Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion

(Read 10374 times)
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #240 on: July 28, 2013, 05:54 PM »

thanks folks - sounds like I can do without adding Beano to my growing pile of Andy memorabilia
I'm running out of shelf space!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #241 on: July 28, 2013, 07:41 PM »

I know what you mean Iris. Just bought some nice brightly coloured box files to keep all the Wimbledon cuttings in [but with Steve Bell cartoon on my fridge door].
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #242 on: July 28, 2013, 08:05 PM »

I know the feeling I have a lot of Andy photographs in frames on my hall wall not much room for any more. I have now started in my spare room (office) already got three a big one like a poster from the papers and I am expecting the new stamps which I will frame.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #243 on: July 28, 2013, 08:10 PM »

I know the feeling I have a lot of Andy photographs in frames on my hall wall not much room for any more. I have now started in my spare room (office) already got three a big one like a poster from the papers and I am expecting the new stamps which I will frame.

Your lucky to have an understanding hubby Maggie.. Gordon said he would throw me out in the street along with my life sized Andy cardboard cut out lol Wink
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #244 on: July 29, 2013, 07:07 AM »

Oh my......I hope he's kidding Angie! I'd hate to think of you traipsin' round the streets of Glesga wi' a suitcase in one hand and a lifesize Andy Murray tucked under yer ockster!   Whistle
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #245 on: July 29, 2013, 12:41 PM »

I know I'm lucky Angie, Keith loves the tennis to and puts up with all my pictures and so forth he is just as bad as me a right Murray fan. Does Gordon like the tennis? hope so as when Andy is playing we are as bad as each other shouting and me hiding behind my cushion.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #246 on: July 29, 2013, 01:55 PM »

He does watch the odd match with me if Andy is playing Maggie but he doesn't follow it religiously like I do. He wasn't with me for Wimbledon final but did admit to me he welled up a bit when Andy won as he was proud he had finally done it!  He just teases me about my obsession with Andy but he does know how much tennis and Andy means to me so he just let's me get on with it lol
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #247 on: August 01, 2013, 09:08 PM »

The Beano was my favourite as a child, although I liked the Dandy too. Smile
I used to get the Beano too. Looked forward to it comeing every week, on a Wednesday I think. Hope someone scannes some of the pictures and posts them on here.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #248 on: August 05, 2013, 07:00 AM »

Having become fed up with the excuses being made for Nole's loss I have been pointing out to my friends that Andy did not have an easy SF and he also had a tough match against Verdasco (5 sets) where as Nole only had one 5 setter.  They tend to be quite then.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #249 on: August 05, 2013, 11:15 AM »

Good for you Tamila, you tell them! Very Happy
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #250 on: August 05, 2013, 11:31 AM »

Having become fed up with the excuses being made for Nole's loss I have been pointing out to my friends that Andy did not have an easy SF and he also had a tough match against Verdasco (5 sets) where as Nole only had one 5 setter.  They tend to be quite then.

Spot on.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #251 on: August 05, 2013, 11:31 AM »

He does watch the odd match with me if Andy is playing Maggie but he doesn't follow it religiously like I do. He wasn't with me for Wimbledon final but did admit to me he welled up a bit when Andy won as he was proud he had finally done it!  He just teases me about my obsession with Andy but he does know how much tennis and Andy means to me so he just let's me get on with it lol

Boak
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #252 on: August 05, 2013, 02:20 PM »

When Andy climbed up to greet his team, who were the three commentators in the box, left to right that he shook hands with? Did he shake hands with the one on the left?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #253 on: August 05, 2013, 02:31 PM »

When Andy climbed up to greet his team, who were the three commentators in the box, left to right that he shook hands with? Did he shake hands with the one on the left?

Dex, it was L-R Chris Fowler, Patrick McEnroe, and John McEnroe. They were my commies on ESPN for the final. They did a great job.

Here's a gem of a video shot by a fan who was right in the thick of it. I found this at iloveandymurray.

Andy Murray celebrating his win 
Steven Brown     Steven Brown
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #254 on: August 05, 2013, 02:37 PM »

Haha.....Brilliant Linda.....I never get tired of seeing that scene, so great to see it from a different angle!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »