Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013

(Read 5235 times)
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #120 on: September 19, 2013, 08:38 PM »

Andy obviously following Justin Timberlake's advice and bringing SexyBack.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #121 on: September 19, 2013, 08:49 PM »

Well, for me Aileen.. it was 2 herniated discs at L4/L5 which were compressing the sciatic nerve. I managed it for years with physio, exercise, registered massage therapy, chiropractic treatments and pain killers. Also used an inversion table at home.

It got to the stage where it was impossible for me to 'manage' it, so had the (keyhole) surgery and wished I'd had it well before.  Recovered very quickly.

Assuming this is the same as Andy (and I've always suspected it was) he is way younger, fitter and stronger than me.
I personally feel good about this for him.
Thanks for that encouragment Linda.  I always suspected it was something like this as a friend had a similar condition but refused to have an op - but that was many years ago before keyhole surgery became possible.

IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #122 on: September 19, 2013, 08:50 PM »

I just like to be prepared for disappointments then I can get a pleasant surprise when all is well. Smile  Having one's hopes and expectations dashed isn't very pleasant. #lifeexperiences

With lifeexperiences , there must have been times when one,s hopes and expectations came to fruitition.....you seem to dwell on the negative one,s.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #123 on: September 19, 2013, 08:54 PM »

Andy obviously following Justin Timberlake's advice and bringing SexyBack.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #124 on: September 19, 2013, 09:21 PM »

With lifeexperiences , there must have been times when one,s hopes and expectations came to fruitition.....you seem to dwell on the negative one,s.
No I don't.  I have very good memories of the positive ones - most of which, I might add, came when I wasn't expecting them.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #125 on: September 19, 2013, 09:29 PM »

No I don't.  I have very good memories of the positive ones - most of which, I might add, came when I wasn't expecting them.
Great, so think of those and bring them to the fore when you feeling negative.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #126 on: September 19, 2013, 09:31 PM »

Great, so think of those and bring them to the fore when you feeling negative.
It isn't always easy when you suffer from depression.  I have my good days and my bad days but have learnt to live with it.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #127 on: September 19, 2013, 09:38 PM »

It isn't always easy when you suffer from depression.  I have my good days and my bad days but have learnt to live with it.
Life ,I suppose is **** sometimes...why doesn't the good Lord make people suffer from a form of hipression. hug
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #128 on: September 19, 2013, 09:40 PM »

Life ,I suppose is **** sometimes...why doesn't the good Lord make people suffer from a form of hipression. hug
hug
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #129 on: September 19, 2013, 10:24 PM »

Well it didn't take tennisTV long to change their banner for this tournament, for which efficiency they have to be commended, which is more than can be said of the ATP website who still have him playing.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #130 on: September 19, 2013, 10:26 PM »

Depression is **** :/
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #131 on: September 19, 2013, 10:46 PM »

Depression is **** :/
hug All you can do is try to keep going.  Roll with the bad times and appreciate the good ones.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #132 on: September 20, 2013, 01:07 AM »

hug All you can do is try to keep going.  Roll with the bad times and appreciate the good ones.

I was diagnosed with it some time ago, hence why i have nothing to do with the negative brigade on here, i try to maintain a positive outlook for everything, else it feels like sometimes i wouldn't be able to cope, i'm the biggest procrastinator i know Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #133 on: September 20, 2013, 01:23 AM »

I was diagnosed with it some time ago, hence why i have nothing to do with the negative brigade on here, i try to maintain a positive outlook for everything, else it feels like sometimes i wouldn't be able to cope, i'm the biggest procrastinator i know Smile
Unfortunately there are times when I can barely cope, which is why I often disappear for a week or two, but somehow I manage to come through them.  My biggest fear is that a day will come when I can't, because that was what happened ten years ago and I spent seven months in a psychiatric hospital, which was one of the most frightening things I've ever experienced.  Not only was it a mixed ward (something which should never be allowed even if there are separate dormitories for male and female patients) but some of the patients, particularly among the men, were quite seriously disturbed, which only increased my feelings of anxiety and by so doing hampered my recovery.  Medication, after all, can only do so much.
[ Last edit by Aileen September 20, 2013, 01:29 AM ] IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy @ the Thailand Open 2013 « Reply #134 on: September 20, 2013, 01:31 AM »

Unfortunately there are times when I can barely cope, which is why I often disappear for a week or two, but somehow I manage to come through them.  My biggest fear is that a day will come when I can't, because that was what happened ten years ago and I spent seven months in a psychiatric hospital, which was one of the most frightening things I've ever experienced.  Not only was it a mixed ward (something which should never be allowed even if there are separate dormitories for male and female patients) but some of the patients, particularly among the men, were quite seriously disturbed, something which only increased my feelings of anxiety and by so doing only served to hamper my recovery.  Medication, after all, can only do so much.

Yeah i know what you mean, the problem is also that depression gets mocked by most people, i got so sick and tired of hearing "oh just cheer up, it's not the end of the world" etc. I think people just think depression is something you feel and can do something about not realising it's actually a very serious illness.

Anyway we're going off topic here, but hopefully you will never get to that stage again, mental breakdowns are not nice, my mum had one a long time ago and it was scary  hug
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »