Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy to play the Hopman Cup in 2015 with Heather Watson 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Andy to play the Hopman Cup in 2015 with Heather Watson

(Read 917 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Andy to play the Hopman Cup in 2015 with Heather Watson « Reply #15 on: August 12, 2014, 09:43 PM »

Linda I thought Toronto wasn't that far from NYC?

It's about an 8 hour drive. Drove it a few times for vacation reasons, but why go to USO when they all come to my doorstep a few weeks earlier? Shrug
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy to play the Hopman Cup in 2015 with Heather Watson « Reply #16 on: August 12, 2014, 09:45 PM »

A Slam is a Slam.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Andy to play the Hopman Cup in 2015 with Heather Watson « Reply #17 on: August 12, 2014, 09:46 PM »

A tiring drive is a tiring drive.

I'm pretty sure I get to see/talk to more players here than I ever would at the USO.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy to play the Hopman Cup in 2015 with Heather Watson « Reply #18 on: August 12, 2014, 10:08 PM »

I'm pretty sure I get to see/talk to more players here than I ever would at the USO.

Jump on a plane I shall meet ya there Very Happy must admit I wouldn't do an 8 hour drive down either.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy to play the Hopman Cup in 2015 with Heather Watson « Reply #19 on: August 13, 2014, 01:11 AM »

Doesn't it take less than 2 hours by flying? lol
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy to play the Hopman Cup in 2015 with Heather Watson « Reply #20 on: August 13, 2014, 10:51 AM »

I don't think it matters that much that Andy is choosing to play the Hopman Cup next year over a tournament. All being well he'll have a better AO than this year, so he'll gain more than winning a 250 would give him.

Andy's played the HC before and got to the AO final. The HC is the one exho that does seem to be taken seriously.

If Andy had decided to play a tournament I would have hoped he would have chosen Brisbane. He won it two years in a row (or three?) and Acapulco was horrible this year.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy to play the Hopman Cup in 2015 with Heather Watson « Reply #21 on: August 13, 2014, 03:44 PM »

It will be good for him to team up with Heather Watson for a change. I think she was slightly miffed when Andy chose Laura Robson over her at the Olympics. If I mind right Heather was ranked slightly higher at the time. Of course we knew that Andy & Laura played together at the Hopman Cup which swung it.  
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Andy to play the Hopman Cup in 2015 with Heather Watson « Reply #22 on: August 13, 2014, 04:01 PM »

Doesn't it take less than 2 hours by flying? lol

Takes 1.5 hrs, costs around $350-$400+. Plus hotel. Plus pre-buying tickets for a possible non-Andy match.

Whereas I can drive to Rogers Cup in half an hour, park for $20 bucks, $300 for a best seat in the house, and a guaranteed Andy match, then be home for dinner.

No brainer for moi. Smile

IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Andy to play the Hopman Cup in 2015 with Heather Watson « Reply #23 on: August 13, 2014, 04:49 PM »

I am surprised What's wrong with playing Brisbane?  methinks he'll still be chasing points next January
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy to play the Hopman Cup in 2015 with Heather Watson « Reply #24 on: August 14, 2014, 12:18 PM »

Great decision.

Heather will benefit greatly as well.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »