Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 20 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion  (Read 9568 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #165 on: July 15, 2013, 05:43 PM »

I've just read your lovely post now Clementine-beautiful!Thanks for expressing so clearly what so many of us have been feeling hug
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #166 on: July 15, 2013, 08:46 PM »

Am looking forward to all the hulabaloo surrounding Andy's homecoming. The olympic & U.S open homecoming was great but this will be magical!!

Better be televised!!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #167 on: July 15, 2013, 08:55 PM »

Am looking forward to all the hulabaloo surrounding Andy's homecoming. The olympic & U.S open homecoming was great but this will be magical!!

Better be televised!!!
I'm sure his last homecoming was televised by the BBC, either that or I saw it online.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #168 on: July 15, 2013, 09:08 PM »

I'm sure his last homecoming was televised by the BBC, either that or I saw it online.

It was on all the news channels but I don't think it was televised and screened as an hour program or anything like that.

I thought he might do it before flying off to Miami for training but now he's in Bahamas then straight to Miami that certainly aint gonna happen Frown which means now its gonna be sometime after us open/Davis cup so we r talking mid to late September now Frown
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #169 on: July 15, 2013, 09:11 PM »

Shame really, not that it isn't gonna be amazing if and when he does it but I just think it would have been so much more magical if he had done it straight afterwards when everyone was still high on euphoria.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #170 on: July 15, 2013, 10:13 PM »

Ruthie!Will change that handshake to a big kiss darlin!! kiss

Have been walking about all week, sniggering away to myself every-time i think of ''Andy-come-lately'' sheer class!!!
Andy is now the darling of British sport. Let us just revel from now on!!!

Clementine. What a wonderfully written piece that just nails what i am sure most people here at MW think. Thank you for putting into words what i feel about Andy!!

I'm still on top of the world over a week later. Am looking forward to the Roger's cup where i hope i can be a calmer Andy watcher. That's my post Wimbledon goal. Only time will tell.

Seem to remember I had that hope after USO Hugo but it wasn't to be  Whistle  Somehow I think we're on the roller coaster until Andy lays down his racquet.
 hug

Clementine: my thanks too for a beautiful post. 
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #171 on: July 16, 2013, 12:01 AM »

I think the home coming should have been before  Andy went off on Holiday. If he doesn't win the USO he might be a little less enthuasiastic at the homecoming.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #172 on: July 16, 2013, 12:31 AM »

It was on all the news channels but I don't think it was televised and screened as an hour program or anything like that.
I know the whole thing wasn't shown but I seem to recall seeing parts of it being shown from time to time on either BBC Scotland or STV.  My memory's not so good these days old so maybe I just dreamt it!

Seem to remember I had that hope after USO Hugo but it wasn't to be  Whistle  Somehow I think we're on the roller coaster until Andy lays down his racquet.
Me too Ruthie!  I'm not sure I'd want it any other way though.  Somehow it just wouldn't be Andy if all his matches went relatively smoothly.

I think the home coming should have been before  Andy went off on Holiday. If he doesn't win the USO he might be a little less enthuasiastic at the homecoming.
Good point PE. 
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #173 on: July 19, 2013, 07:15 PM »

3,000 people packed into Edinburgh's Festival Square to watch the match, and this was their reaction to his win.  Yes Andy - you did send Djokovic home to think again!

I've just got round to looking at this one. It actually made me cry! It's all those people singing Flower of Scotland like that. Awesome stuff!
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #174 on: July 19, 2013, 07:20 PM »

Don't think it will make any difference either to Andy or the crowd.     What he likes about coming home is that people tell him how proud they are of him, win or lose.
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #175 on: July 19, 2013, 07:54 PM »

Andy has elevated himself to god like status back home. Don't you worry, the homecoming will be something special. He is down in history now as one of the greatest Scottish sporting heroes.
Don't mean for this to sound all ''Andy's oors'' but everyone is just so proud of him back home & Dunblane will be the place to be.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #176 on: July 19, 2013, 08:03 PM »

Andy has elevated himself to god like status back home. Don't you worry, the homecoming will be something special. He is down in history now as one of the greatest Scottish sporting heroes.
Don't mean for this to sound all ''Andy's oors'' but everyone is just so proud of him back home & Dunblane will be the place to be.

I will be there for sure Hugo Wink

But to be honest I haven't a clue when on earth he will fit it in....after US open its straight to Croatia then now he's playing Thailand straight after..
[ Last edit by angiebabez July 19, 2013, 08:07 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #177 on: July 19, 2013, 08:26 PM »

I've just got round to looking at this one. It actually made me cry! It's all those people singing Flower of Scotland like that. Awesome stuff!
That and the fact that the crowd goes absolutely hysterical with delight when they realise Andy's won.  Shame we can't export them to all the Slams!

I agree with that.  Whether he wins or loses the USO will be a total irrelevance.

I will be there for sure Hugo Wink

But to be honest I haven't a clue when on earth he will fit it in....after US open its straight to Croatia then now he's playing Thailand straight after..
But will he still play in Croatia?  I know he's committed himself, but if he gets to the final that's going to take place on the Monday and the DC starts on the Friday, so it's going to be pretty tough on him if he keeps that commitment (thinking about jetlag, fatigue and the sudden change of surface) - and if he wins it, well I reckon playing in Umag would be virtually impossible given all the media commitments he would have.  I still think the other lads should be left to get on with it because even if GB lose we won't be relegated.

IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #178 on: July 19, 2013, 09:02 PM »

I can't see him not doing it again. There was such a big deal made last time about him definitely committing himself to September's tie must admit thought it was a bit silly at the time since so much could and has happened between Feb and September but who knows. It does seem like such a waste of time though.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #179 on: July 19, 2013, 10:11 PM »

Can you imagine the fall out if he doesn't play though.  The fickle fans will turn against him again.  The press too will have a field day.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 20 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »