Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters  (Read 8785 times)
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #60 on: April 14, 2013, 03:21 PM »

I hope Andy gets the chance to play Nadal here.  It would give a great guide to where his clay court game is. I think a good showing at RG is much more important than a few ranking points here - although a win would be just dandy !
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #61 on: April 14, 2013, 04:11 PM »

Monfils probably would be less dangerous than Wawrinka. Wawrikna tends to raise his level against Andy or against top players especially lately. Still, I think we should just take one match at a time. So probably Haase first and that's on Wednesday.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #62 on: April 14, 2013, 05:22 PM »

Robin Haase plays qualifier Edouard Roger-Vasselin 1st round. Andy plays winner of that match.
R-V beat Ito then Stakhovsky in qualis
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #63 on: April 14, 2013, 05:24 PM »

Just personally I'd rather see Andy play Rafa on grass or hard, but the draw is what it is. Andy can't turn round and pick who he plays or tell the organisers that he doesn't fancy playing Rafa on clay (might be fun if he could, on both counts lol), he has to get on with it, so we should as well.

Rafa hasn't played the new, confident Andy Murray. Rafa hasn't played Olympic Gold medalist and US Open Champion Andy Murray. I know they were on different surfaces, but still. Confidence goes a long way in tennis.

If they both get that far (nothing certain about either of them yet, a ball is yet to be struck) it will be interesting to see how Andy does against Rafa now. A win would be fabulous. I think it would do such a lot for Andy's confidence, and it would give Nadal something to ponder over. I'll think about any other outcome when/if it happens. Until then it's one match at a time. I bet Haase can't wait to play Andy again Whistle.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #64 on: April 14, 2013, 05:27 PM »

According to journalists at his presser today,Nole is still unsure whether or not he'll play.He says his ankle is feeling better every day,but that he's having it re-examined tomorrow and that he'll decide after that.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #65 on: April 14, 2013, 05:30 PM »

The problem with playing Monfils is that it has the potential to be a knackering match, having to go through Monfils, Tsonga and Nadal he might be somewhat fatigued before the final.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #66 on: April 14, 2013, 08:38 PM »

The problem with playing Monfils is that it has the potential to be a knackering match, having to go through Monfils, Tsonga and Nadal he might be somewhat fatigued before the final.

That's true about Monfils but Tsonga would keep things short - win or loss. Monfils may not make it though.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #67 on: April 14, 2013, 08:56 PM »

Neil Harman‏@NeilHarmanTimes3h
Novak Djokovic says he will decide on Tuesday if he plays Monte Carlo. He is cautiously optimistic but needs total re-assurance
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #68 on: April 14, 2013, 08:57 PM »

Novak Djokovic says he will decide on Tuesday if he plays Monte Carlo. He is cautiously optimistic but needs total re-assurance

So he gives the organisers only a few hours to decide a LL if he decides to withdraw, is he plays on Wednesday of course.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #69 on: April 14, 2013, 08:59 PM »

I have a fancy Novak will not risk his ankle here. Feels an obligation to Monte Carlo as a resident but has to look at bigger picture.

Simon Cambers‏@scambers733h
Novak Djokovic says he'll make last-minute decision on playing in Monte Carlo. Ankle improving, better than expected, but still doubtful

Novak Djokovic said if this week's tournament was not in Monte Carlo - his second home - he almost certainly would not be trying to play

But @DjokerNole also said pushing to try to play in Monte Carlo would not have any effect on tournaments down the line
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #70 on: April 14, 2013, 09:16 PM »

Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters 2h Djokovic: 'News from MRI positive. More positive than negative. Ankle lot better than expected but can't guarantee I'll be on court Wed.

Hmmm!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #71 on: April 14, 2013, 09:17 PM »

Expect him to withdraw on Tuesday. And then there will be a last minute decision come Madrid too.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #72 on: April 14, 2013, 09:18 PM »

Nah Madrid's not for another 3 weeks.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #73 on: April 14, 2013, 09:20 PM »

I just feel he's trying to avoid Nadal before RG. In any case, should he play Madrid he'll probably tank before that happens. Then there's Rome of course.
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: Andy @ the Monte Carlo Masters « Reply #74 on: April 14, 2013, 09:27 PM »

Novak's flexibility is a big part of his success, I think he will not risk any further injury to the ankle joint.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »