Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy v Delpo 2008 video 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Andy v Delpo 2008 video

(Read 838 times)
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Andy v Delpo 2008 video « on: February 23, 2012, 09:20 PM »

Hi fellow MW's w00t I am wondering if anyone could help me find a video of Andy v Delpo at the 08 US Open as it's the only one of Andy's big matches I have not seen. Youtube only has a short clip and I would love to see more.

Thanx in advance.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Andy v Delpo 2008 video « Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 09:30 PM »

You want to watch that match?

Horrible quality match - a real battle of attrition. Can't say I have a link, sorry!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Andy v Delpo 2008 video « Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 09:53 PM »

IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy v Delpo 2008 video « Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 11:10 AM »

Thank's Nigel. Love watching Andy win!  Smile
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy v Delpo 2008 video « Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 11:55 AM »

That's the way to beat Delpot make him run and run, to the net, back again, to the corners etc. Andy also seems for the most part to handle that killer forehand/serve too.
Interesting watching that, ta Nigel. Interesting also to see how well Andy was playing in 2008 and how aggressively, constantly attacking Delpot and coming to the net so often.
Think 2008 must've been his best year prior to 2011.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Andy v Delpo 2008 video « Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 01:10 PM »

That's the way to beat Delpot make him run and run, to the net, back again, to the corners etc. Andy also seems for the most part to handle that killer forehand/serve too.
Interesting watching that, ta Nigel. Interesting also to see how well Andy was playing in 2008 and how aggressively, constantly attacking Delpot and coming to the net so often.
Think 2008 must've been his best year prior to 2011.

2009 was better, he was much more consistent, in terms of win/loss record. His first half of 2008 was an unmitigated disaster, the second half he broke through and made the no 4 position his own.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy v Delpo 2008 video « Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 02:54 PM »

Cheers, Sir P. I think 2008 was the year he beat Rafa at USOpen? If so probably colouring my judgement.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy v Delpo 2008 video « Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 03:04 PM »

Yes it was bbh.  I remember it so well as I was on holiday in Canadian Rockies and the delpo match was taking place as we flew across and I couldn't find anything about the results on our tv when we arrived for ages - so frustrating. And then  remember him beating Rafa over 2 days, trying to find the right channels to watch it and jumping around for joy in a cramped hotel room when he won.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy v Delpo 2008 video « Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 03:20 PM »

Ruthie, he played very, very well that match and rocketed into the headlights of the non-British tennis world yay
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy v Delpo 2008 video « Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 05:34 PM »

Ruthie, he played very, very well that match and rocketed into the headlights of the non-British tennis world yay
yes and under very difficult conditions - while fed of course had his feet up, as usual.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Andy v Delpo 2008 video « Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 06:26 PM »

Thanx Nigel clap Enjoyed this immensely.
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Andy v Delpo 2008 video « Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 06:28 PM »

Thanks Nigel for the enjoyable match.  I notice that Andy FH was quite loopy at that time whereas recently against Nole, it was flatter and had more speed and penetration.
IP Logged
dave_ladder
Junior

Re: Andy v Delpo 2008 video « Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 11:22 PM »

Thanks Nigel for the enjoyable match.  I notice that Andy FH was quite loopy at that time whereas recently against Nole, it was flatter and had more speed and penetration.

If you look back at videos from this time it's really noticeable just how much more aggressive he plays now. I think the idea that Murray doesn't play aggressive enough is starting to become a bit outdated - if anything he's been too aggressive at times in my opinion (e.g. at Wimbledon against Nadal last year).

Look at this old video against Benneteau for instance - I just can't imagine him playing like this ever again:

IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Andy v Delpo 2008 video « Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 12:35 AM »

I agree.  Andy has transformed from that totally defensive play. What is amazing is that in the recent AO final, Nole and Nadal had 40+ stroke rallies where either one of them was attacking almost flat out and the ball still stayed in.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy v Delpo 2008 video « Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 02:43 PM »

If you look back at videos from this time it's really noticeable just how much more aggressive he plays now. I think the idea that Murray doesn't play aggressive enough is starting to become a bit outdated - if anything he's been too aggressive at times in my opinion (e.g. at Wimbledon against Nadal last year).

Look at this old video against Benneteau for instance - I just can't imagine him playing like this ever again:

Wow Andy really was so passive here! Forehands just landing mid-court with hardly any pace on them at all. Thankfully he is a lot more aggressive now - it's impressive how much his forehand has improved over the last couple of years.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »