Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray vs Roger Federer - Shanghai Masters Semi Final (13th October 2012) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will the result be?
Murray in 2 - 8 (18.6%)
Federer in 2 - 7 (16.3%)
Murray in 3 - 25 (58.1%)
Federer in 3 - 2 (4.7%)
Smugfed has a mental break down and retires! - 1 (2.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray vs Roger Federer - Shanghai Masters Semi Final (13th October 2012)

(Read 18345 times)
Apollo
World No 1

Ye
I'v just seen this on twitter-

"Mixed emotions to see Federer unable to get anywhere near the quality of tennis Murray now plays. Passing of the flame."

At least this guy is acknowledging that Andy actually played his part in the match-to read some of their comments you'd think Smugfed had graciously bowed down before everyone and declared that he was going to let Andy win!
Yes they forget the beating Andy gave him in the Olympics
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Three double foults; most strange game today.
Best part of the match.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Yeah, some extremely strong descriptives bandied about on our forum about Milos..... pugface, jumped up, arrogant upstart, despise to the core, getting ideas above his station, revolting.. .. to name just a few.

Almost sounds Fedfan-like.

Whilst I do not like RF the man there can be no doubt about his talent and achievements, it is just his arrogance that I find so hard to take, also his almost utter disdain and contempt of Andy that was mentioned by Peter Fleming on Sky today.  I do think that the tour needs a constantly evolving mix of characters to keep everyone interested.  Ranoic brings something different, he is not just a big server but has other elements that are going to make him a really great player.  I think people (myself included) got slightly hacked at his comments before the USO but on reflection players need a certain amount of front and I think that is all it was, since that defeat at the USO I have read a few comments from Ranoic saying how Murray has been an inspiration to the younger players etc.  Remember when Andy was young and infamously got his fingers burnt by the  press with that whole Scotland / England jibe.......  It is just a learning curve and some of these guys are growing up in front of the camera and an audience of millions!!
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Whilst I do not like RF the man there can be no doubt about his talent and achievements, it is just his arrogance that I find so hard to take, also his almost utter disdain and contempt of Andy that was mentioned by Peter Fleming on Sky today.  I do think that the tour needs a constantly evolving mix of characters to keep everyone interested.  Ranoic brings something different, he is not just a big server but has other elements that are going to make him a really great player.  I think people (myself included) got slightly hacked at his comments before the USO but on reflection players need a certain amount of front and I think that is all it was, since that defeat at the USO I have read a few comments from Ranoic saying how Murray has been an inspiration to the younger players etc.  Remember when Andy was young and infamously got his fingers burnt by the  press with that whole Scotland / England jibe.......  It is just a learning curve and some of these guys are growing up in front of the camera and an audience of millions!!

Good posting!

I've really been little more than a Wimbledon follower/watcher tennis wise until I got interested in Andy's career (please don't hate me  Whistle) so I can only compare this with my attitude to certain young Formula 1 drivers who've (in my eyes) got a bit too big for their boots at times. It's very easy to forget they are growing up in the public eye and that comments can be a combination of confidence and (dare I say it) a lack of media training as much as real arrogance. Don't get me started on football players though.  :p

I thought Milos was very respectful after the USO defeat and spoke in a way that showed some maturity. I admit some of his comments in Japan were more cocky. Would be interested to see what he said after losing the final actually to make a fairer comparison.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Judge for yourself scotjules:

After his win over Andy:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/Uploaded/2012/10/6/Tokyo-2012-Saturday-Interview-Raonic.aspx

After his loss to Kei:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/Uploaded/2012/10/7/Tokyo-2012-Sunday-Final-Interview-Raonic.aspx

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/more-sports/kei-nishikori-defeats-canadas-milos-raonic-to-win-japan-open/article4594955/
"He was able to read my serve well, which usually doesn't happen," ..I wish I could have started better,"  "I let him get away to the good start. I didn't take enough opportunities and didn't go for my shots like I did in the last two matches."
"In the third set I started to feel a bit heavy and was not moving well,"  "He kept going for his shots even more. I was a bit late on everything.

"The third set was not so different than the other two, but he was getting behind the ball and hitting deep," said Raonic. "He was preventing me from going forward and putting pressure on him."

IP Logged
CoolDude
Futures Level

us open champion 2012

was great match and i am so happy he won Smile
he played good
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

scottjules, federer reminds me of alonso in F1 dont ya think lol
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

excellent match today, was loving hw murray was inside federers head, forcing him to make more errors THATS why he made 3 DF on the trot, SSSOOOO funny
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Thanks for those scotnadian. Can't fault him in any of those interviews.

Back to this match. So good to see Andy win so convincingly and not let the interruptions to the match disrupt him. I think this is one of the major changes in him, how he doesn't let such incidents phase him for any length of time.

scottjules, federer reminds me of alonso in F1 dont ya think lol

Lol, he was one of the names that came to my mind!

[ Last edit by scotjules October 13, 2012, 11:42 PM ] IP Logged
colin
Satellite Level

The Mail or Mailonline seem to have rumbled Fed. You can read it's article on the match here
[ Last edit by colin October 14, 2012, 12:01 AM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Its funny how quickly peoples opinions change..... not so long ago.. during Wimby and immediately after ...comms, media, smugfed sheep predicting continuing dominance for Fed... and now? Fed losing is merely him getting old....boll**ks... I can understand that after a gruelling slam 5 setter... but not over 2 sets ..aged 31. Agassi performed not too shabby at that age....erm well actually when he was 33 he won the Ozzie Open.
Fed's demise began with the genuine competition provided by firstly Nadal, then Djoko...and now Andy.
I agree entirely ABF! After all, Stepanek, who gave Andy such a hard time on Friday is 33!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

@ABF
Don't forget Andy first beat Fed when he was something like 18.
That was during Fed's pomp and arguably his best year too. yay
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

@ABF
Don't forget Andy first beat Fed when he was something like 18.
That was during Fed's pomp and arguably his best year too. yay

Which tournament was that??
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Great day made all the better for Andy putting SmugFed in his place.

In fact the medical time-out requested by Djokovic was at the same level as Federer's disgraceful time-wasting.

Also I am beginning to feel that Federer will make 2013 his final year on the ATP circuit. He is starting to show his 31 years. If my assumptions are correct, then I shall admit to regret this as I know that everytime Andy is placed against Federer a victory is a stone cold certainty.

Caz, too much of the liquid grape is not good for you. Don't overdo it, but have a drink for me to toast wir Andy.
Sorry OSS.......No can do! Nothing in the house and never drink in the daytime anyway! Tell you what, I'll have another cup of  shall I?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

sorry Caz but like Aileen it was purely because he wasn't well - am I forgiven?
Hey Ruthie......I wasn't accusing.......just saying!  hug
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »