Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy swearing after set 2 yesterday, why all the fuss? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Andy swearing after set 2 yesterday, why all the fuss?

(Read 952 times)
bubbles80
Satellite Level

shocking shocking shocking shocking ANDY swearing at himself

i thought it was ok because he was upset and need to let off steam all papers making a fuss

as for me andy can swear all he wants as long as he wins like he did yesterday  wub wub wub wub wub
[ Last edit by Mark July 11, 2013, 11:07 AM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: andy swearing after set 2 yeterday why all the fuss ??????? « Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 10:50 PM »

Every one swears.
IP Logged
bubbles80
Satellite Level

Re: andy swearing after set 2 yeterday why all the fuss ??????? « Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 11:08 PM »

tell you what i want to swear at people who dont support andy but would rather critize him for swearing what wrong with people ffs get behind our man xxx
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: andy swearing after set 2 yeterday why all the fuss ??????? « Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 11:20 PM »

"all papers making a fuss" Really? The Daily Mail , yes, obviously, but which others?

There is this in the Guardian:

The BBC was caught out by Andy Murray's swearing during his five-set quarter-final clash with Fernando Verdasco on Wednesday. Having lost the second set, he apparently exclaimed: "******* ******, what are you doing?" Commentator Andrew Castle spluttered: "I do apologise for the language of course, but you can understand the frustration Andy Murray feels at this point. He really is torturing himself." The Daily Mail ran a page on Murray's "volley of obscenities" on Thursday, reporting that viewers "reacted with anger" over the incident. It said one Twitter user, Poorya Mortavaz, wrote: "If a footballer swore as much as Murray people would be up in arms. But apparently it's OK in tennis? DoubleStandards #wimbledon." But where are the angry viewers? When contacted by Monkey, the BBC said that just 10 viewers had complained – hardly a storm of Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand proportions. Perhaps the Mail might try to find a new racket the next time it tries to serve up a controversy.

for the uncensored text see http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/jul/04/andy-murray-wimbledon-daily-mail-bbc

10 complaints. 10 million viewers. End of story.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: andy swearing after set 2 yeterday why all the fuss ??????? « Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 01:32 AM »

said one Twitter user, Poorya Mortavaz, wrote: "If a footballer swore as much as Murray people would be up in arms. But apparently it's OK in tennis? DoubleStandards #wimbledon."

What do they mean if?  You don't need to be a talented lip reader to know that many footballers do indeed swear on tv, it's just that they don't have a microphone sat right next to them! Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: andy swearing after set 2 yeterday why all the fuss ??????? « Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 06:54 AM »

Andy must learn to swear in Spanish, like Ferrer or French like Simon.
Problem solved Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: andy swearing after set 2 yeterday why all the fuss ??????? « Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 07:02 AM »

"all papers making a fuss" Really? The Daily Mail , yes, obviously, but which others?

There is this in the Guardian:

The BBC was caught out by Andy Murray's swearing during his five-set quarter-final clash with Fernando Verdasco on Wednesday. Having lost the second set, he apparently exclaimed: "******* ******, what are you doing?" Commentator Andrew Castle spluttered: "I do apologise for the language of course, but you can understand the frustration Andy Murray feels at this point. He really is torturing himself." The Daily Mail ran a page on Murray's "volley of obscenities" on Thursday, reporting that viewers "reacted with anger" over the incident. It said one Twitter user, Poorya Mortavaz, wrote: "If a footballer swore as much as Murray people would be up in arms. But apparently it's OK in tennis? DoubleStandards #wimbledon." But where are the angry viewers? When contacted by Monkey, the BBC said that just 10 viewers had complained – hardly a storm of Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand proportions. Perhaps the Mail might try to find a new racket the next time it tries to serve up a controversy.

for the uncensored text see http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/jul/04/andy-murray-wimbledon-daily-mail-bbc

10 complaints. 10 million viewers. End of story.
I hate how 10 random people's opinions is enough for the Daily Mail to make a news story.

And I'm sure that a lot more people will complain after reading the article, whether they heard the swearing or not. The Russell Brand incident had 2 complaints at the time which lead to 40,000 after the Mail's article.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: andy swearing after set 2 yeterday why all the fuss ??????? « Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 07:31 AM »

what did he say before what are you doing?

Somebody noticed what he said to Verdasco after he match?
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: andy swearing after set 2 yeterday why all the fuss ??????? « Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 03:48 PM »

IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: andy swearing after set 2 yeterday why all the fuss ??????? « Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 09:29 PM »

A lot of sports figures swear.....uh a lot of news media swear, it's ridiculous.  All these people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: andy swearing after set 2 yeterday why all the fuss ??????? « Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 10:32 PM »

That experssion is so darned british.I told my daughter and she burst out laughing.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: andy swearing after set 2 yeterday why all the fuss ??????? « Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 06:14 AM »

I am sure Nole was swearing at himself in the final only it was in Serbian!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy swearing after set 2 yesterday, why all the fuss? « Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 02:26 PM »

I love the language. I love it even more when some of the upper class toffs get all offended. Bless them.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy swearing after set 2 yesterday, why all the fuss? « Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 02:44 PM »

Andy as far as i recall mostly swears at himself, i have never seen him swear at an umpire or another player something that people seem to ignore, especially people like Castle, I wonder what they think about Federer who swears directly at an opponent, or tells the umpire that he "doesn't give a sh!t"
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »