Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray vs Roger Federer - Shanghai Masters Semi Final (13th October 2012) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will the result be?
Murray in 2 - 8 (18.6%)
Federer in 2 - 7 (16.3%)
Murray in 3 - 25 (58.1%)
Federer in 3 - 2 (4.7%)
Smugfed has a mental break down and retires! - 1 (2.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 74 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray vs Roger Federer - Shanghai Masters Semi Final (13th October 2012)

(Read 15756 times)
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Post match interview with Andy is on ATP website. This may have been observed before, in which case I apologise
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

I followed most of the match on here and enjoyed all the banter! Nearly posted the song "Raindrops keep falling on my head" at one point then chickened out. Was it really played in the stadium?

Great to see Andy dominate Federer again. I didn't vote but I also doubted the outcome because of his health. My hope (rather than prediction) today was Andy in 3.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

It is so tough to keep your concentration when with one game to go to win the match and rain comes. I give so much credit to Andy for holding it all together.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Absolutely yes.  But I'm sure I wasn't the only person worried about a slack service game from Andy but, as it happens, twas Federer who went AWOL
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

They did play raindrops falling on my head back when fed was trying to get then to stop the match.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

I followed most of the match on here and enjoyed all the banter! Nearly posted the song "Raindrops keep falling on my head" at one point then chickened out. Was it really played in the stadium?

Great to see Andy dominate Federer again. I didn't vote but I also doubted the outcome because of his health. My hope (rather than prediction) today was Andy in 3.
I went for Andy in 3 because of his sickness.  You should've posted the song. Federer made himself look foolish and pathetic negotiating with the officials over a few rain drops, noticably at a crucial time, in order to buy a break and a bit of time.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

They did play raindrops falling on my head back when fed was trying to get then to stop the match.
Fat lot of good it did him.  I'm actually a bid sad about Fed.  He really has achieved so much and I'd love to respect him and like him, but I just don't any more.  He has a talent, a beautiful wife and beautiful children, but yet he still acts like a prick.  That's just not on in my book.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Paul Annecone sure did not look too happy during the match. I think he is seeing the demise of his player.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Poor pseudofed gonna be out of a job soon
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Fat lot of good it did him.  I'm actually a bid sad about Fed.  He really has achieved so much and I'd love to respect him and like him, but I just don't any more.  He has a talent, a beautiful wife and beautiful children, but yet he still acts like a pri*k.  That's just not on in my book.

Yep ...his record appears amazing...but for me to consider someone a great champion... requires not just talent and an impressive trophy collection. It requires humulity win or lose. He has none of that. His comments towards not just Andy but fellow competitors are often disgraceful. Sooo Roggey ...in my book you aint great... and are not the greatest... despite your numerical collection.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Paul Annecone sure did not look too happy during the match. I think he is seeing the demise of his player.
Well - it's on the cards at 31.  As I said before - just retire with a smile and some dignity and recognise you've been the best and wish the up and coming younger guys well instead of trying to recapture what has gone. It's really not rocket science - and if he does continue down the road of still thinking he's unbeatable he'll just look like a chump - and that's what people will remember. 
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Fat lot of good it did him.  I'm actually a bid sad about Fed.  He really has achieved so much and I'd love to respect him and like him, but I just don't any more.  He has a talent, a beautiful wife and beautiful children, but yet he still acts like a pri*k.  That's just not on in my book.
Agree, arrogance just doesn't fit well with me. I used to think he just didn't have a good handle on the English language and didn't realize what he was saying, but after a while I knew it was just arrogance. I think the worst was when he came in to wimby with his gold bag and jacket with #15 on it before winning the match. Yuck
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Laughable in retrospect, but not funny at the time.  Somebody clearly had a weird sense of humour!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

For your viewing pleasure, here is Fed's post match interview.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/Uploaded/2012/10/13/Shanghai-2012-Saturday-Interview-Federer.aspx
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Oh well - confession time  Embarassed  I admit to voting that Federer would win in 2, based largely on the fact that Andy looked so unwell on court yesterday, and I was sure Fed would take advantage of the fact that he was ill.  Whatever his bug is I hope it doesn't trouble him tomorrow.  To lift the title for the 3rd consecutive year would be a real kick in the teeth for Fed as well as a great coup for Andy, but if he does lose, a loss to Djoko here isn't as bad as a loss to Fed.  I think Andy and Nole have a genuine respect and friendship for each other.
Well you were pessimistic there Aileen, but since it's you- you are forgiven Smile I was uneasy 'cos of his health issue, it can really affect play, but he seems to be shaking it off nicely.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 74 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »