MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Nickname?
Pages: [1] 2 Reply

Andy Nickname?

It occured to me over the past 2 weeks that unlike most of the high profile players, no nickname has stuck to Andy.  so obviously I've been mulling over what would suit him.  I've seen a columnist use "The Machine" but that is wrong on so many levels.

Both of mine don't scan right, but my - very poor - ones are:

The Spider / The Spiderman  - because he weaves a web round his opponents until their legs tie in knots and then he strikes.

The Dismantler - I want a better name for this, but the reason is obvious.  

So, what would you go with?
IP Logged

The Tradesman is a well established one, because he's got so many tools in his box.

This thread is one of the funniest on MW.

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/tennis/fast_clay's-match-reviews/
IP Logged

Andy "Golden Boy" Murray. You're welcome.

IP Logged

The "Magician" of course, but think Santoro had that one?
IP Logged

Santoro and Federer got something about magic. BtW, Santoro deserved it.

EDIT "Iceman"
IP Logged

The Tradesman is a well established one, because he's got so many tools in his box.

This thread is one of the funniest on MW.

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/tennis/fast_clay's-match-reviews/

Those did make me laugh, but I've not seen tradesman recently.  I spun into a brainstrorm and thought: what about The Handyman?  Still fits with those funny writeups but in addition:
  • Contains his name *Andy*   trophy
  • Is the British version of the Aussie flavour of tradesman, with lots of tools for dismantling other people's weapons, in a decptively understated way  (h the British flavour of tradesman is more usually indicating shop-keeper or delivery man)
  • trips off the tongue
  • I repeat: Contains his NAME The hANDYman .   Squee

I may be over-excited.  I also like magician with his bag of tricks... mmm

And yes, he'll always be a golden boy.

Any more?
[ Last edit by circe September 13, 2012, 12:59 PM ] IP Logged

How about amazeballs - the new word that was formally noted by Collins Dictionary on the day of his US open triumph . It works on so many levels!
IP Logged

Braveheart suits him.
IP Logged

I thought Andy's nickname was officially the "Dunblane Dynamo" ?
IP Logged

How about legend? haha
IP Logged

Can't have Iceman, that was Borg, i think it must have something to do with boxing as that's his favourite sport and something to do with his supreme fitness.

I thought his nickname was muzza?

IP Logged

I like Braveheart, when you think of that name you think of Scotland, and Andy is Brave.  BTW where did the name Muzza come from?
IP Logged

How about amazeballs - the new word that was formally noted by Collins Dictionary on the day of his US open triumph . It works on so many levels!
I use that more as a description. For instance, the text all my sleeping friends got at 2am not so long ago Whistle was indeed "Andy is amazeballs"
IP Logged

I like Braveheart, when you think of that name you think of Scotland, and Andy is Brave.  BTW where did the name Muzza come from?

I feel Muzza sounds really cute...
IP Logged

I always call him Muzza.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Reply