Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013

(Read 2131 times)
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 03:52 PM »

Am so sorry that we won't be able to watch Andy playing tennis again this year. But hope we can look forward to a great year for him next year and a pain free year for him.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 03:54 PM »

damn. lucky federer  ranting
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 04:04 PM »

Wise decision, there is no reason to try and make the final tournament of the year other than for his fans who of course will be hugely dissapointed, but they should also prefer him to get back to his physical best and if that means more time for recovery then so be it.

The tennis season is over in 4-5 weeks time anyway, he has plenty of time to get himself to Miami and work on his fitness and game.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 04:16 PM »

damn. lucky federer  ranting

He's surely in? Frown
IP Logged
bes03_philippines
Satellite Level

game, set, match!

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 04:51 PM »

Disappointed that he's going to miss World Tour Finals again. Hopefully rehab goes well so that he can come back asap. Tennis tournaments these days are just not as engaging without Andy.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #20 on: October 09, 2013, 05:05 PM »

Gutted about this to be honest. This could really damage his AO chances. I blame the Davis Cup. Surely Andy would have had this operation immediately after the US Open otherwise?
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #21 on: October 09, 2013, 06:25 PM »

Knew it was a foregone conclusion but still gutted to see it in black and white Frown

Get strong soon Andy c ya next year. Love ya xx

hug  Me too - have said all along he wouldn't and shouldn't play - but when I saw it actually officially confirmed on twitter it was like a punch in the gut. Still looking forward to the trip  (if my tkts turn up!) and just need to go again next year!
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, 06:34 PM »

very sorry to hear andy is not playing at the o2. the best decision. he.. I will now go on to miami start training. after back surgery it will be difficult for him, but I know he will come back a stronger player. we only have to look at nadel.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, 06:39 PM »

Not really surprising that Andy's not playing.
No update though on his surgery or whether he can start rehab - despite Russell Fuller's comment on the BBC site - as he doesn't give any source to his comment, maybe it's just his assumption.

Anyhow fingers crossed that all's going well.
IP Logged
ally
Challenger Level

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #24 on: October 09, 2013, 06:53 PM »

Knew it was a foregone conclusion but still gutted to see it in black and white Frown

Agree with your comment Angie.  Gutted though, after planning WTF trip back in January.  Will still enjoy it, maybe being neutral this year means I will enjoy it more - got to try and find a positive angle on it - my blood pressure won't suffer. w00t

Ah well, just need to plan again January 2014 for next years Finals.  Looking forward to it already.

Get well soon Andy.  Look forward to the new year and the new you.

[ Last edit by ally October 09, 2013, 06:57 PM ] IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #25 on: October 09, 2013, 07:31 PM »

Agree with your comment Angie.  Gutted though, after planning WTF trip back in January.  Will still enjoy it, maybe being neutral this year means I will enjoy it more - got to try and find a positive angle on it - my blood pressure won't suffer. w00t

Ah well, just need to plan again January 2014 for next years Finals.  Looking forward to it already.

Get well soon Andy.  Look forward to the new year and the new you.

Lotta like minded folks on here! Prod better be quick of the mark with his  code for presale tkts!
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #26 on: October 09, 2013, 07:38 PM »

I don't think anyone can blame Davis cup, Andy played great and ended the year on a high.  Andy will have to get match tough for the Australian, but I'm sure Ivan and the rest of the team will help him do this.  But it sure is a long time to wait to see him play again.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #27 on: October 09, 2013, 07:42 PM »

Agree. Davis Cup just comfirmed what he knew about his back and I doubt having the op right after US open would have made much differenct o the the WTF - nor would only playing WTF fantastically improve his chances at the Oz open. At least by playing Davis Cup Andy has happy memories of his last time on court this year. (and so do we!)
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #28 on: October 09, 2013, 07:45 PM »

Agree with your comment Angie.  Gutted though, after planning WTF trip back in January.  Will still enjoy it, maybe being neutral this year means I will enjoy it more - got to try and find a positive angle on it - my blood pressure won't suffer. w00t

Ah well, just need to plan again January 2014 for next years Finals.  Looking forward to it already.

Get well soon Andy.  Look forward to the new year and the new you.

Lol yeah theres gonna be a MAD rush for WTF tickets come Jan/Feb...not just on here but I've seen lots of comments on Facebook with the same agenda!!! Its only making most folk more determined to get them in 2014 and see Andy Smile
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy OUT of the World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #29 on: October 09, 2013, 08:22 PM »

The right decision but still gutting. Was really looking forward to seeing him play live for the first time.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »