Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 20 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion

(Read 12410 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #210 on: July 25, 2013, 01:51 AM »

I see Royal Mail are doing more stamps.  I had found a link for a magazine The Mirror had put together after Andy's win but can't seem to find it now.

* Stamps.JPG (36.05 KB, 447x418 - viewed 231 times.)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #211 on: July 25, 2013, 02:01 AM »

Watched it again myself. Loved seeing Kim's ''oh my god'' again!!
That was magic!  I confess though that I hadn't watched the updated documentary, just the pre-Wimbledon one, so saw that for the first time.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #212 on: July 25, 2013, 03:32 AM »

I see Royal Mail are doing more stamps.  I had found a link for a magazine The Mirror had put together after Andy's win but can't seem to find it now.

http://www.mirrorcollection.co.uk/products/details/search_results/andy_murray/
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #213 on: July 25, 2013, 03:53 AM »

I'd order it, but given the trashy papers that The Mirror and The Record are, I'm not sure what the quality of this 84 page magazine might be, unless it's been put together by another publisher on their behalf.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #214 on: July 25, 2013, 06:06 AM »

Thats the one!  goodjob

I'd order it, but given the trashy papers that The Mirror and The Record are, I'm not sure what the quality of this 84 page magazine might be, unless it's been put together by another publisher on their behalf.

Yes, had wondered about that.  The could give you a taster Think
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #215 on: July 25, 2013, 06:09 AM »

Stamps available from 8th August Very Happy

http://shop.royalmail.com/issue-by-issue/andy-murray-wimbledon-champion/icat/andymurraywimbledonchampi

* Stamps 1.JPG (125.24 KB, 1022x577 - viewed 54 times.)
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #216 on: July 25, 2013, 07:30 AM »

I have the Mirror/Daily Record magazine and it is very good.  I bought it through Amazon and it was here within 48 hours.  I think it was about £4.00.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #217 on: July 25, 2013, 07:44 AM »

I have the Mirror/Daily Record magazine and it is very good.  I bought it through Amazon and it was here within 48 hours.  I think it was about £4.00.

It is very good and well worth the 4 pounds. I bought mine at Morrisons off the magazine stands.
So far they are the only publisher to do a Wimbledon Andy special 'glossy'. So I grabbed it as soon as I saw it.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #218 on: July 25, 2013, 09:59 AM »

It is very good and well worth the 4 pounds. I bought mine at Morrisons off the magazine stands.
So far they are the only publisher to do a Wimbledon Andy special 'glossy'. So I grabbed it as soon as I saw it.

I thought it was good too. I oredered mine online and wasn't disappointed at all with it. I think the pictures in it are great and they managed to reflect what a momentous moment it was for Andy, but also for sport.
IP Logged
althusser
Junior

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #219 on: July 25, 2013, 10:18 AM »

so many reasons to feel pleased about this victory - it is also now even more fun to re-watch some of his earlier classic wimbledon matches e.g. Gasquet 08, Wawrinka 09 etc. knowing that it is all part of a story leading to the pinnacle of this summer.

IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #220 on: July 25, 2013, 01:21 PM »

I bought it in a supermarket - its (was?) quite widely available - its actually quite good quality in production and content.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #221 on: July 25, 2013, 01:27 PM »

have ordered the Mirror thing from their website but not arrived yet; ordered stamps [hope I don't have to wait months like I did for the Olympic ones] and have just received the dvd of the final from that website which sells them really cheaply, which I think tj told us about (also ordered the Robredo match as I thought Andy played so beautifully that evening + the queens charity match as want to keep the moment Andy jumped around like a little child having hit Lendl for ever).
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #222 on: July 25, 2013, 01:47 PM »

have just received the dvd of the final

I have just finished watching my copy of the dvd. Its split into sections ( although you can watch the entire match) - Intro, set 1, set 2, set 3 and presentation, and one really annoying thing is that set 3 finishes immediately on Djokovic netting the ball and although the action continues immediately in the final section you lose the impetus of the championship point. The sound quality of the commentary is not brilliant either. Its the BBC transmission, so I assume its the "Official" version.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #223 on: July 25, 2013, 05:14 PM »

thanks for warning 5rings. Probably won't watch for a while now as finally watched Today at W last weekend - had me all tense and then in tears all over again.  It was almost as if part of me couldn't quite believe it had all happened. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #224 on: July 25, 2013, 09:49 PM »

I bought it in a supermarket - its (was?) quite widely available - its actually quite good quality in production and content.
Then hopefully I'll find a copy of it in the supermarket I use, and if I think it's worth the money then I'll buy it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 20 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »