Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013

(Read 4308 times)
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #75 on: September 19, 2013, 06:13 PM »

Interesting that Lendl ended up retiring due to chronic back trouble, but Ivan did play very well til age 31 so hope 4 Andy    @tennisreporters
Bit dramatic inst it.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #76 on: September 19, 2013, 06:16 PM »

"The disc problem affects a nerve in his lower back which can send pain shooting down his hip and upper leg"     Frown 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #77 on: September 19, 2013, 06:24 PM »

I am glad he is at last going to do something about his back issues. It needs to be done sooner rather than later he would have to have some time out from tennis. He must feel now is the best time before the Australian Open in the new year. He may be okay before then who knows it will depend on Andy himself.
I agree LB.  Perhaps it's just a pity he didn't have this done this time last year, but then I know that back surgery can be a bit tricky so maybe he hoped it could be helped by other treatment.

It doesn't surprise me really, because I did notice at times during the DC matches that he was experiencing pain (he did wince a few times), although naturally I'm disappointed that he probably won't play again this year.  I really do hope though that he takes a complete break.  No point in struggling to get fit for Paris or the WTF and possibly hindering recovery, which I sincerely hope will be 100%.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #78 on: September 19, 2013, 06:28 PM »

"The disc problem affects a nerve in his lower back which can send pain shooting down his hip and upper leg"     Frown 
Which is exactly what I thought it was the way he kept wincing during his matches, even at last year's USO.
IP Logged
33jsmith
Junior

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #79 on: September 19, 2013, 06:29 PM »

Lets just put our own disappointment aside and wish him all the best and a speedy recovery.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #80 on: September 19, 2013, 06:30 PM »

1) The problem has been identified.
2) The problem is fixable
3) He can come back healthier and stronger than before
4) It will free his mind from worrying about it.
5) He will have the best people around him to manage his recovery.
6) It's not major surgery which will keep him out for 6 months.

This is the best news i've heard in ages, it will stop the speculation on these forums, it will shut up people like Virginia Wade who called hm a drama queen, but most of all it will correct an issue that has been plagueing his tennis for 2 years, in fact now we have had the prognosis that it's a disc problem which affects nerves in his hips and legs, i say what he's achieved since August of last year has been truly amazing.

Hopefully now we will see him not just back to his best, but even better than before when he returns.
Good posting!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #81 on: September 19, 2013, 06:35 PM »

Just think how much fun next year could be. If Andy can win 2 slams and Olympic gold in pain, what could he achieve pain free! And lots of scope to pick up ranking points dotted through the year.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #82 on: September 19, 2013, 06:35 PM »

Isn't amazing what Andy has accomplished, having played through pain and probable doubt of the performance of his back, and it's effect on his movement, not forgetting the serve.

I didn't think I could possibly appreciate his Wimbledon win any more than I already do.. but I do.

And to support, play (and win) with his DC team.. on clay no less!

clap

IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #83 on: September 19, 2013, 06:36 PM »

Oooh great minds thinking alike there!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #84 on: September 19, 2013, 06:37 PM »

I'm so excited to see his clay game now, he can go all out. Thank god! Just knee surgery now and he will be even fitter than Nole and Rafa.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #85 on: September 19, 2013, 06:37 PM »

Oooh great minds thinking alike there!

highfive
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #86 on: September 19, 2013, 06:39 PM »

I wonder how much his serve will improve now, his back certainly restricted it. Perhaps he can make it a great weapon.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #87 on: September 19, 2013, 06:41 PM »

Feeling sorry for Kim - suspect Andy won't make a great patient - more like impatient
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #88 on: September 19, 2013, 06:45 PM »

I wonder how much his serve will improve now, his back certainly restricted it. Perhaps he can make it a great weapon.
slow down lol.   Andy has always been poor on the clay.   One thing at a time.   I still find it amazing that he actually played 3 matches for DC.   I think Andy should  have had this operation months ago.   Maybe he was too proud to except his injury ?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #89 on: September 19, 2013, 06:45 PM »

slow down lol.   Andy has always been poor on the clay.   One thing at a time.   I still find it amazon that he actually played 3 matches for DC.   I think Andy should  have had this operation months ago.   Maybe he was too proud to except his injury ?

Poor on clay? 2011? Hmm
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »