Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters

(Read 9574 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #30 on: April 13, 2013, 08:50 PM »

I'd much rather Andy plays Monfils than Wawrinka.
IP Logged
u2jcc
Junior

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #31 on: April 13, 2013, 10:48 PM »

http://www.monte-carlorolexmasters.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/Uploaded/2013/4/13/Monte-Carlo-Djokovic-Murray-Feature.aspx
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #32 on: April 14, 2013, 12:55 AM »

Excellent!! he has Rafa in his half, i hope Andy makes it that far, been waiting ages for a Rafa vs Andy match
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #33 on: April 14, 2013, 12:55 AM »

Excellent!! he has Rafa in his half, i hope Andy makes it that far, been waiting ages for a Rafa vs Andy match
But on clay?

I'm looking forward to some hard or more particularly grass-court meetings, but never clay.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #34 on: April 14, 2013, 01:36 AM »

But on clay?

I'm looking forward to some hard or more particularly grass-court meetings, but never clay.

These are the matches tennis fans live for, i really don't understand people's apprehention when it comes to playing the big boys even if it's on their favourite surface. Federer is considered the king of grass yet Murray obliterated him in the Olympic final, Novak the king of hardcourts but Andy beat him in the US open final.

If Andy loses so what? it's not like he's favourite and it's not like he is alone in being the 2nd best when it comes to facing Rafa on clay, but that doesn't mean we can't get excited by the prospect of seeing an upset or even just to gauge how far Andy has progressed in Nadal's absence even on clay.

I'm pretty sure Andy will relish the prospect of playing Rafa, and so will Lendl, he lives for these type of games, heck i'm licking my lips already.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #35 on: April 14, 2013, 01:56 AM »

Did Andy play doubles at MC last year?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #36 on: April 14, 2013, 01:57 AM »

Did Andy play doubles at MC last year?

No.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #37 on: April 14, 2013, 02:06 AM »

And had never beaten Federer in a slam before until the Australian open. There is always a first time for everything.

Andy has got a lot of monkeys of his back recently maybe its time to get the clay monkey of his back.  pray
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #38 on: April 14, 2013, 08:24 AM »

These are the matches tennis fans live for, i really don't understand people's apprehention when it comes to playing the big boys even if it's on their favourite surface. Federer is considered the king of grass yet Murray obliterated him in the Olympic final, Novak the king of hardcourts but Andy beat him in the US open final.

If Andy loses so what? it's not like he's favourite and it's not like he is alone in being the 2nd best when it comes to facing Rafa on clay, but that doesn't mean we can't get excited by the prospect of seeing an upset or even just to gauge how far Andy has progressed in Nadal's absence even on clay.

I'm pretty sure Andy will relish the prospect of playing Rafa, and so will Lendl, he lives for these type of games, heck i'm licking my lips already.
Difference being Murray has a winning H2H against Federer and Grass is also HIS best surface, whereas clay is by far the worst.

No-one's saying you can't be excited. Just personally I'm not remotely fussed at a meeting with Rafa on clay.

Anyway, Murray's got to get there first.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #39 on: April 14, 2013, 10:35 AM »

Pretty sure Andy would love a go at Rafa on clay. Win or lose he'd see it as a learning opportunity. I'd love to see it!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #40 on: April 14, 2013, 10:36 AM »

Difference being Murray has a winning H2H against Federer and Grass is also HIS best surface, whereas clay is by far the worst.

No-one's saying you can't be excited. Just personally I'm not remotely fussed at a meeting with Rafa on clay.

Anyway, Murray's got to get there first.
I'm with you on that! As far as I'm concerned, anything our Andy wins on clay will be a bonus.......although we know he has been trying hard to improve his clay game, so we could be pleasantly surprised!  Whistle
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #41 on: April 14, 2013, 10:50 AM »

It would be a lovely surprise if Andy had a clay triumph and did well in the French Open. Let's hope it happens.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #42 on: April 14, 2013, 11:02 AM »

Jamie Murray, with John Peers, beat Bryan Bros in Houston to win first title on clay ! - an omen ?
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #43 on: April 14, 2013, 11:17 AM »

Andy has improved on clay over the years.He has also improved in self belief. It seems to me that it is the technique of sliding into shots that so far eludes him.I for one am looking forward to watching how he has progressed.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #44 on: April 14, 2013, 11:33 AM »

Andy has improved on clay over the years.He has also improved in self belief. It seems to me that it is the technique of sliding into shots that so far eludes him.I for one am looking forward to watching how he has progressed.

I don't think sliding eludes him, he has to take care with movements that could impact on his patella.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »