Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 20 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion

(Read 11580 times)
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #150 on: July 13, 2013, 02:35 PM »

Amazing reports and film clips keep being posted. I think about it every day still even though it will be a week ago tomorrow.
I have to repeat to myself daily: Andy Murray is Wimbledon Champion.   yay
He won in 3 straight sets against Novak Djokovic.  cmon yeah

Oh my, dizzy aunt!!  Little tongue man
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #151 on: July 13, 2013, 05:04 PM »

hugo @ july 9th, 5.24

"Anyway, i just view the media as the biggest ''Andy-come-lately's''(whoever coined that, let me shake their hand) of the lot and i only just learned here at MW that Andy was pointing at the media box straight after he had won. It all makes sense now!!!"

It was I - you can have a  hug   Part of me feels quite resentful at them all but then I tell myself not to be selfish.  We can't keep Andy to ourselves and we've always wanted him to receive the recognition and respect that he deserves. And now they even talk about how the nation has come to love Andy, totally ignoring those of us who have loved him for years.

I've had a really busy week but have found it so difficult concentrating on matters at hand as have just wanted to think about the wonder of it all and savour it.  I've managed to accumulate acres of newsprint about Andy but haven't even been able to read it all yet or watch Today at W or the documentary.  But that means I have so much to look forward to during the next few weeks of tennis desert  yay

oh and kava @ july 9th - great post but I saw that look of unadulterated joy on Andy's face when he won gold also and  I have pictures up in my kitchen to prove it! 
[ Last edit by Ruthie July 13, 2013, 07:01 PM ] IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #152 on: July 14, 2013, 03:36 PM »

I have put my page from The Record newspaper up on the wall of my wee room which I use as an office.It takes pride of place on the wall. Andy Murray Wimbledon King it looks so good up on the wall I hope there are many more to come.
IP Logged
clementine
Satellite Level

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #153 on: July 14, 2013, 06:26 PM »

I have to say there is a wonderful sense of joy and satisfaction in being right all along about our Andy.  Just as there was an overwhelming sense of everything being right in the world when he held that golden cup aloft.  He so deserved it and yet, in taking his time in such an intensely difficult era, he made winning Wimbledon such a very important and dignified occasion.  He was ready, simple as.  He's worked his socks off, hand-picked his team, stayed loyal to his family and friends, not sucked up to the establishment and media, made difficult decisions about his coaches, and stayed amazingly single-minded while going about his dedicated business.

For those of us who've been behind him every step of the way it is impossible to believe that so many people couldn't see what was so obvious to us - Andy is an absolute superstar made even more appealing because of his reticence to push himself into the limelight and so down to earth and genuinely humble.  How he does it is a mystery - with his talent, looks, build, sense of fun and intelligence it would be oh-so-easy to go down the primrose path that some other successful sportsmen have taken.  He is, as Petch often says, very special indeed. 

The pride and joy experienced by the whole country last Sunday is as nothing when compared to the emotions experienced bv Andy's fiercely loyal, longstanding true supporters.  He's become one of the family for us, we play out every point with him, share the happiness when he wins and the sadness when he loses.  We know just by looking at him that something isn't right, and then we recognise instantly when he begins to restore order halfway through a match and goes into one of his purple patches when he hits the ball in a way no human being has a right to.

It's like we know him and the guys around him.  And we do, from a tennis perspective.  And yet, somehow, remarkably, Andy has managed to protect his and their private lives in a media-crazed world.  He hasn't put a foot wrong, his timing is perfect.  His arrival as Wimbledon champion was written, it was inevitable.  With so many Federer/Nadal worshippers (public and media) crowing about Wimbledon losing much of its appeal following their early departures, it fell to Andy Murray, the reluctant hero, to take on the mantle of King of Wimbledon.  And, boy, did he just!  He owned Centre Court and the Centre Court crowd.  The global media fell at his feet.

This was no ordinary Wimbledon champion, not that any of them are.  This was the Special One.  The one we'd all been waiting for.  Andy's dream (and ours) came true - this was the one he'd been waiting for too.  He had the look of an heir-expectant the previous Saturday when, as the reigning Olympic champion, he'd surveyed his kingdom from the royal box, and thus history was made and the waiting was over.  The biggest prize in individual sport going to the nicest guy in the world.  wub
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #154 on: July 14, 2013, 06:52 PM »

Clementine ,that is so beautifully written and O how true.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #155 on: July 14, 2013, 07:27 PM »

Clementine, I couldn't have put it better myself and I am a professional writer in a small way. Your words echoed my feelings of complete and utter joy when he lifted that trophy, having waited and watched for so many years as he struggled his way to the top. Andy is someone it takes time to know - and I have watched him over 5-7 years, read his biography and most of all watched him grow into a thoroughly decent, down to earth young man - unaffected by the fame and money he has accrued. There is no-one like him and never will be, and I hope he goes on to win more titles and in doing so give us even more pride in him. I wish only happiness for him - he already has success and money but as we all know true happiness can be very elusive, although with Kim he has an excellent chance of achieving it.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #156 on: July 14, 2013, 07:28 PM »

Clementine, I couldn't have put it better myself and I am a professional writer in a small way. Your words echoed my feelings of complete and utter joy when he lifted that trophy, having waited and watched for so many years as he struggled his way to the top. Andy is someone it takes time to know - and I have watched him over 5-7 years, read his biography and most of all watched him grow into a thoroughly decent, down to earth young man - unaffected by the fame and money he has accrued. There is no-one like him and never will be, and I hope he goes on to win more titles and in doing so give us even more pride in him. I wish only happiness for him - he already has success and money but as we all know true happiness can be very elusive, although with Kim he has an excellent chance of achieving it.

You don't use pseudo names do you? Unlike another certain literary figure. #jesting
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #157 on: July 14, 2013, 07:33 PM »

hugo @ july 9th, 5.24

"Anyway, i just view the media as the biggest ''Andy-come-lately's''(whoever coined that, let me shake their hand) of the lot and i only just learned here at MW that Andy was pointing at the media box straight after he had won. It all makes sense now!!!"

It was I - you can have a  hug   Part of me feels quite resentful at them all but then I tell myself not to be selfish.  We can't keep Andy to ourselves and we've always wanted him to receive the recognition and respect that he deserves. And now they even talk about how the nation has come to love Andy, totally ignoring those of us who have loved him for years.

I've had a really busy week but have found it so difficult concentrating on matters at hand as have just wanted to think about the wonder of it all and savour it.  I've managed to accumulate acres of newsprint about Andy but haven't even been able to read it all yet or watch Today at W or the documentary.  But that means I have so much to look forward to during the next few weeks of tennis desert  yay

oh and kava @ july 9th - great post but I saw that look of unadulterated joy on Andy's face when he won gold also and  I have pictures up in my kitchen to prove it! 
Ruthie - just catching up on this thread. Had a lot to catch up on after last week when I was glued to the TV. Last Sunday was wonderful - may there be a few repeats, he has the confidence now. Maybe now too he can find real happiness with Kim. I hope we can look forward to watching him achieve this kind of happiness now he has achieved many of his professional aims.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #158 on: July 14, 2013, 07:38 PM »

Eloquently written post Clementine - I'm sure you echo the feelings of all Andy's loyal fans - we'll said!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #159 on: July 14, 2013, 09:17 PM »

Every word is true Clementine he is a true champion and a nice laddie as we say in Scotland.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #160 on: July 14, 2013, 10:37 PM »

Lovely post Clementine, thanks.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #161 on: July 14, 2013, 11:12 PM »

Beautifully put Clementine, thank you.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #162 on: July 15, 2013, 12:23 AM »

I whole-heartedly second that, Jan.
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #163 on: July 15, 2013, 05:07 PM »

hugo @ july 9th, 5.24

It was I - you can have a  hug   Part of me feels quite resentful at them all but then I tell myself not to be selfish.  We can't keep Andy to ourselves and we've always wanted him to receive the recognition and respect that he deserves. And now they even talk about how the nation has come to love Andy, totally ignoring those of us who have loved him for years.

I've had a really busy week but have found it so difficult concentrating on matters at hand as have just wanted to think about the wonder of it all and savour it.  I've managed to accumulate acres of newsprint about Andy but haven't even been able to read it all yet or watch Today at W or the documentary.  But that means I have so much to look forward to during the next few weeks of tennis desert  yay

Ruthie!Will change that handshake to a big kiss darlin!! kiss

Have been walking about all week, sniggering away to myself every-time i think of ''Andy-come-lately'' sheer class!!!
Andy is now the darling of British sport. Let us just revel from now on!!!

Clementine. What a wonderfully written piece that just nails what i am sure most people here at MW think. Thank you for putting into words what i feel about Andy!!

I'm still on top of the world over a week later. Am looking forward to the Roger's cup where i hope i can be a calmer Andy watcher. That's my post Wimbledon goal. Only time will tell.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #164 on: July 15, 2013, 05:29 PM »

Not surprisingly Andy's win has upped the already considerable interest shown in Cromlix House.  [See News Articles - http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/andy-murray/news-articles/msg915400/?topicseen#new]
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 20 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »