Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, LIVE - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion

(Read 11299 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #255 on: August 05, 2013, 02:37 PM »

How brilliant is that? wub
Lucky, lucky fan yay
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #256 on: August 05, 2013, 04:02 PM »

great video Linda - the noise seemed even louder than on the professional ones so somehow conveyed the excitement more.
Watched the bbc clips of the win and immediate aftermath again earlier and it had me in tears yet again.  Will I ever be able to watch it dry eyed I wonder?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #257 on: August 05, 2013, 04:03 PM »

great video Linda - the noise seemed even louder than on the professional ones so somehow conveyed the excitement more.
Watched the bbc clips of the win and immediate aftermath again earlier and it had me in tears yet again.  Will I ever be able to watch it dry eyed I wonder?

Watch it with a smile!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #258 on: August 05, 2013, 04:07 PM »

oh I can smile and cry at the same time prod
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #259 on: August 05, 2013, 08:22 PM »

Having become fed up with the excuses being made for Nole's loss I have been pointing out to my friends that Andy did not have an easy SF and he also had a tough match against Verdasco (5 sets) where as Nole only had one 5 setter.  They tend to be quite then.
Well done, tamila.  The excuses for Nole have been pathetic anyway.

Haha.....Brilliant Linda.....I never get tired of seeing that scene, so great to see it from a different angle!
Me too, and to hear the noise from the crowd from somebody who was actually in it.  I still find him forgetting about his Mum hilarious, but she got a lovely big hug in the end.

oh I can smile and cry at the same time prod
Tears of joy and pride. yes

IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #260 on: August 05, 2013, 09:39 PM »

Dex, it was L-R Chris Fowler, Patrick McEnroe, and John McEnroe. They were my commies on ESPN for the final. They did a great job.

Here's a gem of a video shot by a fan who was right in the thick of it. I found this at iloveandymurray.

Andy Murray celebrating his win 
Steven Brown     Steven Brown
Linda that was great, as Caz said never will we get tired of watching that, lucky Fan being able to be that close Wink
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #261 on: August 05, 2013, 10:47 PM »

Dex, it was L-R Chris Fowler, Patrick McEnroe, and John McEnroe. They were my commies on ESPN for the final. They did a great job.

Here's a gem of a video shot by a fan who was right in the thick of it. I found this at iloveandymurray.

Steven Brown     Steven Brown

I must say that it was nice to see Djoko's box standing and applauding as Andy climbed past them. I'm sure I saw Djoko's mum and dad hug Judy on their way past her on the day of the final too, right after Andy had won. As much as Djoko's team annoy me when he wins, he and they are pretty classy in defeat.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #262 on: August 06, 2013, 12:01 AM »

I must say that it was nice to see Djoko's box standing and applauding as Andy climbed past them. I'm sure I saw Djoko's mum and dad hug Judy on their way past her on the day of the final too, right after Andy had won. As much as Djoko's team annoy me when he wins, he and they are pretty classy in defeat.
I just hope that Andy and Djoko can continue their friendship, which seems to be on hold right now since they're competing against each other so often, once they hang up their racquets.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #263 on: August 06, 2013, 09:47 AM »

I think they will Aileen as they both emphasise it but also both make clear they can't be too close while they're competing.  I always remember Andy saying that as long ago as in his autobiography - it really struck me at the time.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #264 on: August 06, 2013, 02:02 PM »

Steven Brown     Steven Brown

Lovely video, Linda. Thanks for posting. Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #265 on: August 06, 2013, 07:44 PM »

I think they will Aileen as they both emphasise it but also both make clear they can't be too close while they're competing.  I always remember Andy saying that as long ago as in his autobiography - it really struck me at the time.
True friendship will always last Ruthie, and their's goes back a long way.  Also we know how much Andy values his friends, and I think Djoko does too.

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #266 on: August 06, 2013, 07:46 PM »

yes that's one of the things I really like about Andy Aileen: the value he attaches to friendships
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #267 on: August 08, 2013, 07:27 AM »

Just read a brilliant interview with Andy, just after Wimbles. Apologies if its been posted already:
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/jul/13/andy-murray-wimbledon-nadal-federer?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487
IP Logged
ally
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #268 on: August 08, 2013, 11:41 AM »

My Andy -Wimbledon Champion stamps arrived today.  Looking good.  I think I have overdone it a bit though.  I got 2 first day covers - just in case I can get one signed should he ever come to Dunblane again - and 2 sets of mint stamps, one in the presentation pack.  I think I might have it bad!!!

Maybe they'll be worth something one day, should the kids ever look at this as not an embarrassing nerdy thing to do by their mum! Lol.

Did anyone else get theirs?
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray: Wimbledon Champion « Reply #269 on: August 08, 2013, 11:49 AM »

Did anyone else get theirs?
Not yet, but still got 10 Olympic stamps left out of the 60 I bought
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »