Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013

(Read 5000 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #90 on: September 19, 2013, 06:47 PM »

Poor on clay? 2011? Hmm
on a consistent basis I mean.   Anyway I just want Andy to get better again. 
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #91 on: September 19, 2013, 06:51 PM »

Isn't amazing what Andy has accomplished, having played through pain and probable doubt of the performance of his back, and it's effect on his movement, not forgetting the serve.

I didn't think I could possibly appreciate his Wimbledon win any more than I already do.. but I do.

And to support, play (and win) with his DC team.. on clay no less!

clap

Couldn't agree more Scotnadian.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #92 on: September 19, 2013, 07:15 PM »

Shocked, but relieved in a way. He has obviously been struggling with his back for a long time. I am sure folks remember the FO 2012. I think a break now will reap dividends for the rest of his career. He can get his back sorted, and also haves the mental rest he has so obviously needed for a while. It explains why he was so keen to play all the Davies Cup matches. He knew he didn't need to have anything in reserve. I can't imagine he has enjoyed playing recently, never knowing if his back was going to fail him. He can enjoy getting his OBE and possibly actually attend Sports Personality.  Lets also think of how few points he will need to defend for much of next year.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #93 on: September 19, 2013, 07:15 PM »

shocking
A shock that wasnt a surprise!!
I had a feeling there was a more serious underlying problem at the US open and that it would come out in time. After a few days thought when nothing was admitted or revealed, I began to wonder.

Now, here we are some week later and all is revealed.  What a pity for Andy, I just hope everything is successful. Such surgery (we dont know exactly what that is) can be tricky and will require rehab.

He will have the best surgeons and care of course. Still I think it may be a bit optimistic TBH for the A-open.  nervous
Long term health first prio.!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #94 on: September 19, 2013, 07:18 PM »

Lets just put our own disappointment aside and wish him all the best and a speedy recovery.
Good posting!
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #95 on: September 19, 2013, 07:29 PM »

I actually find it more reassuring than anything. It explains why he has been so inconsistent this year. He obviously concentrated his efforts on the grass, which was probably easier on his back. Hope some of the purveyors of the crueler comments about his performance are feeling a bit silly now.

As people have said it makes his performances even more amazing.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #96 on: September 19, 2013, 07:33 PM »

Why would he have his back op now when it would put him out for the rest of the year?
Cause he would miss slams otherwise...
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #97 on: September 19, 2013, 07:49 PM »

Andy just messaged on Facebook

Thanks for all the nice messages, having op on Monday will let everyone know how it goes
Hope to be "back" stronger
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #98 on: September 19, 2013, 07:51 PM »

He missed a slam this year....
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #99 on: September 19, 2013, 08:11 PM »

He missed a slam this year....
Future slams duh!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #100 on: September 19, 2013, 08:15 PM »

Andy just messaged on Facebook

Thanks for all the nice messages, having op on Monday will let everyone know how it goes
Hope to be "back" stronger
LOL.  I'm glad he's going to let us know how things are and not just disappear into a black hole for several weeks.  Must admit I'm feeling a bit nervous though.  Back surgery can be very tricky with often no guarantee as to its success, and it could be a while before a prognosis is known anyway.  And no I'm not being negative, just realistic, because I've known people who've had back ops.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #101 on: September 19, 2013, 08:17 PM »

^Just being your usual Mrs Doubtfire Aileen , you ain't going to change now. Smile...the world is nigh nervous
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #102 on: September 19, 2013, 08:17 PM »

LOL.  I'm glad he's going to let us know how things are and not just disappear into a black hole for several weeks.  Must admit I'm feeling a bit nervous though.  Back surgery can be very tricky with often no guarantee as to its success, and it could be a while before a prognosis is known anyway.  And no I'm not being negative, just realistic, because I've known people who've had back ops.

I've had Black Ops.. which is close.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #103 on: September 19, 2013, 08:19 PM »

.. because I've known people who've had back ops.

Aye. yes That's what originally brought me to MW, during my recuperation.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #104 on: September 19, 2013, 08:19 PM »

I've had Black Ops.. which is close.
You're talking in riddles again Gangsta.  Please clarify.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »