Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray vs Roger Federer - Shanghai Masters Semi Final (13th October 2012) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will the result be?
Murray in 2 - 8 (18.6%)
Federer in 2 - 7 (16.3%)
Murray in 3 - 25 (58.1%)
Federer in 3 - 2 (4.7%)
Smugfed has a mental break down and retires! - 1 (2.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray vs Roger Federer - Shanghai Masters Semi Final (13th October 2012)

(Read 16688 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

The majority of the Federer fanbase are so incredibly bitter, and so unable to see that. Irrational, arrogant, a bit thick and oh so bitter. They're an embarrassment.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

The majority of the Federer fanbase are so incredibly bitter, and so unable to see that. Irrational, arrogant, a bit thick and oh so bitter. They're an embarrassment.
They just want their man to win - we may feel the same way when Andy has wiped the floor with them all and has turned 31.  I'm not defending RF - just playing devil's advocate.  Lets face it - there are some fans on here who take bitter to a whole new level!
[ Last edit by Elly October 13, 2012, 07:31 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

They just want their man to win - we may feel the same way when Andy has wiped the floor with them all and has turned 31.  I'm not defending RF - just playing devil's advocate.  Lets face it - there are some fans on here who take bitter to a whole new level!
Perhaps, but most on here can at least appreciate when the other guy has played well and give credit where's it due. Most on here aren't irritated by the other top guys purely because they beat Andy, or despise Nadal or Djokovic simply for being good. They despise all three of Nadal, Djokovic and Murray because they are better than their man and they can't take it or admit it. It's truly pathetic.

That said the hatred of Raonic on here could be seen as equally irrational and bitter and I don't condone that at all. His serving can be irritating but I don't dislike the man for making the best of his abilities and I give him credit where it's due; he's put in two very good performances against Andy. Truth be told I like seeing the younger generation coming through and doing well, I like change.

The twisted bitterness of the Federer crowd who actually despise the top three for.. well, for beating him pretty much. That's pathetic and says a lot about them that A) they have to jump on to the bandwagon of someone they have no link to for fulfilment in their own lives and B) genuinely despise someone they've never met for no reason other than they dare to try and beat their man.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

I don't despise any other man in the top 4, and Djoker is the guy I root for after Andy. Whereas most fed fans will not acknowledge any of the others...

You also make a good point about Raonic TMH. He is a hot prospect and I don't know why people are denying that. Also his cockiness? Well not everyone has to stick to the generic humble nature most people ascosiate with players, and if being cocky gives him added drive to win, who cares..
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Just watched Andy's interview. He seems so much more confident these days, speaks a lot clearer and gives a really good impression. Very respectful to Federer and to Djokovic. He speaks very well.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Perhaps, but most on here can at least appreciate when the other guy has played well and give credit where's it due. Most on here aren't irritated by the other top guys purely because they beat Andy, or despise Nadal or Djokovic simply for being good. They despise all three of Nadal, Djokovic and Murray because they are better than their man and they can't take it or admit it. It's truly pathetic.

That said the hatred of Raonic on here could be seen as equally irrational and bitter and I don't condone that at all. His serving can be irritating but I don't dislike the man for making the best of his abilities and I give him credit where it's due; he's put in two very good performances against Andy. Truth be told I like seeing the younger generation coming through and doing well, I like change.

The twisted bitterness of the Federer crowd who actually despise the top three for.. well, for beating him pretty much. That's pathetic and says a lot about them that A) they have to jump on to the bandwagon of someone they have no link to for fulfilment in their own lives and B) genuinely despise someone they've never met for no reason other than they dare to try and beat their man.
I think passion is irrational, hon.  However, it doesn't stand to reason that all Fed fans are bitter and twisted.  Totally loads are on a bandwagon, and that makes them really sad people.  I do think some fans on here despise Andy's opponents, and to be honest I have little respect for them.  Of course we want our guy to win, but what gets me is that if he puts one foot wrong - they are like a bunch of vultures and the ridiculing comes very quickly.  Not sure that's what you'd want to expect from so called supporters.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

I personally dislike Berdych and Raonic simply because of their arrogance. I was prepared to give Raonic a second chance after the US Open, but after Japan I have given up on him. You can only excuse youth for so much - the level of arrogance from somebody who so far has not achieved much is wearing. Admittedly I dislike any player who might beat Murray, but I am coming round to several players. I have a lot of time for Baghdatis because of the sportsmanship he showed in that Wimbledon match, and I was really glad Tsonga got an Olympic medal.  I have more time for both Nadal and ND these days because they seem to have some respect for Murray. When Murray is playing any other player though that player becomes my no 1 enemy...!!!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Who are Berdych and Raonic???  Very Happy
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Another funny theme on  the Federer fan forum, was the complaints about the scheduling. One person said Federer was always shifted about, but iirc, all his matches were at around 1pm GMT and the last match on court... not really being shifted around much there, unless they're really picky and getting caught up by him starting a match a few minutes later than the last Smile.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

I think passion is irrational, hon.  However, it doesn't stand to reason that all Fed fans are bitter and twisted.  Totally loads are on a bandwagon, and that makes them really sad people.  I do think some fans on here despise Andy's opponents, and to be honest I have little respect for them.  Of course we want our guy to win, but what gets me is that if he puts one foot wrong - they are like a bunch of vultures and the ridiculing comes very quickly.  Not sure that's what you'd want to expect from so called supporters.
I hate generalisation and at no point claimed they were all like that. I claimed here 'the majority', although I neglected to mention 'that I've come into contact with' (as I mentioned that before in a similar post the other day).

But ye, going off my experiences of the Federer fans I've met or read opinions of online. That's not to say the majority of all his fans - I expect there are many genuine, respectable fans out there who simply don't resort to the internet to insult his competitors.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

They just want their man to win - we may feel the same way when Andy has wiped the floor with them all and has turned 31.  I'm not defending RF - just playing devil's advocate.  Lets face it - there are some fans on here who take bitter to a whole new level!

We all want our own man to win.    I can still support Andy even when he curses his way through a match or when he smashes his racket - I'd have been happy today for him to smash it over Fed's head - but I think I'd draw the line if he ever did what Fed did today.   I was so proud of Andy - he's a true sportsman and a real
gentleman.
IP Logged
killieboyd
Junior

Feeders lack of practice excuse takes the biscuit!
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Three double foults; most strange game today.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

You also make a good point about Raonic TMH. He is a hot prospect and I don't know why people are denying that. Also his cockiness? Well not everyone has to stick to the generic humble nature most people ascosiate with players, and if being cocky gives him added drive to win, who cares..

Yeah, some extremely strong descriptives bandied about on our forum about Milos..... pugface, jumped up, arrogant upstart, despise to the core, getting ideas above his station, revolting.. .. to name just a few.

Almost sounds Fedfan-like.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

I don't despise any other man in the top 4, and Djoker is the guy I root for after Andy. Whereas most fed fans will not acknowledge any of the others...

Yep...sport is all the better with different characters.... its not a likeability contest. Raonic has potential to be better than 'just a big server'. The problem I had with him was his rash statements about how players at the top tennis should be concerned about his play rather than him theirs. Milos matey ...at least win something of note before you say that...just so people dont think you're a twat.

Other than that totally agree.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »