Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Tuesday, Estimated time - 7:30pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12 Reply

Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters

The Monte-Carlo Masters begin on Monday with a high class field taking centre stage since Miami a fortnight ago. Andy Murray is the second seed and is in Rafael Nadal's half of the draw. Here is how his draw pans out up until the quarter-finals:

R1 - BYE
R2 - HAASE/QUALIFIER
R3 - MONFILS/QUALIFIER/ISTOMIN/WAWRINKA
QF - TSONGA/QUALIFIER/DAVYDENKO/MELZER/QUALIFIER/ALMAGRO/GOFFIN
IP Logged

u didn't waste much time   yay
IP Logged

What was Andy's last year results in this tournament?
IP Logged

What was Andy's last year results in this tournament?

QF (lost to Berdych)
IP Logged

QF (lost to Berdych)

Oh yeah, I remember watching the match. Thanks. Smile
IP Logged

It's a git of a draw.
IP Logged

It's a git of a draw.
Hole in one!
IP Logged

Djokovic plays despite the advised 10-30 days rest, so Murray is 2nd seed.

Nadal and Djokovic on opposite sides of the draw. Who could have seen that coming?! As it is, I think Andy would lose to Berdych anyway, so rather see how he fares against Nadal should he get that far.

Vitally avoided Del Potro in QFs.

Murray's route:

Bye - Haase/Qualifier - Wawrinka/Monfils - Tsonga/Almagro - Nadal - Djokovic/Del Potro

Wawrinka in R3 is the big banana skin. Great player on clay. I fear Murray could meet his match here if he plays like he did last year. Almagro or Tsonga in the QFs is a comparitively good draw, but Almagro is a hell of a clay court player and Tsonga isn't bad.

Dunno. Decent draw, but I don't like the look of Wawrinka. He causes Murray problems on his favourite surface, let alone his least favourite.
IP Logged

Potential Del Potro/Raonic R3 Djokovic/Del Potro QFs could be interesting. Gasquet/Berdych in same quarter again.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter April 13, 2013, 03:48 PM ] IP Logged

Nadal has the easiest Quarter for sure.  Djoker's half looks tasty
IP Logged

...  God   can Rafa's draw get any easier.... I mean.... just look at it......     Might as well just hand him the trophy.   I don't expect Andy to do that well here   if he gets to the semis then I will be quite pleased.     
IP Logged

Agreed. ^
IP Logged
Caz

Great......Roll on next week. I've been suffering withdrawal symptoms!
IP Logged

One good thing is that I they have all played a tournament since Miami.
IP Logged

One good thing is that I they have all played a tournament since Miami.
confused
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12 Reply