Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013

(Read 4356 times)
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #60 on: September 19, 2013, 05:40 PM »

It's about time he did somethng about it, if it's minor surgery then we should be thankful i mean what is the alternative, that it's something major which would mean him having to retire from the game? It's dissapointing obviously but for his sake it's something that needs to be fixed now so he can get back to playing his best, and now he's won Wimbledon he probably feels it's worth doing, and this is the best part of the season for him to do it.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #61 on: September 19, 2013, 05:41 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/24163790

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2425555/Andy-Murray-undergo-surgery-injured-back.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #62 on: September 19, 2013, 05:41 PM »

Ferrer's Paris points will drop of though Surprised

lmao   hopefully.   I'm just actual devastated man.   Frown   I wis buzzing for the tennis next week
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #63 on: September 19, 2013, 05:43 PM »

"There is no suggestion that next year's schedule will be affected and it is hoped he will kick off his regular pre-season training block in Miami in the middle of November"
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #64 on: September 19, 2013, 05:45 PM »

Dependent on vulture and berdych's performances, Andy still might be ranked 3rd by the end of the year. unsure.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #65 on: September 19, 2013, 05:47 PM »

I am glad he is at last going to do something about his back issues. It needs to be done sooner rather than later he would have to have some time out from tennis. He must feel now is the best time before the Australian Open in the new year. He may be okay before then who knows it will depend on Andy himself.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #66 on: September 19, 2013, 05:49 PM »

will Andy play Brisbane ?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #67 on: September 19, 2013, 05:50 PM »

will Andy play Brisbane ?

Of course, next year is not affected. I say he will be back for Paris Masters.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #68 on: September 19, 2013, 05:57 PM »

that's very bold of you to say that. 
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #69 on: September 19, 2013, 05:58 PM »

I think we just have to wait and see? 
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #70 on: September 19, 2013, 05:59 PM »

that's very bold of you to say that. 

Indeed, I intended for it to be very bold. But Andy is as fit as a fiddle, rest of the season sounds exaggerated to me anyway.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #71 on: September 19, 2013, 06:02 PM »

Indeed, I intended for it to be very bold. But Andy is as fit as a fiddle, rest of the season sounds exaggerated to me anyway.

idk,  his back has been bothering him for a while now.    Might as well get it treated now,   otherwise he will will just make it worse. 
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #72 on: September 19, 2013, 06:02 PM »

1) The problem has been identified.
2) The problem is fixable
3) He can come back healthier and stronger than before
4) It will free his mind from worrying about it.
5) He will have the best people around him to manage his recovery.
6) It's not major surgery which will keep him out for 6 months.

This is the best news i've heard in ages, it will stop the speculation on these forums, it will shut up people like Virginia Wade who called hm a drama queen, but most of all it will correct an issue that has been plagueing his tennis for 2 years, in fact now we have had the prognosis that it's a disc problem which affects nerves in his hips and legs, i say what he's achieved since August of last year has been truly amazing.

Hopefully now we will see him not just back to his best, but even better than before when he returns.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #73 on: September 19, 2013, 06:02 PM »

Virginia Wade - you owe Andy a huge apology.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #74 on: September 19, 2013, 06:11 PM »

Interesting that Lendl ended up retiring due to chronic back trouble, but Ivan did play very well til age 31 so hope 4 Andy    @tennisreporters
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »