Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013

(Read 1903 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « on: October 09, 2013, 10:14 AM »

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/10/41/Murray-Announces-London-Withdrawal.aspx

Andy Murray has announced his withdrawal from the 2013 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. The World No. 3 underwent back surgery in September and is forced to withdraw from this year’s season-ending finale at The O2 in London as he continues his rehabilitation ahead of the 2014 ATP World Tour season.

"I'm really disappointed not to be playing this year, I love playing in front of my home crowd, it's a great atmosphere,” said Murray. “All the players look forward to competing in London and I'll be doing my best to qualify again for the tournament next year."

Andre Silva, Tournament Director, Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, said: “It’s unfortunate that Andy will be unable to play in this year’s tournament. He’s had a historic year on the Tour and of course he’ll be missed. We wish him all the best as he continues his recovery from surgery, and we hope to see him back stronger than ever for the 2014 season.”

Only the world’s top eight qualified singles players and doubles teams qualify to compete at the season-ending event. Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and David Ferrer are the other three singles players to have already qualified for this year’s tournament. Five singles berths remain up for grabs with four weeks remaining in the regular ATP World Tour season. Juan Martin del Potro, Tomas Berdych, Roger Federer, Stanislas Wawrinka and Richard Gasquet currently hold down the fifth to ninth spots in the Emirates ATP Race To London.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 10:18 AM »

Sensible decision.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 10:21 AM »

we knew already...but now it's confirmed.  Three months to go till we'll see him on court again (hopefully) in Australia ...
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 10:29 AM »

They've just announced it on Sky during the Shanghai tennis. Sensible decision but January seems such a long time away, miss him so much but what has to be, has to be.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 10:49 AM »

Knew it was a foregone conclusion but still gutted to see it in black and white Frown

Get strong soon Andy c ya next year. Love ya xx
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 11:33 AM »

Well at least he is being sensible. He will be missed but he will be fit as a fiddle when the New Year starts. Hope you get over your disappointment Angie I know you were so looking forward to seeing Andy at the WTF. Hope you enjoy your trip to London just the same it will not be long until January.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 11:33 AM »

Come "back" stronger and pain free Andy  yahooo
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 12:33 PM »

Well at least he is being sensible. He will be missed but he will be fit as a fiddle when the New Year starts. Hope you get over your disappointment Angie I know you were so looking forward to seeing Andy at the WTF. Hope you enjoy your trip to London just the same it will not be long until January.

Thanks mags, im fine and still very much looking forward to my london trip Smile have applied for Wimbledon tickets also so that is something to look forward too (if I get them) lol. It will be jan before we know it and we will be cheering andy once more  yay
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 12:37 PM »

Best decision, I want to see Andy 100% fit.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 01:22 PM »

Thanks for the update, Joe.

So sorry for all of you who've paid for tickets, counted sleeps, and moved heaven and earth to see our hero in action. I know you are bitterly disappointed.. sending hugs.    bigarmhug

BUT... head must rule over heart because Andy has promised he would "come back stronger," and that's what we all want for him.  It's still going to be a great tournament.

And just think how much more exciting it's going to be next year when he's playing with freedom from pain??

Oh, the possibilities...  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 02:28 PM »

Oh god, why do two of my favourite tennis players have to have a back injury at one time.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 02:38 PM »

Get well soon Andy (and Sabine) 
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 02:46 PM »

2013 tennis season.  RIP. 
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 02:56 PM »

Totally expected-but still sad Very Sad

Hope everyone going to the WTF still has an amazing time!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 03:02 PM »

2013 tennis season.  RIP. 

Facepalm.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »