in his head.  His game may need a few more tweaks, especially his inconsistent serving. but these will hopefully come now.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

What I really liked at the end of the US Open was the way ND walked round the net, to go up to Mr M and give him a hug, alongside of the official end of match handshake. Can't see Fed doing that.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

What I really liked at the end of the US Open was the way ND walked round the net, to go up to Mr M and give him a hug, alongside of the official end of match handshake. Can't see Fed doing that.

He will never do it....his ego comes int the way you see.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Yes - I agree.  You can see that Djok affords Andy a lot of respect.  I think that's what Federer lacks - respect for his opponent, and there's no excuse for that other than having to have your head surgically removed from up your own backside. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Oh well - confession time  Embarassed  I admit to voting that Federer would win in 2, based largely on the fact that Andy looked so unwell on court yesterday, and I was sure Fed would take advantage of the fact that he was ill.  Whatever his bug is I hope it doesn't trouble him tomorrow.  To lift the title for the 3rd consecutive year would be a real kick in the teeth for Fed as well as a great coup for Andy, but if he does lose, a loss to Djoko here isn't as bad as a loss to Fed.  I think Andy and Nole have a genuine respect and friendship for each other.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Actually, now thinking of it, Andy also has never done it..now that bothers me.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Oh well - confession time  Embarassed  I admit to voting that Federer would win in 2, based largely on the fact that Andy looked so unwell on court yesterday, and I was sure Fed would take advantage of the fact that he was ill.  Whatever his bug is I hope it doesn't trouble him tomorrow.  To lift the title for the 3rd consecutive year would be a real kick in the teeth for Fed as well as a great coup for Andy, but if he does lose, a loss to Djoko here isn't as bad as a loss to Fed.  I think Andy and Nole have a genuine respect and friendship for each other.

Seriously Ail???
Andy in 3 is reasonable at least...Federer was completely outplayed by Andy.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Aileen - don't feel bad - I, at one point, was one of the biggest doubters on here.  However, since Lendl came on board there's been an ongoing shift in Andy's self belief which is really palpable.   Long may it continue!
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Aileen, shame on you!!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

alright then I'll fess up too Aileen - I voted the same.  Usually even if I'm not sure Andy will win I'll vote with my heart rather than head.  But yesterday after the Stepanek match I was so sure he wouldn't have what was needed to beat Fed today when unwell that I thought it could be a quick win for smugfed.  I am SO happy to have been proved wrong and indeed my hopes started soaring after that first game when Andy came out all racquets blazing.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Am so pleased for Andy that at last all of his hard work is finally paying of.He's had some tough losses no doubt about that,but those tough losses have made him a better player.In my mind iv always thought technically he's the better player out of the top four guys.He can drop shot lob come to the net his serve is improving all of the time,and he will only get better and better as time goes on.Last weeks loss wasnt such a bad thing after all better that he do well here.And as we now know Andy was not well,when the real Andy turns up he's always gonna be hard to beat no matter what,it will all depend on how he's feeling on the day and his wins and losses will come to depend mostly on him hows he's feeling and weather he wants it enough on that particular day.Not discounting the GS he will always be up for those.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 74 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »